remember guys, if you fked up your HSC (1 Viewer)

friend177

HSC
atar means jack after high school.

nevertherless, gd luck.

you can screw up real bad and go to tafe and still do what you want to do. you can get 90 and still do law at usyd or unsw eventually. u can still do medicine at unsw even if you went to tafe. and got like a 40 ATAR.(lolno)

YouKnowWho

HSC
atar means jack after high school.

nevertherless, gd luck.

you can screw up real bad and go to tafe and still do what you want to do. you can get 90 and still do law at usyd or unsw eventually. u can still do medicine at unsw even if you went to tafe. and got like a 40 ATAR.(lolno)
True but I want to do pharmacy and it's going to take me 2 years to get into uni to do it. Apparently you have to get into collage then transfer to a science course in university (you can't trasfer directly to pharmacy from collage because they just don't accept transfers from collage) and THEN after another year, if you worked your butt off, you can get into pharmacy.

Anyone know if there is there a more efficient way of getting in ?

madharris

HSC
N/A
True but I want to do pharmacy and it's going to take me 2 years to get into uni to do it. Apparently you have to get into collage then transfer to a science course in university (you can't trasfer directly to pharmacy from collage because they just don't accept transfers from collage) and THEN after another year, if you worked your butt off, you can get into pharmacy.

I'm assuming pharmacy @ usyd because I'm not sure where else you can do it

You can always do science at another uni with a lower atar then externally transfer :)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

I think you can do pharm at CSU

YouKnowWho

HSC
I'm assuming pharmacy @ usyd because I'm not sure where else you can do it

You can always do science at another uni with a lower atar then externally transfer :)
Yep, that's what I did as my first preference which requires an atar of 90, and some other universities such as orange and wagga wagga o_O and finally I chose a science course so I can transfer after but I don't even know if I can even make it into that.. ah

Hopefully some kind of miracle occurs

SherlockHolmes

HSC
I want to be a film maker....

So I just need lots of money to afford courses.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Some competitive jobs ask for ATAR as well so idk...

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Which they have no legal right to ask for.
Really? I had no idea it was illegal. Where in the law does it say it? As far as I understand, employers are allowed to ask about your education. Is it not the same for your results in your education?

Last edited:

Raolan

HSC
They most certainly do have the right to ask a prospective employee to disclose their ATAR.
Let me rephrase that. They have no social right to ask for that. ATAR is not a measure of skill, ability or experience. Someone with an ATAR of 40 is quite possibly more skilled and experienced in the respective field than someone with an ATAR of 99.95, just as someone with no tertiary qualifications could still be more experienced in a specific field than someone with 5 PhDs.

Last edited:

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Let me rephrase that. They have no social right to ask for that. ATAR is not a measure of skill, ability or experience. Someone with an ATAR of 40 is quite possibly more skilled and experienced in the respective field than someone with an ATAR of 99.95, just as someone with no tertiary qualifications could still be more experienced in a specific field than someone with 5 PhDs.
Legal right -> social right

wat

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Of course they have a right.

If applications are incredibly competitive (just an FYI, they are extremely competitive at the moment), giving them more credentials to base their decisions on is a positive.

You're right that the ATAR can't really be used as a primary indicator of job suitability but to be honest, they would only use it if they have two equally outstanding candidates and they need some sort of metric to compare them by. It's pretty much a last resort, but employers have been asking just in case they need it.

friend177

HSC
Just do well in UNI, participate on extra curricular activities, network a lot and smash that interview. ATAR will mean jack. There is no equal candidate. No interviews are the same. Those employers that ask for ATAR when you already have a degree, don't know what the fk they are doing and they can go screw themself. You will win whether they hire you or not. Someone that gets 50 ATAR went to tafe then UNI and end up finishing a UNI degree with HDs or Ds show how committed they are to that field.

Gd luck don't sweat.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Well that's an entirely different meaning altogether...

TinyNinja

HSC
N/A
I can't possibly see why an employer would ask for your ATAR, it is truly is a horrible measure of job suitability. Especially if you consider those jobs that are so 'competitive' that they could theoretically ask you for it, would generally be ones that are academic and require a degree of some sort. Which means that your ATAR would be at least 3 years old, and going back to someones performance 3 years ago would be a horrible indicator of their current academic performance compared to say their uni marks.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't possibly see why an employer would ask for your ATAR, it is truly is a horrible measure of job suitability. Especially if you consider those jobs that are so 'competitive' that they could theoretically ask you for it, would generally be ones that are academic and require a degree of some sort. Which means that your ATAR would be at least 3 years old, and going back to someones performance 3 years ago would be a horrible indicator of their current academic performance compared to say their uni marks.
It can be a measure of consistency or work ethic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)