Reputation of University of New England (1 Viewer)

bundyrd

HSC
I'm thinking of doing a JD at UNE next year. I'm just wondering does it have a good reputation in general, especially in law?

Anybody on here done law at UNE? Recommend it?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
UNE is one of those unis that doesn't even get mentioned when people talk about 'reputation' on these forums. That said, nor does UOW, and I find it has an excellent law curriculum. I'd try and talk to a current student, or if you can, visit the campus yourself and see what you think of it - anything the uni publishes on the internet is bound to be incredibly biased (every other uni is), and the UNE contingent on these forums seems to be mostly unrepresented.

If it helps, I haven't heard anything bad or snide about it, which is a good sign. If it sucked, I'm sure you would have heard about it.

Ginny11

HSC
this is pretty random but i want to do law at UNE but i want to be able to get in through early entry but i dont know what sort of things early entry is based on.....any ideas?????

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
UNE is good if you want to be paralegal. Seriously it will be hard to get into a decent firm from UNE. Stick with UNSW/USYD/UTS/Macq etc.

Yes I used to pay out UTS and Macq, but more and more people seem to be making top tier from there (or maybe I just see it that way).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)