Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
At the moment it appears that St Andrew's College will have an unusually small 2006 Fresher (due to many current residents wishing to continue in College).

^ from an email to me
Its not going to be really really small, but smaller than usual. Its just that a lot of people haven't told admin they are leaving yet.

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
Does wesley and drews have really jocky cultures?
I'm really far from being a jock, so was wondering if i'd fit in. I'm really sociable etc and well liked. However, I tend to avoid jocks due to their narrow capacities for interaction.

Also, could I only go for 1 semester to those places? I'm going exchange to the USgay next year 2nd sem.
Wesley more so than Drew's. Rawson Cup is a big part of the college, but that doesn't mean that its sport 24/7.

Oh and Wesley doesn't have many scholarships (in comparison to the other colleges).
Drews has quite a few, but only a very very small few that cover all college fees.
Paul's has shitloads of scholarships.

deptada

will more than 10 people leave who haven't already said that they are leaving?

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
deptada said:
will more than 10 people leave who haven't already said that they are leaving?
Well the list put up last week only had the names of those who valedicted (ie. the 3rd years leaving) + a small number of Soph leaving.

deptada

but like just from word of mouth, does it sound like many more people will go?

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
deptada said:
but like just from word of mouth, does it sound like many more people will go?
wel I don't know how many have put there name in. But from last week, there would ahve been like 20 more.

shitheadforever

HSC
The intake this year is apparently full of spooks (people who don't contribute anything) and they have already accepted their quota of students as few people are leaving. The college is awesome and the people here are brilliant as are the nights out however the prinicpal seems intent on turning the place into what Johns had become. (NOTE HAD..They are getting better. Prob the closest college in terms of attitude and spirit to drews.) Not bringing in the sports people we need to win Rawson (We had half the shore and kings eight apply and all of them were rejected and now will struggle to get a crew together. Most of the Shore soccer team applied and none got in.), and trying to kill the traditions that set Drews apart from the other colleges. (obviously biased opinion).

BTW LaCe have u been offered a place at Drews??

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
deptada said:
so how many people total would you estimate would be leaving !?!?!?!
ok, using my complex regression analysis:
Bo+Bi+E=Yi

shitheadforever

HSC
dunno how many are leaving but it will be a small intake this year. If you haven't been accepted or had an interview by now u won't get in.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shitheadforever said:
dunno how many are leaving but it will be a small intake this year. If you haven't been accepted or had an interview by now u won't get in.
In the email i got from them theres an unusually small freshman intake.

shitheadforever

HSC
Yeah i'd say there will be about 60 in the intake depending on who leaves during the holidays. There are alot of factors at the moment that could change the numbers leaving.

shitheadforever

HSC
By jocks do u mean people who play sports or upthemselves wankas who are in love with themselves??

stazi

Nightman
HSC
mostly the latter. you know the giant steroid pumped muscles. really boring. no sense of humour. typical first grade rugby guys.

shitheadforever

HSC
Nope. The people and atmosphere here is probably the best out of all the colleges. Everyone gets along really well and there are very few conflicts between people. Those who want to study and keep to themselves do, those that want to play sports and party and make the most of the college experience. There are more jocks at pauls than anywhere else.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah im after a party school that still has times when you can study.
but ill only likely hit colleges in 3rd year (2007)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)