Reminder..Don't stress over trial marks (1 Viewer)

PaternalNinja

HSC
Just thought I'd mention this because it helps to ease the stress at this time, I'm bored and uni really is a bludge.

As per a BOS rep that spoke to my school last year;

The trial HSC exams are nothing but a chance to improve your rankings in your cohort. Do not think that you need to get 96% or something or you will not get a high UAI. Infact you can get whatever mark you want and as long as you are ranked near the top in your class.

So whilst the trials are a semi-decent way to guage your possible performance in the HSC (it really isn't once you spend those few weeks before the HSC voraciously studying) don't stress so much. Chances are most people haven't studied a whole lot and unless you are from a selective school where study is a matter of your family loving you or not and therefore everyone will destroy your rank in the trial = bad.

Person A from school A gets 50% in all trials and ranks 1st in cohort
Person B from school B gets 100% in all trials and ranks 1st in cohort

Person A and B both get 90% in an HSC exam
Person A and B both get the same UAI (not considering the ranking of the schools)

So ask your teachers for your ranks in your classes before and after your trials.

runnable

HSC
They can't tell you your cumulative rank after trials but they gave us our Trial ranks.

runnable

HSC
No idea why, I don't get it either. Apparently its BOS rules. If you see HSC Students Online site, it says that we get our cumulative ranks pretty much after the HSC is over in November. But it is easy to work out ranks, especially the top ones.

runnable

HSC
I guess they don't want to influence our performance in the actual HSC by knowing our ranks beforehand.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
zomg, then so long as everyone performs well on the day, everyone's happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)