Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
Meldrum said:
Come to Weasley, Drews is full of massive massive pricks. LIKE SERIOUSLY.
Oh come of it mate. Like who is a massive prick?

btw, you spelt your college wrong.

Both Wesley and Drews are good colleges. Anyone would have a good time at eiher. Its a decision you should make yourself, not have people come on here and promote their own college biases.

nearly done....

HSC
lol biased opinions are as good as any....

wesley doesn't allow you to go to any other unis though. i mean, sydney's my first choice, but i have applied for coop at uts (sydney doesnt do coops) so there is the smallest chance i could get that...and drews gives the flexibility.

where do you go melbournian? sorry...you've probably made it clear somwhere above and i'm just not clued in.... anyway. thinking about college beats thinking about journeys by about 3 millions miles.

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
nearly done.... said:
lol biased opinions are as good as any....

wesley doesn't allow you to go to any other unis though. i mean, sydney's my first choice, but i have applied for coop at uts (sydney doesnt do coops) so there is the smallest chance i could get that...and drews gives the flexibility.

where do you go melbournian? sorry...you've probably made it clear somwhere above and i'm just not clued in.... anyway. thinking about college beats thinking about journeys by about 3 millions miles.
I'm at Drews.

boomalaka

HSC
Honestly, if you were considering between Drew's and Wesley, I'd definately be heading for Drew's.
And I say that as a Paul's fresher.
You might have just as much fun at either, but at Drew's you'll be getting far more of the whole "college" experience.

nearly done....

HSC
ok, im gonna call wesley tomorrow and cancel interview....then send a grand off in the mail to drews. yay!!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
melbournian said:
Oh come of it mate. Like who is a massive prick?

btw, you spelt your college wrong.

Both Wesley and Drews are good colleges. Anyone would have a good time at eiher. Its a decision you should make yourself, not have people come on here and promote their own college biases.
Wesley = Weasley = Ronald Weasley the sexiest Harry Potter character.

Don't cancel Wesley! Gosh. Drews is soooooooo pretentious!

Bah, you can go get scr-drew'd.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Hahaha, jokes on you.

All the knobby-no-friends at my school have got into 'Drews.
All the sexxy hotsecks kids are going to Wes.

boomalaka

HSC
Meldrum said:
Hahaha, jokes on you.

All the knobby-no-friends at my school have got into 'Drews.
All the sexxy hotsecks kids are going to Wes.
You don't even go to college yet.
And it is almost a universally acknowledged fact that Drew's have the hottest chicks.
Forget Wesley. Half their cricket team couldn't even bat an eyelid on Monday. Choked the Rawson Cup.

nearly done....

HSC
yeah....i dont really care whether drews has hot chicks...as i am a chick and am not lesbian...hot guys are more my style! but yeah meldrum whats with this whole ultra rivalry thing when you dont even go there yet?

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Meldrum said:
Except St Andrews who have very small penises
i could set u straight there molly. there appear to be no distinct phallic discrepancies betweenany of the colleges. oh actually, pauls do tend to hang cashews. but apart from that it's all fairly even.

don't say a WORD, jugs.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
boomalaka said:
And it is almost a universally acknowledged fact that Drew's have the hottest chicks.
Forget Wesley. Half their cricket team couldn't even bat an eyelid on Monday. Choked the Rawson Cup.
yeah. dammit. i was preferring wesley to get the baby over pauls. not only are wesley people nicer as a rule, at least it's closer to drews. :D

we do have hotter chicks. i can say that as a drews chick cos i'm not one of the hot ones. exception that proves the rule. but the guys are nothing to complain about either, Nearly_done, when i bring my friends over they're pleasantly surprised by the calibre (of looks and Guns - we have many boys with very impressive upper-arm cannons here). i'm used to it i suppose.

so you're a pauline fr boomalacka? anyone i might know?

boomalaka

HSC
welshi said:
yeah. dammit. i was preferring wesley to get the baby over pauls. not only are wesley people nicer as a rule, at least it's closer to drews. :D

we do have hotter chicks. i can say that as a drews chick cos i'm not one of the hot ones. exception that proves the rule. but the guys are nothing to complain about either, Nearly_done, when i bring my friends over they're pleasantly surprised by the calibre (of looks and Guns - we have many boys with very impressive upper-arm cannons here). i'm used to it i suppose.

so you're a pauline fr boomalacka? anyone i might know?
Yeah you know me. But just for interest's sake, I think i'll let you stay guessing.

P.S, you're the first Drew's person i've heard say they would rather the Wowsers won than us.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
boomalaka said:
Yeah, I know. But I just like to sound informed :p

shes_jinxed

HSC
I just found out i have an interview at Johns next week - i hope i get in
does anyone here know what sort of questions they will ask, tips please?
my firends at drews said they just had a little talk with the guy, while my Wesley friend said it was very formal - anyone know the deal with the Johns interview

to the person tossing up between Drews and Wesley - im not at college but i am at usyd and have very close friends in both and from an outsiders perspective (and if i had the choice) i would take drews
- yes they are kinda pretentious but seem to have a crazy time, i really dont think you can go wrong its all about what you make it

cya

walrusbear

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
I just found out i have an interview at Johns next week - i hope i get in
does anyone here know what sort of questions they will ask, tips please?
my firends at drews said they just had a little talk with the guy, while my Wesley friend said it was very formal - anyone know the deal with the Johns interview

to the person tossing up between Drews and Wesley - im not at college but i am at usyd and have very close friends in both and from an outsiders perspective (and if i had the choice) i would take drews
- yes they are kinda pretentious but seem to have a crazy time, i really dont think you can go wrong its all about what you make it

cya
yeah i got into johns 2 years ago, but i think the interviewer has changed now

the interview was general from memory. asked why i chose johns, about my academic record and expectation, your extra-curricular interests and activities.

my interview wasn't overly formal, but things may have changed.

shes_jinxed

HSC
so you dont have an interview with the rector?

im worried about the question why did you choose johns?
i cant exactly say because this is the only college that i dont already have friends at lol, guess ill just blab about community etc, i know johns will be great if i get in

grimreaper

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
so you dont have an interview with the rector?

im worried about the question why did you choose johns?
i cant exactly say because this is the only college that i dont already have friends at lol, guess ill just blab about community etc, i know johns will be great if i get in
Never choose to stay in a college because its the only college you dont have friends in...

Last edited:

shes_jinxed

HSC
thats not the reason its just one of the factors i did take into consideration when i was looking at all the colleges, i dont want to have friends in the year above me treating me as their slave, and i dont want to go into college with connections there because ill never move outside my comfort zone and one of the major reasons that im going is to make new friends and have new experiences etc...
if i didnt have friends at drews then sure i would proably apply but i do and thats how it is, Johns looks like an awersome college and definatly my choice

walrusbear

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
thats not the reason its just one of the factors i did take into consideration when i was looking at all the colleges, i dont want to have friends in the year above me treating me as their slave, and i dont want to go into college with connections there because ill never move outside my comfort zone and one of the major reasons that im going is to make new friends and have new experiences etc...
if i didnt have friends at drews then sure i would proably apply but i do and thats how it is, Johns looks like an awersome college and definatly my choice
yeah don't mention your friends
just say why you think it's more appropriate for you than other colleges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)