renting (1 Viewer)

speed_bump

invalid
i rent..... i pay $90 + exp and at the moment im sharing with 5 others (includes a couple) but the house is massive....im rentin at the gong at the moment

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm in a four bedroom brand new apartment at a university residence. I pay $160 a week, but that includes all bills such as gas, electricity and water.

jayz

walking
i'd lyk to hav a another flatmate in order to rent private housing somewhere close to the city preferablly inner west, south suburbs, paying approx. $110 rent/wk, not including other expenses, with a 3 bedroom sized flat

anyone interested?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I'm renting, the place costs $660 a week between 3 of us but the place is huge, water views, terriffic access, the whole lot...

Ribbon

I am renting (sharing with my boyfriend) in canberra... $235 per week (total rent) for a 2 bedroom single level townhouse with garage, only 2 years old, dishwasher, gas heating and cooking, walk in wardrobe in main, 2 minutes walk to local shops, 5 - 10mins drive to westfield and 15 mins (no traffic) or 25mins (traffic) to the city.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by jezzmo
how much do you people think one should be earning p/wk before they can afford to rent?

i want to move out, but i'm looking at $200 income p/wk . i'd be going ultra cheap accomodation obviously.
Can't you get youth allowance, which would probably cover most/all of your rent, thus allowing you to use your $200 on other stuff such as food, grog, petrol, and such?

Last edited:

doe

HSC
N/A
1/4 to 1/2 of your total after tax income is reasonable i reckon.

$200 wont get you too far in syd im afraid.

ages ago i was looking for a place around macuni, went to one in epping for $90 a week. there was like 12 people living in a three bedroom house, including 3 people in the laundry (i shit you not).

petawb

myself and 3 friends are planning to move out after the dreaded hsc. We've worked it out and we can afford a place for about $500 a week all up for rent (not including bills, food, etc.) which covers alot of 4 bedroom places according to rental listings around inner west sydney.

Though, will they be really crap? We haven't actually checked out any cause we're just at the planning stages.

We figure if we put together about $3000 for the end of the year, we'll be able to blow that on a bond and some furniture.

Is it a plan do you think? Or do we need to consider more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)