Reservoir Dogs (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
So I finally got around to seeing this supposed classic today and I don't know what hit me. Actually nothing hit me. All that really happened was their job went wrong and they suspect they have a "rat" in their company. Then throughout the movie they cut back to the recruitment of the group which served no real point. To finish off the movie Joe comes in saying Mr. Orange is the rat because of instinct and they have the final shoot-out. Talk about laughable:rolleyes:.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think Reservoir Dogs is brilliant, one of the best films of the 90s. The "point" of the flashbacks is to develop the characters and to gradually piece together what went wrong, as the action intermittently returns to the confusion in the warehouse.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yes, I know what the flashbacks were trying to do but i don't think they did their job. How did did they develop the characters? How did they add to the story? Mr. Blonde's story was the only one that worked well, explaining his actions and the reason for Eddie's trust in him:sleep:.

walrusbear

HSC
you obviously don't enjoy good writing or acting

you can always watch the oc

Lundy

Banned
HSC
SoCal said:
Yes, I know what the flashbacks were trying to do but i don't think they did their job. How did did they develop the characters? How did they add to the story? Mr. Blonde's story was the only one that worked well, explaining his actions and the reason for Eddie's trust in him:sleep:.
*sigh* the whole point of the first scene in the diner was to introduce us to the characters and illustrate the dynamics within the group. Also, some characters were more central to the plot than others, so it makes little sense to create a thorough back story for each of them. It'd be a waste of time.

Maybe the OC is better suited to your tastes.

walrusbear

HSC
not to mention that the dialogue is rather entertaining (in ref to the diner scene)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I don't have a problem with several of the guys' backgrounds being left out, I was saying that the ones that were included didn't add to the movie. My major problem is that the movie appeared to just be stuck and going nowhere. How about I put this a different way. What did you see in the movie that made you like it:)?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
SoCal said:
So I finally got around to seeing this supposed classic today and I don't know what hit me. Actually nothing hit me. All that really happened was their job went wrong and they suspect they have a "rat" in their company. Then throughout the movie they cut back to the recruitment of the group which served no real point. To finish off the movie Joe comes in saying Mr. Orange is the rat because of instinct and they have the final shoot-out. Talk about laughable:rolleyes:.
You watch the O.C. so your opinion doesn't count

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
You can't think of an original comment, so your thoughts don't count:rolleyes:.

nwatts

HSC
SoCal said:
You can't think of an original comment, so your thoughts don't count:rolleyes:.
Comments like that are timeless.

You can't appreciate good writing. Again, get back to the OC.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
the flashback of mr orange (or whichever one was played by tim roth) was brilliant. the scene where he is learning his 'story' and switches between him memorising the story, telling it to the gangsters, and then actually being in the story was one of the greatest pieces of writing and directing i have ever seen

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Solid film, but does anyone else get distracted by Tim Roth's accent? :p

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
hahahahahahahaha he watches the OC

reserviour dogs is a masterpiece you stupid little turd if you cant appreciate a well-made movie (oh wait YOU LIKE THE OC HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) never mind :)

7th Sign

HSC
is reservoir dogs a drug dealing movie or something?

I think I have seen it ages ago...like is that the one where they cruise around in the black car with black suites or something?

Its a pretty good movie if this is the one I am thinking of :D very well made :D unlike the oc

also some other movies I have to give a shout out to are

*Goodfellas
*Meltdown
*Scarface
*All the god father movies too :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
nwatts said:
Comments like that are timeless.

You can't appreciate good writing. Again, get back to the OC.
Haha, if you didn't pick the sarcasm then the joke's on you:lol:!

hiphophooray123 said:
hahahahahahahaha he watches the OC

reserviour dogs is a masterpiece you stupid little turd if you cant appreciate a well-made movie (oh wait YOU LIKE THE OC HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) never mind :)
Loser:sleep:.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
SoCal said:
Maybe rugrats in paris would be more to your liking then.

Seriously, Resevoir Dogs is a damn good movie, the plot, the excitement, the flashbacks

its all good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)