• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Research (1 Viewer)

w i l l s

hey ppl
i knw this is prolly a stupid question but i was wondering how extensive is the extensive research required in EE2? :confused: like in terms of the number of books usually read or something ... just so i can get my head around its extent ... anything would b great .. ta! :D

spark

You would need a fair amount of research, whatever concept you choose to explore - it is a requirement that it is your own independent work. Although research would take up a fair amount of time - I would imagine around the first 2-3months you will be gathering resources and evaluating them, as well as drawing different styles and techniques from analysing texts. As for the number of books - it does vary depending on what you're doing like a short film vs. a critical study of texts will obviously have a difference. But research not only comes from books - but also visuals, sound, online material.. and whatever or anything that contributes to your major work. Reflect on what you research as well and don't just stick stuff there to make youre journal look like a fat piece of tree.

Saul

*ss
HSC
i found research was only realli useful for my reflection statement (i did a short story). the only research i realli did for my major work was just reading other books... it realli depends on whether you're doing something which is more creative or technical.

Jinglebell

HSC
research can take many forms...i'm personally very proud of the fact that i watched 'the simpsons' and called it research for most of year 12:D

you'll obviously have more factual research stuff if you do a critical response, but remember that research also includes researching your chosen form, whatever you choose to do.

Sugarplum

i didnt do heaps of research, but i did enough for what i wanted, prob not as much as i shouldve but u really never know what the markers are looking for, its so damn subjective... i think ill be scared to see what i got..
i printed mine in the wrong font :(

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Since I was doing creative (a poetry collection on dance) my research had a few main focuses.

1. Researching different dance forms
2. Reading other literature (biographies, fiction, poetry) about dance to gain insight into other's perspectives... also watching films and documentaries
3. Reading a wide range of poetry in order to learn about techniques to incorporate in to my own work.

That was the kind of research I undertook for my major work.

Saul

*ss
HSC
i did a childrens story, so my research consisted of watching cartoons, and taking various illegal substances (thank you lewis caroll, giving me an excuse)

w i l l s

hey thx 4 all the responses guys!
... wish i could pass the simpons and (other) cartoons off as reaserch! lol

'taking various illegal substances' - saul

LoL .... every writer needs his/her inspiration! :p lol

KarmaKitten

HSC
I've started my research, I plan to have this somewhat finished by the summer holidays so i can worry about ext hist then.
*fingers crossed*

My teacher also said you dont have to include EVERYTHING that you research. just the important bits and stuff

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Try and put as much research in to yoru journal as possible, it makes it look "beefy" and impressive for the markers (I hope *crosses fingers*)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)