Religious "Traditions" (1 Viewer)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
"Evaluate the influence of religious traditions on the issue of conscription and WW1."

An easy enough question, but my response was almost all based on Catholic, protestant etc, of the Christian religious "tradition", with about 1 or 2 lines on Jews. How the hell are we supposed to include shit on anything besides Catholicism and the little bit of Judaism provided by textbooks, to indicate a plural "religous traditions? there is so little there, do they just expect you to mention how other traditions didn't contribute or something?
This goes for other questions involving religious 'traditions' too. I still got 4/5, so i'm a bit puzzled.
Any thoughts?

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Basically, there werent any of the other traditions in any significant number to make an influence. Thats basically including other traditions, saying they had no influence.

I guess?

I *think* i may have read somewhere something about Buddhist supporting consription, but thats a fadded fadded unreliable memory ...

Ac

Alexander

Gold Member
All you have to do is mention the christian influence, and then mention another tradition's influence-
i.e for judaism, the existing ones in Aust. were generally not working class (but were wealthy etc.) so supported consription (as the upper class benifited from war)
Major-General Monash was a Jew (famous Aust. gen. in ww1)
You would mention what Jews did with these issues, but would need to say they didnt really influence the issues---i dont think chirstianity really influenced them either

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what's wrong with what you did, plural traditionS means more than 1 which means christians and jews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)