Removing fails from transcript (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm a little curious. I heard some people saying that you can get FLs removed from your transcript by paying around $20-30 to the uni?

Anyone know about this?
(btw i have no failed anything (yet), just curious)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha worried about your math1231 results ay
personally ive got no idea...best bet is to ask the faculty

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If that's so, it's one of the grossest examples of wealth and status invading universities. What an outrage.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
velox said:
I'm a little curious. I heard some people saying that you can get FLs removed from your transcript by paying around $20-30 to the uni?

Anyone know about this?
(btw i have no failed anything (yet), just curious)
Forget it. It doesn't happen.

You can get Withdrawn without Failure - which would remove the fail from your transcript if you can prove why you should get it removed.

ace

is retired
HSC
Closest thing to removing fails from your transcript is whiteout.

Raginsheep

HSC
If you do crap in a subject (ie pass) can you attempt it again to try to get a better mark?

All hypothetical of course ;)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Isn't there a limit on the number of courses you can do before the commonwealth stops paying its part for them? That is, if you repeat or do so many courses, then you become a DFEE student.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
I believe they have recently changed (ie. this year) - the Commonwealth will support you up to 7 years full-time.

So technically, if you go 'over' the credit points for your degree, you might be able to get the government to pay for it.

Another possibility is to transfer, all your marks will become T (transfer). But you can only transfer up to a certain amount of a degree, in Science I think its up to half a degree.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
azn_gangsta81 said:
haha worried about your math1231 results ay
personally ive got no idea...best bet is to ask the faculty
Er no? I just read a previous thread about it, and heard about it from a friend.

Timmy: I went to the science student centre, and they said you cant go over your credit limit.

Raginsheep: I heard that when you pass a subject you cannot repeat it.

Last edited:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
velox said:
Er no? I just read a previous thread about it, and heard about it from a friend.

Timmy: I went to the science student centre, and they said you cant go over your credit limit.

Yes, that's the official line - you can't go over the limit.

My advice on the BOS forums is not official:rofl:. And yes, once you pass, you can't repeat.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Is this situation only for UNSW? (referring to the once passed, cannot repeat rule). I wouldn't want to repeat a unit I passed just to get a better mark in case I do worse off or the same, but I'm curious.

Raginsheep

HSC
So whats better......gettting a 49 fail (no PC) and then re-doing it for a 90 HD or getting a 55 P?

I guess I understand why there would be such a rule (to stop everyone just redoing their all their subjects again hoping to get a better mark) though.

elfm

HSC
Raginsheep said:
So whats better......gettting a 49 fail (no PC) and then re-doing it for a 90 HD or getting a 55 P?

I guess I understand why there would be such a rule (to stop everyone just redoing their all their subjects again hoping to get a better mark) though.
ofcourse a 55P is better than a Fail and a HD. No one likes seeing F's on their transcript...

ace

is retired
HSC
velox said:

Its 7years worth of credit points. Its set by the government. Came in, in 2005. Search for my old posts, I explained it ad-nausam a few months ago.

Ignore the science centre or any other centre's advice, its government independent and applies to all "local" commonwealth supported students irregardless of university. I.e. the 7yrs is 7yrs no matter where you are.

Though, if your at uni for 7 FULL time years and can't complete your 3-4 year degree, its probably BEST if you just got a job and come back in 10-15 years. :)

ace

is retired
HSC
I think its general common sense, if you passed a course you never ever want to touch it again, let alone redo it once its done.

I don't know if there is a formal rule regarding that, but I think the student centre once they figure out what is going on, will just point and laugh. I mean, think about it.

If you fail, and redo the subject that is different that passing and re-doing the subject. (In case I drifted off topic)

Saying to a potential employer, look I got a fail, ain't going to make a good impression no matter how talented your later year marks might be. Of course you could use the I got better. But of course someone similar to you could say my marks went from P to HD, not F to HD. Relatively you'd still look shitter and FL is like a mini-stigma, a P is a P, its a pass, a F is a F, a FAIL. It shows you couldn't (for whatever reason) do xyz course.

In any rate, I'd suggest don't bleedingly point out your fail in your transcript, unless they ask about it.

And remember, even when you re-do the failed unit the first mark is still only taken in the calculation of your wam. So even if you get 90 second time round, it means nothing.

That kind of brings back to the first point, if there is no formal rule, there is a rule of first mark sticks in the calculations. So if they let you retake a course you passed (say they just wanted your money and didn't care about your odd demands) the second mark would be bubkus in any rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)