Reliability and validity of sources (1 Viewer)

ebbygoo

HSC
Hey guys.

I am doing a question where it says assess the reliability and validity of your sources;
now in pracs, you would test reliability through repeats, and it would be valid by having controlled variables maintained.
However, when you're just looking at a bibliography of sources, what are you looking for to ensure it's a) reliable b) how do you know if it's valid/ what does something mean by validity of sources?

Thanks.

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
a) To ensure reliability, you cross-reference the information you have found on websites with other websites to see if they essentially reiterate the same information in different words. This ensures reliability. Additionally, consider using government/university websites - they have a high degree of reliability.

b) Generally, I think validity refers to whether or not the information is logically sound. i.e. is it correct?

Hope I helped

bangladesh

HSC
Reliability has been answered above.
For validity, it's whether the experiment is actually testing the hypotheses or not (and that's quite a vague definition- Validity usually varies depending on the experiment)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)