Removing vista (1 Viewer)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
Is there a way to do it without formatting? I want to put xp pro back on.
:p

Hey dude,
Just insert the XP CD while you've running Vista desktop.
It will guide you on how to install, with a GUI.
It will format anyways when it re-installs.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
s-AINT said:
:p

Hey dude,
Just insert the XP CD while you've running Vista desktop.
It will guide you on how to install, with a GUI.
It will format anyways when it re-installs.
oh so there's no way to install xp without formatting?
vista is giving me the shits...doesn't even hibernate properly and it's heaps hard to set up sharing folders over a LAN :(

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Ok, how did you install Vista? from an upgrade disk? or from the full Vista disk?

edit: you can create a second partition on the drive and install xp pro, then you can dual boot to vista and move desired files from vista partition, to the xp partition.
Once you move the files over, you can then delete the vista partition - but you would need partition magic or some other similiar partitioning program.

Last edited:

MuffinMan

HSC
nope from a clean format. So I guess I'll have to format it? :(
I'm like cbf.

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Why don't you want to format?

e:

Microsoft said:
How to go back to Windows XP after you have upgraded a Windows XP-based computer to Windows Vista
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 933170
Last Review : May 24, 2007
Revision : 2.2
On This Page

INTRODUCTION

MORE INFORMATION

Steps to remove Windows Vista

REFERENCES
INTRODUCTION
This article is intended for a beginning to intermediate computer user. You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first.

After you upgrade a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer to Windows Vista, you may decide to remove Windows Vista. However, in the Programs and Features item in Control Panel, there is no option to remove Windows Vista. This article describes how to remove Windows Vista by reverting to Windows XP.
Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION
Steps to remove Windows Vista
To remove Windows Vista, back up any files, and then perform a clean installation of Windows XP. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Back up your files to a CD, to a DVD, to an external drive such as a USB flash drive, or to a secondary partition.
2. When the backup is complete, perform a clean installation of Windows XP. For more information about how to perform a clean installation of Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
316941 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316941/) How to install or upgrade to Windows XP
Note To perform a clean installation of Windows XP by using an upgrade version of Windows XP, you must provide the media (discs) for the operating system that was installed before you upgraded to Windows XP.
:( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933170

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
awesome, but I did a clean install of vista after a format, does that still work?
How did you format the drive?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Is this the only reason why you want to re-install XP Pro? because if you like, I can help you try and set up the lan sharing? Because the only other option would be backing up what you've on the Vista drive, then format, and install XP PRO.
I'm about to install Vista on my laptop, I'll try and setup the lan sharing and see what happens.

MuffinMan

HSC
umm also, my graphics card (9250) wouldn't run opengl on vista cause there's no drivers. And I can't get a new graphics card cause it's run on AGP 8x not PCI. If I wanted a new one that had open gl on vista...I'd have to get a new motherboard and thus a new processor.... basically a new computer

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
nah not really if you say that your motherboard has AGP8x you can easily buy a cheap graphics card to run vista.....i.e a radeon 9550 which is like $50.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Eh, they cracked Vista? Team Paradox actually discovered a method so you can make any version of Vista genuine.
I have the RTM version (30 day trial), of Vista on a data DVD here, and not long ago I received an email including the hack, and details for cracking Vista. I followed the instructions and it actually makes Vista genuine - you can download updates and it passes the validation stages too.
So I have the full version on my laptop, and it didn't cost me a cent.
Who wants the crack?
Anyways, to be honest, it's pissing me off too muffinman, I can't even find a driver for my video card.
Can you open DVD maker?

Last edited:

MuffinMan

HSC
s-AINT said:
Eh, they cracked Vista? Team Paradox actually discovered a method so you can make any version of Vista genuine.
I have the RTM version (30 day trial), of Vista on a data DVD here, and not long ago I received an email including the hack, and details for cracking Vista. I followed the instructions and it actually makes Vista genuine - you can download updates and it passes the validation stages too.
So I have the full version on my laptop, and it didn't cost me a cent.
Who wants the crack?
Anyways, to be honest, it's pissing me off too muffinman, I can't even find a driver for my video card.
Can you open DVD maker?
I'm not sure if I even have it, does it come with business edition?

edit: just checked doesn't come with business edition so I can't really help you there, sorry

Last edited:
HSC
Hahaha!
It's never "How do I install Vista...?" it's "HOW THE HELL DO I GET RID OF THIS?!"

It's like Microsoft wants you to suffer, and pay for it :D

" Would you like to connect to the internet to wipe your bum? "

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
actually i like it now
i've been playing with it for a while and it seems much more friendly then xp
the only thing I dislike is the fact that every time you attempt too complete a task, it asks for permission.
I suppose you can disable UAC, but then you're stuck with a warning all the time.

:confused:

HSC
s-AINT said:
actually i like it now
i've been playing with it for a while and it seems much more friendly then xp
the only thing I dislike is the fact that every time you attempt too complete a task, it asks for permission.
I suppose you can disable UAC, but then you're stuck with a warning all the time.

:confused:
If you go to the Windows Security Centre in the control panel, on the left in the task pane there is a line that says "Change the way security centre alerts me". There's an option there to not nag at you and not display the icon. This is a simple solution assuming you don't need the security centre warnings for any of its other components.

Shame they dropped the ball on UAC, it did sound promising to start with, and it's a shame to see what could have been a useful security measure turned into a ridiculous hindrance to normal operation that almost everyone will either disable or at least ignore.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
If you go to the Windows Security Centre in the control panel, on the left in the task pane there is a line that says "Change the way security centre alerts me". There's an option there to not nag at you and not display the icon. This is a simple solution assuming you don't need the security centre warnings for any of its other components.

Shame they dropped the ball on UAC, it did sound promising to start with, and it's a shame to see what could have been a useful security measure turned into a ridiculous hindrance to normal operation that almost everyone will either disable or at least ignore.
thx for this information
much appreciated

:wave:

edit: woah this is great, vista ftw

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
MuffinMan said:
oh so there's no way to install xp without formatting?
vista is giving me the shits...doesn't even hibernate properly and it's heaps hard to set up sharing folders over a LAN :(
You must be shit then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)