Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Re: The Colleges - Food Glorious Food

i really wanna move into college but i think im gonna skip applying for next year too and maybe just move in for my third year. I forgot to go to the open day :(

could anyone here from wesley college tell me what the rooms are like as that was probably the main thing i wanted to see.

I heard 'o week' is CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY WILD FKN CRAZY for college ppl.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Re: The Colleges - Food Glorious Food

chris said:
could anyone here from wesley college tell me what the rooms are like as that was probably the main thing i wanted to see.
I (obviously) don't go to Wesley but when I visited during my last Open Day and I fell in love with the place - if you like Harry Potter castles then its fantastic. Rooms were small, but the senior rooms might be bigger, they only showed us the fresher rooms.

Everyone I met was really friendly too, the people at Womens were bitches.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Women's College

Hi all,

After the hell that is the HSC, I'll be going to Sydney Uni to study Arts (I can hear the groans and "how original"s, but it's honestly the only course that allows me to do everything I want). I've also applied to the Women's College, but only know one person who goes there, and not very well. I was wondering what people think of the college? For those who go there, what do you like? What do you dislike? What are the stereotypes? Are they true? How hard is it to get in? Any tips for the interview or just getting used to living there (that is if they let me in)?

THANK YOU very much. I really appreciate any replies.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Please? Anyone? I need some information specific to Women's!

Libbster

HSC
are u of the sporting type? sport has a pretty big emphasis at women's.
fresher rooms are tiny little shitboxes.
paul's is next door so you tend to hang out with them/ random sex. mix of private school and country people.

that's about it

Last edited:

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Cool haha... Well I can tell you now, I won't be having sex with any of the Paul's boys hahaha...

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Help Please!

I've just arranged my interview for the Women's College... YAY!

I'm excited but nervous because I REALLY want to get in. Any tips for the interview?

Thanks

Libbster

HSC
Re: Help Please!

talk about all of your sporting achievements. sport = much college love

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

And if you're not sporty? They know this from what I wrote on my application, yet they still asked for an interview. And the student who gave me a tour said it didn't matter that I wasn't sporty, so long as I had other areas of contribution (which I do).

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Well then talk about your other areas of contribution?

Libbster

HSC

dagwoman said:
And the student who gave me a tour said it didn't matter that I wasn't sporty, so long as I had other areas of contribution (which I do).
students who get in without sport are super super super smart (ie 100uai's or there abouts) as it improves the academic image of the college. Usually the other contributions aren't weighted as heavily, but u've still got a chance.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

Without sounding like an ass (which I most likely will anyway :p), I'm very academically focused.

Thanks for the replies so far, but I have the common sense to focus on my strengths in the interview. I was hoping more for more specific tips on things to mention in the interview that I wouldn't automatically consider, that would help me out.

Cheers!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

how can they evaluate how focussed you are academically? well, obviously by looking at your UAI. You don't seem to have a high UAI aim. Also, don't tell them you're a lesbian in your interview. They don't like that

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

I don't have a high UAI aim because I don't need a high one, but statistically (according to my rankings), I should get 98-99. They should also get an idea of my academic progress by looking at my school report, reading my two references and looking at my rankings. And what does being a lesbian have anything to do with it? What idiot would bring their sexuality up in an interview with a stranger? Have I even told you I'm gay?

Last edited:

Libbster

HSC

just remember that even though you aren't sporting, sport is a huge part of college life and you are expected to attend intercol events to support your college. athletics was last wednesday and it was huge. :)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

Of course- I mentioned in my application that although sport isnt my forte, I'm an enthusiastic leader of the cheer!! :)

shes_jinxed

HSC
Re: Women's College

dagwoman said:
Hi all,

After the hell that is the HSC, I'll be going to Sydney Uni to study Arts (I can hear the groans and "how original"s, but it's honestly the only course that allows me to do everything I want). I've also applied to the Women's College, but only know one person who goes there, and not very well. I was wondering what people think of the college? For those who go there, what do you like? What do you dislike? What are the stereotypes? Are they true? How hard is it to get in? Any tips for the interview or just getting used to living there (that is if they let me in)?

THANK YOU very much. I really appreciate any replies.
Hey, i have no idea why im even back on here except that im home from college and bored out of my mind. And no ones really replied so ill do my best. Im just about to finish up my fresher year.

Ok womens, i dont go there but alot of girls from my school do. Its a good college you couldnt go wrong with it, in fact all the colleges are great. Its a nice building, I havent seen any of the rooms tho, but trust me youll get over the fact that they are small and you wont be spending that much time in them anyway if you make the most of what college has to offer. The food is good well at least it was when they hosted us in Oweek and it cant be as bad as ours. They are good at sport but unfortunatly the princesses lost the rosebowl to the shitheads this year, and im pretty sure its academic youd probably need a UAI over 90 to get in. As far as the sterotypes: bitchy private school snobs, who are all hot and want to marry a Pauls boy lol. But honestly there are girls at all the colleges who could easily fit into that description and sure there are probably womens girls who are proud to be exactly that, but its just a sterotype and you shouldnt pay any attention to it at all. The girls i know there are lovely. I guess their college experience is quite a bit different from the coeds and I am really happy that I decieded on coed i could never imagine going to womens after 14 years in an all girls and boarding school. Drinking isnt as crazy there which i guess is a good thing and you wont have to deal with feral boys all the time although they are entertaining.
Basically i guess with all my rambling im trying to say you will love it wherever you pick, you just have to be the sort of person that is happy to get involved and meet everyone. The only ppl i know who dont like college are the ones that dont go to anything parites/sporting events etc. As far as the interview goes this sounds stupid but know your CV well, because i kept forgetting things I had done that would have sounded great not that it mattered i got in, but if its anything like ours its just a relax little chat about why you want to go to the particular college and what you can contribute. And trust me after Oweek there is nothing to get used to its like you have lived there forever. You will love it.
Sorry that was so long, i should be studying hence the procrastination.
hope that helps.
p.s not all pauls boys are bad, you will be spending ALOT of time with them if you go to womens :p

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Re: Women's College

shes_jinxed said:
Hey, i have no idea why im even back on here except that im home from college and bored out of my mind. And no ones really replied so ill do my best. Im just about to finish up my fresher year.

Ok womens, i dont go there but alot of girls from my school do. Its a good college you couldnt go wrong with it, in fact all the colleges are great. Its a nice building, I havent seen any of the rooms tho, but trust me youll get over the fact that they are small and you wont be spending that much time in them anyway if you make the most of what college has to offer. The food is good well at least it was when they hosted us in Oweek and it cant be as bad as ours. They are good at sport but unfortunatly the princesses lost the rosebowl to the shitheads this year, and im pretty sure its academic youd probably need a UAI over 90 to get in. As far as the sterotypes: bitchy private school snobs, who are all hot and want to marry a Pauls boy lol. But honestly there are girls at all the colleges who could easily fit into that description and sure there are probably womens girls who are proud to be exactly that, but its just a sterotype and you shouldnt pay any attention to it at all. The girls i know there are lovely. I guess their college experience is quite a bit different from the coeds and I am really happy that I decieded on coed i could never imagine going to womens after 14 years in an all girls and boarding school. Drinking isnt as crazy there which i guess is a good thing and you wont have to deal with feral boys all the time although they are entertaining.
Basically i guess with all my rambling im trying to say you will love it wherever you pick, you just have to be the sort of person that is happy to get involved and meet everyone. The only ppl i know who dont like college are the ones that dont go to anything parites/sporting events etc. As far as the interview goes this sounds stupid but know your CV well, because i kept forgetting things I had done that would have sounded great not that it mattered i got in, but if its anything like ours its just a relax little chat about why you want to go to the particular college and what you can contribute. And trust me after Oweek there is nothing to get used to its like you have lived there forever. You will love it.
Sorry that was so long, i should be studying hence the procrastination.
hope that helps.
p.s not all pauls boys are bad, you will be spending ALOT of time with them if you go to womens :p
Thank you SO much for that! I really wanted a comprehensive reply, and you gave it to me. All the points you've brought up are really useful, so thank you. I will keep them all in mind! Also, I have nothing against the Pauls boys, I just won't be sexing them. :)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Re: Residential Colleges... I GOT IN!

I Got In!!!! :)

shes_jinxed

HSC
Re: Residential Colleges... I GOT IN!

dagwoman said:
I Got In!!!! :)
Thats awersome congrats!
Have fun in Oweek fresher! I cant believe that my fresher year is almost over :mad1: youll have an awersome time. No one can explain the crazy insane time that is Oweek, I still cant believe that I didnt die at some point lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)