Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

deptada

wne u say lots of drinking does that mean like every nite>? or like just several times a week

shes_jinxed

HSC
deptada said:
wne u say lots of drinking does that mean like every nite>? or like just several times a week
depends where you go - but im pretty sure they all drink heaps at least from what ive seen

walrusbear

HSC
the beginning of semester usually entails drinking most every night

slows down to a couple of times a week

mathock

HSC
boomalaka said:
We had one fresher this year who in the first Rawson event, cricket in, who scored a century off i thng 60 balls. That set him up for the rest of the entire year.
Additionally, the more sports you're involved in, the more celebrations.
And yes only Rawson sports matter.
yeah, and marty paskal had him out for 3 first time around against us, you guys were 5/12... ok, ill take it on the chin, we lost the rematch, but what a fucked up way to decide the rawson, after the game was postponed like 4 times...

one more thing to add to this thread concerning the cricket and college spirit in general, the few pauls boys that actually rocked up sang about 3 songs for the whole day, all in the last 2 overs when they knew they had won... wesley had pretty much the whole college there, cheering all day and even harder when we knew we had lost... no shame in losing when you have given it your all... just a little observation i made on the day...

deptada

hey not wantin to be rude, but rnt the drews chicks pretty fat if they drink so much?

minnx

HSC
hey everyone

a lil help would be nice... i wanna apply for residential colleges, and i'm an international student. what are my chances? i'm eyeing wesley or andrews... anyone know which college i'll have a better chance? what's the percentage of international students in these colleges anyway? i'm looking for a really australian experience, hence i rather not go to UNSW, as i heard it's FULL of asians (btw, i'm an asian! >.<".....).

my situation now is a lil complicated.... i'm 99% certain that if i get the UAI score to enter usyd, i'm definately going. so is it wise to apply now? i won't be able to do the interview anytime soon... probably only when i get to australia... and that's next year! is the interview really important?

HELP!!!!

thanks!! hehe =P

shes_jinxed

HSC
minnx said:
hey everyone

a lil help would be nice... i wanna apply for residential colleges, and i'm an international student. what are my chances? i'm eyeing wesley or andrews... anyone know which college i'll have a better chance? what's the percentage of international students in these colleges anyway? i'm looking for a really australian experience, hence i rather not go to UNSW, as i heard it's FULL of asians (btw, i'm an asian! >.<".....).

my situation now is a lil complicated.... i'm 99% certain that if i get the UAI score to enter usyd, i'm definately going. so is it wise to apply now? i won't be able to do the interview anytime soon... probably only when i get to australia... and that's next year! is the interview really important?

HELP!!!!

thanks!! hehe =P
Apply right now! to both it doesnt matter if you have your mind made up or not. Im pretty sure that they will figure out something for the interview. Good Luck

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
It is good that the selection criteria is varied for each college. I think I will get into the college of my choice (yes being arrogant) because of my sport, academic studies, and school stuff (CV).

Specifically what do they look for?

minnx

HSC
thanks shes_jinxed!! i hope i'll be able to send in my application by end of this month!

any idea if co-ed or single sex colleges are better?

boomalaka

HSC
minnx said:
thanks shes_jinxed!! i hope i'll be able to send in my application by end of this month!

any idea if co-ed or single sex colleges are better?
Women's College is the better college if you're not concerned about living only with girls.
Otherwise Drew's is your best option.

05er

HSC
Women's college is apparently full of "dykey dykey dkyes"; sexist regimen spouted by WaF. Although most girls I know who went to Women's College have very strict fathers who only want to protect their special little girls.

minnx

HSC
well, coming from a family of 3 girls, i'm not sure if i'm comfortable with living with guys.... and i think living with all girls can get quite b*tchy!! hahah i've been in an all-girls school 8 years of my life....

my parents are really open, but my mother said that the women's colleges are usually better maintained!! is that true of the Women's college in usyd?

boomalaka

HSC
05er said:
Women's college is apparently full of "dykey dykey dkyes"; sexist regimen spouted by WaF. Although most girls I know who went to Women's College have very strict fathers who only want to protect their special little girls.
Whoa, not even close to the mark. Women's is full of the Ascham and Loretto et al lot.
The steroetype would be the opposite end of the spectrum. All the too cool for school rich pretty girls.

boomalaka

HSC
minnx said:
well, coming from a family of 3 girls, i'm not sure if i'm comfortable with living with guys.... and i think living with all girls can get quite b*tchy!! hahah i've been in an all-girls school 8 years of my life....

my parents are really open, but my mother said that the women's colleges are usually better maintained!! is that true of the Women's college in usyd?
Andrew's is one of the most prestigious colleges and is really very good, but not as "clean" as women's. People sometimes say that Women's is like a hospital because it is so sterilised. I like to say that if that's the case then Women's is a private hospital and Sancta is a public hospital.

But anyway, i wouldn't be worried about the level of maintance at any of the colleges...except Johns.

walrusbear

HSC
boomalaka said:
Andrew's is one of the most prestigious colleges and is really very good, but not as "clean" as women's. People sometimes say that Women's is like a hospital because it is so sterilised. I like to say that if that's the case then Women's is a private hospital and Sancta is a public hospital.

But anyway, i wouldn't be worried about the level of maintance at any of the colleges...except Johns.
johns is fine
ignore this person

boomalaka

HSC
walrusbear said:
johns is fine
ignore this person
After the very first night of O-Week each and every person at Paul's hated Johns, but now after a year, I can say that each and every single Johns person i have met is a champ.
It's just so easy to rip into you guys sometimes i can't help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)