• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Repeating Year 12 (1 Viewer)

sj1990

HSC
Hey -

I left year 12 this year after doing two terms - depression/anxiety which got out of hand ... didn't attend lessons for about a month and was barely passing (usually the top half of school) before I decided to leave ... dropping out completely has never been an option, I was always planning on going back to get my HSC...

Just wondering, has anybody been in a similar situation or knows of someone who has and have coped? I have to decide if I'll repeat year 12 at my old school or at TAFE - opinions on both would be appreciated.

Friend of Ana

HSC
I'm verging on a similar situation. I'm anorexic and currently being threatened with hospitalisation. I can't concentrate in class even though I've spent all high school being almost dux. I'm definitely going to have to repeat maths (at the very least) next year. I think I'll do it through TAFE because I'll feel ashamed having to repeat in front of the whole school.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
I know ppl who've repeated Y12, and they'vce been fine with it. Some hav also done pathways, and hav also been fine with that. Repeating is not the end of the world, and, although it will take longer, u can still get where u want 2 go in the big scheme of things...

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
it's up to you i wouldnt want to put myself through another year of year 12. i am sick of it now let alone doing it all again

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Bad Time To Repeat Now Since English Module Is Changing To 'belonging' Instead Of Journeys...hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)