mishyma

HSC
get wireless shhessssssssh. all the cool people are doing it

but wow u realy are stalkin me..

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
By "get wireless", do you mean you've bought your own wireless internet or what?

I'm at college atm. Basically everyone's gone home. I feel like I own the building haha.

mishyma

HSC
Wireless internet is pritty much the only independant connection we can get at college, thats wat ive sussed out so far.... i duno about ur one?

must suck.. atleast u can prance around in next to nothing with the music on full

kloudsurfer

HSC
Hi,
I want to come to Usyd next yr and ive always wanted to live on campus. But Ive heard that they give preference to people who live really far away, mainly country people etc. I live in camden, which is just on the sydney side of the boundary between sydney and the country (out past campbelltown), so I dont count as 'country', but it takes me 1 and a half to 2 hours to get to Usyd!
Is there a chance that id be given a place?

Last edited:

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
Hi,
I want to come to Usyd next yr and ive always wanted to live on campus. But Ive heard that they give preference to people who live really far away, mainly country people etc. I live in camden, which is just on the sydney side of the boundary between sydney and the country (out past campbelltown), so I dont count as 'country', but it takes me 1 and a half to 2 hours to get to Usyd!
Is there a chance that id be given a place?
Don't let this worry you. Apply early though, to give yourself a better chance. My homeis a 5 minute drive away from my college and I got accepted :)

Jack90

HSC
hey

I'm from melbourne, and I rully wanna do the B arts & sciences next year at sydney

So living in college would make sense, and my cousins continually rave on and on about how awesome college is... But I don't play sport (I'd happily go along to games with a giant foam finger, or whatever, to be supportive though).

Also, the cut off for the course I want has been 75 for the last two years, I'm only doing 5 subjects, and not exactly killing my self with study so I'm not expecting a really high ENTER/UAI.

Do I have a chance at getting into a college? Oh, and when is a good time to apply? I figured just after the open day in august after having seen all the colleges and talked to people who live there.. That won't be too late will it?

Sorry about all the questions, and THANKYOU to ANY replies in advance. :)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Yes, you definitely have a chance to get in. BUT there are also other options for living on or very near campus, such as Darlington house. I really wish I had been told this. Have a look at USyd's accommodation website for an idea of everything that's available:

http://www.usyd.edu.au/stuserv/accommodation/

Hope this helps.

Jack90

HSC
*Phew*

Oh darlington house and the terraces look like good possibilities too

Yes it definitely did help!

Ta :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Whats this I hear about St Andrews (or Wesley i dont remember) having to wear academic dress to dinner every night? Is that right or have i got my facts wrong?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Wesley wears academic dress for dinner only on Wednesday nights I thought?

kloudsurfer

HSC
So...you have to go out and buy yourself one of those big black gown thingies just to wear to dinner every wednesday?

-Ewen-

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Whats this I hear about St Andrews (or Wesley i dont remember) having to wear academic dress to dinner every night? Is that right or have i got my facts wrong?
Pauls is the only one that has dinner in academic dress every night. Others do it once a week and for special events.

But then again, Pauls is the only College with a full liquor license, so dont let the dress code change your mind!

Last edited:

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
What does having a full liquor license mean? They still serve wine at Women's.

-Ewen-

HSC
dagwoman said:
What does having a full liquor license mean? They still serve wine at Women's.
It means its the only college with a bar thats allowed to be open every day, making it the 3rd and final full time bar on campus after Manning and Hermans.

The one at drews has a special-events only license, which means its rarely open and as for the wine thing im not sure but I know for a fact that womens has no bar at all.

XOLIZ

HSC
all the colleges have formal dinners and you HAVE to have one of the academic gowns no matter which one you go to
drews has the most, i think, maybe four a week
most of the colleges only do one

-Ewen-

HSC
Does anyone know if Wesley or Drews will have a mid-year take in this year?

What sort of uni marks will those Colleges require?

Toby_18

HSC
Hey man,

I am currently living in Darlington House in 2006 and its pretty sweet. Rent is around 170 a week for quite big rooms and its very close to campus. Its non-catered but you want to learn how to cook anyway hey.. Anyway, condsider it, get in early but dont take my spot, I am looking at staying here next year again..

mishyma

HSC
-Ewen- said:
Does anyone know if Wesley or Drews will have a mid-year take in this year?

What sort of uni marks will those Colleges require?
well drews has some exchange/gap year students leaving after this semester.
i hear the criteria to get in is to ethier get over 97uai or have a relative that went there... or know someone on the college board or sleep with the college board..

weasly im not sure.. if u ring them up and ask its likely you will get a real answer such as.. "we have a long waiting list" or something like it.. but ring up its better to get sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)