• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Religion and non Religion for ISP! (1 Viewer)

mdy_118

Hi!

I'm in a dilemma here! I have to hand in my first diary entry as well as my focus q on tuesday and I haven't looked at it yet sinc ei was at camp. I think I want to do R&NR on ahteism but was wondering if ne1 cud help me cum up wit a q,I'm juggling between A or C but think C wud b hard to find. Plz tell me ur opinion wit the q i got now:
1. What characteristics of atheism has attracted followers of this belief system?
2. What are the beliefs and explain the nature of atheism?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
mdy_118 said:
Hi!

I'm in a dilemma here! I have to hand in my first diary entry as well as my focus q on tuesday and I haven't looked at it yet sinc ei was at camp. I think I want to do R&NR on ahteism but was wondering if ne1 cud help me cum up wit a q,I'm juggling between A or C but think C wud b hard to find. Plz tell me ur opinion wit the q i got now:
1. What characteristics of atheism has attracted followers of this belief system?
2. What are the beliefs and explain the nature of atheism?
both are way too broad as they dont demonstrate a knowledge of what "atheism is"

ie its just pure description and reliant on other peoples opinions....

eg q2...(reading your question as it is) atheism really doesnt have beliefs (social yes but.... are they "atheist"?) as such .: your first part of your report essentially will be one line...they dont!!, second part what is the nature of atheism? What do you mean by this? ie again, is it a social thing? How do you show its "atheist"? What are you going to use as your example?? A typical teenager?? or a real atheist?? ie someone who would deny the presence or being or God even if there was infallible proof ie they want nothing to do with it.... in theory, a real atheist wouldnt speak to you as its for a religious task..........

IMO, they are way too broad and wishy washy! Its needs to be more specific and concrete

Not trying to be harsh, just honest........

Last edited:

mdy_118

WOW!Thanx man! Very insightful! What I'm trying to do is incorporate the topic of R%NR point A and C together or sumthing. I can't exactly make up a q for either of them. I'm still sturggling in between. If I was to do A it would sumhow realte to C if u kno wat i mean. Can u plz help me for m a q?
Hoe about: What is the nature and characteristics of atheism?
I'm really out od ideas and time is running out...argh...stupid camp!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
mdy_118 said:
WOW!Thanx man! Very insightful! What I'm trying to do is incorporate the topic of R%NR point A and C together or sumthing. I can't exactly make up a q for either of them. I'm still sturggling in between. If I was to do A it would sumhow realte to C if u kno wat i mean. Can u plz help me for m a q?
Hoe about: What is the nature and characteristics of atheism?
I'm really out od ideas and time is running out...argh...stupid camp!
technically you can only do "one area" ie a or b or c not a combination...
Your question above is again too broad. Why not do something like "what makes atheism popular to to its adherants?" (needs a better word but...) or "Why would someone choose atheism?" or go with a hypothesis of " No-religion is increasing in popularity in Australia" (with reference to the census)

Again, these are really bad questions but at least they are a little more specific......!
LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)