Reminder: Tax File Number (2 Viewers)

eat_well

HSC
I filled out a form during school but never got a letter in the mail. Should I call the number up or fill out another form?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I filled out a form during school but never got a letter in the mail. Should I call the number up or fill out another form?
It's likely that the letter got misplaced.

Call the ATO first to see if you can recover it.

Roy216

HSC
i want my tfn because i found a job, how long would it take to receive one? a few friends told me it would take a month?

Aysce

HSC
i want my tfn because i found a job, how long would it take to receive one? a few friends told me it would take a month?
Just submitted mine today and on the back of the form, it says it takes 28 days so roughly a month.

Roy216

HSC
Just submitted mine today and on the back of the form, it says it takes 28 days so roughly a month.
shit, should've gotten it earlier. I thought it would take about a week

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
got told today on the phone ive gotta wait 13 minutes in the queue to find out my TFN, FUARKK!!

evee_888

HSC
When do we need to get a TFN by. I am currently overseas and will not be back until the end of January.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
When do we need to get a TFN by. I am currently overseas and will not be back until the end of January.
I'm guessing it is best to put it when you enrol. Since you are not in Australia, you should get it done asap. I'm guessing you have until the census date (which is independent for each uni and maybe even course (not sure)). The census date is the date that everything is finalised and you are officially enrolled in a course and eligible for HECS-HELP or else you have to pay upfront or lose a position in the course.

Don't panic, the census date is usually a few weeks after the course has started.

But still, oncce you get back, apply for a TFN, which will give you the opportunity to have your TFN in before your course starts.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
applied and emailed it, been 3 months, waiting...

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
did, went there in persona and said that they never received it.

evee_888

HSC
I'm guessing it is best to put it when you enrol. Since you are not in Australia, you should get it done asap. I'm guessing you have until the census date (which is independent for each uni and maybe even course (not sure)). The census date is the date that everything is finalised and you are officially enrolled in a course and eligible for HECS-HELP or else you have to pay upfront or lose a position in the course.

Don't panic, the census date is usually a few weeks after the course has started.

But still, oncce you get back, apply for a TFN, which will give you the opportunity to have your TFN in before your course starts.
Thanks. I think the census date for unsw is in march. If I apply as soon as I get back I'll get it done in time.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
I've applied for the TFN now, because I didn't know it was needed until today :(
Can I still confirm my Uni application and fill out my timetable, then confirm my TFN number later (before the census date)???

abcderic

Untitled
HSC
^ I did this too. For UTS it told me to choose full upfront payment first then give the 'certificate of application for tfn' to the student centre later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)