• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Repeating the HSC? (1 Viewer)

wishfulxthinker

HSC
there are a few posts on this but they appear to be from 2003 or so and therefore, little help.

basically, the story is this. i've been in a selective school since year 7, could have achieved a UAI of >95 but concentrated on and got involved in other, stupider things and have, in my mind, failed the HSC.

i'm determined to repeat. yes, i want nothing more right now than to repeat a year of hell on earth. what are my options?

mable

HSC
Hey I know how you feel. I didn't do too badly but to me it was a big dissapointment because I really wanted to go straight to uni and at the beginning of yr 12 was expecting around 94 so I'm also thinking about repeating. I dont know whether to go back to school or go to tafe and my parents are not happy that I want to repeat but I'm really not happy with what I got and I dont really care what they say.

But yeh I know ppl who have gone to tafe and one person I know somehow repeated a few of his courses but not all of them and he managed to get a UAI of 92 the second time around. I'd really like to know what there is we can do about repeating because my parents, school, UAC etc aren't all that helpful.

wishfulxthinker

HSC
mable said:
Hey I know how you feel. I didn't do too badly but to me it was a big dissapointment because I really wanted to go straight to uni and at the beginning of yr 12 was expecting around 94 so I'm also thinking about repeating. I dont know whether to go back to school or go to tafe and my parents are not happy that I want to repeat but I'm really not happy with what I got and I dont really care what they say.

But yeh I know ppl who have gone to tafe and one person I know somehow repeated a few of his courses but not all of them and he managed to get a UAI of 92 the second time around. I'd really like to know what there is we can do about repeating because my parents, school, UAC etc aren't all that helpful.
i've called around to a few places (... because they give you more numbers to call to possibly get rid of you). called the HSC line, talked to a guy there who discussed options etc then told me to call the UAC line. the UAC line told me which subjects were the ones that brought the score down the most, then had me call the careers advisory line who just basically said "that's your last, FINAL FINAL!!1!!! resort". so stfu, careers advisory line.

it'd make life a lot easier if you could do it at a high school.

miraj

mr.47
HSC
If you are going to repeat the HSC again you got to be serious. I did my HSC in 2006 and did very bad getting . I redid it in 2007 and did alright. Repeating the HSC, you do have the advantage of knowing everything you are going to do so you can plan everything out in advance. My parents were not too pleased with me repeating but I persisted and got through. If you are not prepared to study your ass off then I advise you dont repeat. I know it feels demoralising repeating but if you are dteremined go for it, who cares what others say. I dont really think the subjects matter too much, get into band 5 or 6 and you will do well.

2006 HSC: 2U maths:66, Standard Eng:68, Info Tech:60 (category B subject), Info Process Tech:68, Bio:60
HSC:38.5

2007 HSC: 2U maths:81, IT:79, IPT:81, Bio:80, Standard english:73
UAI: 74.15

Last edited:

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Get into the actual uni you like with any course, get straight D's for a semester and then transfer to almost any course there is.

Only wont work if you got something reallllllly low.

cokeface

HSC
I wanna repeat too.. im pretti much in the same position as the person at the top if this page (went selective skool since y7 didnt reach my full potential etc) and i onli got 59 uai but realised how fukn much better i wouldave dun if i had hadnt have got carried away with the drinkups n shit and done more then just the month cramming i did before the HSC.

suxass n i regret it n all, I wanna go back n get 95+ which ikno i am capable of but ....... I wanna ask if anyone knows if..

1stly whether i can enrol at the start of 2008 bak into year 12..

2ndly whether i can do it at another school, reason being i dont think theyll let me bak in for various reasons...

and lastly what happens to the assesments i will have missed which wouldave been completed in term 4 of 2007.

Im asking all this coz skools are now closed and the fukwit advice lines try to redirect me to shit that i dont wanna do im determined to go back n get enough to get into usyd or unsw uni for aerospace engineering of sumsort and ikno hard work will get me there.

anyway cheers.

Rob

krisspy

HSC
i wouldnt recomend repeating yr 12, theres no guarantee that you wont screw up again and fail miserably again thus turning you emo, go to tafe and do stuff thats related to stuff you wanna do at uni that way your learning useful stuff rather than revision for a whole year

Evilo

HSC
tbh if you *honestly* believe *you* can do better, then go for it. You have to be really honest with yourself. Are your parents saying you can do better and not you? then do NOT repeat year 12. Do a trade or work experience or something. Then enter university as a mature age student. I know a student last year who repeated hsc and fuked up for the second time. Wasted a whole year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)