Repeating year 11? (1 Viewer)

j12onuzim

HSC
I'm currently in year 11 and doing horribly to the point where I am considering repeating.
I failed my Maths extension 1 exam and only got 50% in English Advanced and ranked near last for EE1.
The thing is, I had health issues this year and missed out on so much school but back in years 7-10, I was a top student and even the dux back in year 9.
My subjects:
English Ext1
Maths Ext1
Physics
Chem
Jap continuers (accelerated, doing HSC this year)
Should I repeat?
I was thinking of transferring to a selective school if I did.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Re: Repeating year 11

Woah, you still got year 12 left you can easily catch up.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Re: Repeating year 11

Year 11 means nothing. You're already doing an accelerated subject, you'll be fine for HSC.

Makematics

HSC
dont repeat. also think of the consequences. you wont be in the same year as your friends!

Frostbitten

HSC
Just start year 12 properly, i.e. with solid study habits and doing all your homework.

deloving

HSC
You don't necessarily have to do well in year 11. Just reflect on your past mistakes so you don't repeat them in year 12. Relax and enjoy high school while you still can... Even though year 9 doesn't mean much by itself, duxing it indicates you hold a lot of potential. Repeating would do you no good.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Just make sure you're on top of everything in maths before you start Year 12.

Don't repeat Year 11. Especially as you've had health issues, it's not necessarily because you've suddenly dropped off.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Repeating is never the preferable option... The year 11 results/ranks don't count to your atar calculation anyways......

Study notes

HSC
If you missed out a lot of prelim maths, then... do give it a consideration. Since prelim maths will pop up again in the HSC. I don't know how desperate you are but I personally wouldn't repeat.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
If you missed out a lot of prelim maths, then... do give it a consideration. Since prelim maths will pop up again in the HSC. I don't know how desperate you are but I personally wouldn't repeat.
I wouldnt repeat if i was doing bad in prelim maths. Doing bad in maths is due to not understand the concept or you not just studying enough (which i havent done). But trust me you can easily catch up!

Study notes

HSC
I wouldnt repeat if i was doing bad in prelim maths. Doing bad in maths is due to not understand the concept or you not just studying enough (which i havent done). But trust me you can easily catch up!
Well yes but if he missed out on a lot of prelim, having to study the prelim topics aren't gonna be easy. Back to j12onuzim, if you are actually pretty confident with maths and you think you can catch up and able to study the stuff you missed out on, then don't repeat.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
You have missed important skills but thats not too much to worry about as long as you work smart in year 12. HOwever u still have to restudy until ur perfect in mx1 because that is 40% of the stuff of year 12 maths which you wont be taught again.

deloving

HSC
Well yes but if he missed out on a lot of prelim, having to study the prelim topics aren't gonna be easy. Back to j12onuzim, if you are actually pretty confident with maths and you think you can catch up and able to study the stuff you missed out on, then don't repeat.
If you can't keep up with the standard of maths then you are advised to drop down, usually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)