Report:Contingency theory. Help. (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
For the report, i talked about contingency theory. I talked about how you can use a combination of the behaviour and classical-scientfic theory. But, can you combine both together? Like the hierarchical strcture from the classical scientific theory to allow employees to still have jobs and job opportunities and then allow employees to be more involved in the decision making process? i put a few more points, but i can't remember. Also i put them another different headings when i talked about contingency

Anyways, could you do this??

I read this somewhere:Rather, contingency theory views effective organizations as having structures that both support the unique nature of their production processes (technology) and are customized to complement their environment. But another source is saying something else :(

Last edited:

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
I think contigency theory would be alright, but I think keeping the hierachical structur would be a no-no, since in the stimulus it says "structure based on behavioural theory would be more beneficial than the existing hierarchical structure".

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
orange_blob said:
I think contigency theory would be alright, but I think keeping the hierachical structur would be a no-no, since in the stimulus it says "structure based on behavioural theory would be more beneficial than the existing hierarchical structure".
But is that method ok though? Because im thinking that the business changes the entire organizational structure from classical scientific theory to say the behaviour in changing conditions. Not combine aspects of both =/

I kind of got thrown off a bit by the behavioural theory as well, as i didnt know if you could just about that theory alone lolz.

riot_girl88

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
For the report, i talked about contingency theory. I talked about how you can use a combination of the behaviour and classical-scientfic theory. But, can you combine both together? Like the hierarchical strcture from the classical scientific theory to allow employees to still have jobs and job opportunities and then allow employees to be more involved in the decision making process? i put a few more points, but i can't remember. Also i put them another different headings when i talked about contingency

Yes i did exactly what you did, i said that they should adopt contigency theory and use the advatages of both classical and behavioural to suit the business.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
they probly wouldnt expect u to write that.. seeing as though there was a short answer question on it.. but im sure it couldnt have hurt

Ricky09

HSC
Aslong as you effectively justified your answer it won't matter.

bec^.^

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
But is that method ok though? Because im thinking that the business changes the entire organizational structure from classical scientific theory to say the behaviour in changing conditions. Not combine aspects of both =/

I talked about changing the struture of the business to behavioural completely...I stuffed up the ER bit thou coz i talked about cultural capability and umm...population shifts...But they are they influences...grrness:bomb:

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
I chose behavioural... I was tossing up between contingency and behavioural, but chose behavioural because it was listed in the stimulus as being more beneficial than the current hierarchical, but I did mention that employees may resist because they would fear loss of promotional prospects and DAMMIT I just remembered that I was planning to go back and add at the end "however the benefits greatly outweigh the negatives blah blah" and I went back to MC :( damn MC :( :(
Ah well. Anyway, as long as you didn't write "they should take on the contingency theory, and take the best of both. This way, they can adopt the hierarchical structure, whilst also working in teams in a flatter management structure with less middle management..." :p

HaBibi~

HSC
N/A
BAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! that's EXACTLY what i wrote.

then i crossed it out and wrote about behavoural.

biggie walls

HSC
Why make it so hard for yourself? The question said DESCRIBE an alternative organisational structure, DESRCIBE! no need for analysis/recommendation etc. It's not hard! It said in the stimulus "based on behavioural theory" the choice is made for you there. Just describe the flat-organisational structure!!! Hahahaha trying to be tricky etc. just got your response muddled up into mixture of theories...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)