Repeating the Hsc at tafe (1 Viewer)

xibeleli

HSC
Hi i am considering about repeating the hsc since my assessments this year didnt go too well.

I have looked at the NSW tafe websites and still dont really understand somethings.

1. When does tafe classes for the hsc 2009 classes generally start and when must i enrol???, i am thinking about redoing all my courses.

2. whats the best tafe/college to redo my hsc in NSW where a have a better chance

3. Do the teachers for the courses teach you well as normal school, or do they just sit there and you must individually study

Last edited:

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
who would want to do the hsc again? Even if u arent doing good u can always redeem yourself for the finals, its not the be all end all the hsc, but repeating it, thats just dumb.

imnotkarl

HSC
ok mate,
for starters, doing badly in the hsc is not the end of the world.
honestly i just dont care about teh hsc because i have allready made my choice and this is my second attempt at it.
Instead of repeating, find an alternative, Uni isnt the only way to go, and the reality is that uni's will accept yu if you have the commitment.
Going well in the hsc is the only option for those who have not decided on a career path. My best freind got a UAI of 38 and still got into uni doing medical radiation physics and tops the class.
Honestly, dont worry spend what time you have researching your interests. go out and try the job for the day, ask an employer if you can just watch or even have a go, they'll love the free labour and you get the taste for the work. thats what i did.
I just landed a apprenticeship/cadetship for electrical engineering with great pay.
its not al about marks but what you feel comfortable doing, after all you will spend the rest of your life working (well until you are 65).

for most people this is a scary descision, but in all truths schools are busineses and the higher marks you get the more funding they get, so dont always beleive what your teachers say when they tell you about life choices.

I am not in any way discouraging anyone to purposly give up and not try, i'm aiming more at showing teh alternatives. after al its your descision.

mirann

HSC
Hey sorry I don't really know the details about studying at TAFE. But don't listen to the others, if you want to repeat then it's up to you. I don't see why it's not a good idea :)

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
I may be wrong, but from what I understand Randwick TAFE is the only one that will let you do 10 or more units in 1 year. So unless you want to be stuck doing it a 2nd time over 2 years then that may be the "best" TAFE for you. HSC @ TAFE starts at the beginning of the year around when schools start. ie term 1. Can't tell you what the teaching is like.

Last edited:

3vil

HSC
N/A
hey im currently doing the hsc again because i missed out a tonne of assessments last year .. im doing it at ultimo tafe and i think u have to do it over the span of two years not sure about randwick ... however the teaching is great.. everyone in your class is actually committed to learning and its not as distractive as school... the teachers are freindly and they get right into the discussion in class... plus there more than happy to stay back and help out if you didnt understand... from what my teachers tell me they have all taught in otherschools but now only teach in tafe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)