remember the physics vs maths 2u? lol (1 Viewer)

PiGMAN

HSC
x_dreama said:
haha~ well hey, if you guys remember I was pondering about which to drop a couple of months ago~ I actually dropped all of the maths :) is there anyone else out there who a) despises maths fullstop.
b) dropped it!
c) thinks I'm crazy for dropping maths =P
c. 2 unit maths is not hard at all, even if you are crap at maths. BUT it's your life, I really don't care.

I'm not even going to begin criticizing your argument miss gtr, I cbf typing that much.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

miss_gtr said:
"Ancient Orator" YOUR MEANT TO BE ON MYYYYYYYYYY SIDE!!

History provides a more sound knowledge to life than maths, and its more interesting to learn about.
lol .

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Yes, because history has taught us how we have evolved to what we are today.

I'm impressed. Four millennia of nearly unstopped conflict, war, famine, and fight for survival. And trust me, without maths, I think life would be a lot worse. A lot of people don't realise how important maths really is. So much stuff in the background is the product of those "little squiggles which give people headaches".

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Maths is more advanced than history as there is no extension 2 history XD

I was so not expecting this thread to turn into a maths vs. history war :D

(read the topic)

miss_gtr said:
Because maths suckorz. And History is the sex.
Maths should be banned, like we have calculators, time table charts and the internet these days.. sif need maths!
I reckon that is the post that started it... :p

*looks at miss gtr* ;)

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
yes finally, someone to help me.

Because in the hsc, i believe it takes a lot more skill to compose a band 6 history essay than to get a band 6 in maths for answering crappola questions.
Look at the content of 2u history v 2u maths. Can't beat that.
For a 5 mark history question, i write like 2-3 pages, for maths.. all your working out and stuff, prob fills out ONE page.
yes just like my teacher says you need to write quality and quantity lol

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hehe, i have to agree with you that maths 2u is easy as, i average 100% in assessments/exams without much study, however doesn't mean that history is a better subject than maths. :rolleyes:

*goes to maths forums*

P

pLuvia

Look everyone has their own opinions lets end this conflict here :p

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Maths is not beautiful, Historical artifacts are beautiful..
Don't worry, i can't run 100m unless there is a fridge at the end of it filled with gellato or i need to pee and a sex predator is behind me.
HISTORY>maths.

lol, why did u immediately assume i hated history... I love history Infact the only reason i didn take history is because my school didnt offer extension, and I wanted to take up subjects that offered extensions in yr 12 such as ext 2 english in yr 12 and ext 2 maths in yr 12 (to keep my options open)..even though i didnt take up ext 2 maths, i did take up ext 2 english (but dropped it)

I would have LOVED to do history, but things didnt work out... plus we only had modern history offered at my school and that was on the same line with chem, If I would go bak to yr 11 I would definately take up history, Thats not to say I like history more than maths, but I think each is likeable in its own unique sense!

Besides, History (not the HSC course) tells us alot about the HISTORY of mathematics and science, Its from history that better and more advanced technology was able to be developed, ppl learn from mistakes from the past (i.e history).. and develop their ideas according to ppl such as Eienstein, Newton...etc, etc.

in conclusion

Maths is beautiful and Histroical artefacts are beautiful!

on and since the title suggest something about phys and maths, ahhh...

maths and phys are both cool... except some of physics is just uber boring!(well most of it excluding space IMO)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)