Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

Libbster

HSC
generally what's the women's college like? Are the people Sporty, smart, noisy etc???

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Libbster said:
generally what's the women's college like? Are the people Sporty, smart, noisy etc???
they have heaps of lesbian sex

Sanchez__

HSC
Just thought id tell anyone still hoping to get in you can get in this late. I would strongly advise calling the college a few times though to see whats happening. It definately helps to let people know that u are very keen. At least thats what my brother did and he was accepted later than its i seem to remember and he didnt have much going for him but a good UAI.

Selection at wesley at least seems to be based fairly evenly around academic results, sport, culture (music, maybe art etc), distance from uni (if u live a long way away so having a place to stay in syd is necessary), how keen you are to get in.

As to whether people are snobby, jocks or whatever. I have not found this at all. As in there are people you might not like for these reasons but it seemed the same as anywhere else to me. There was a good range of people from all over the place. At Wesley there is a fair spread of people from country, sydney, public and private. That is different at different colleges though.

Sport, drinking, events etc you can be as involved or not involved in as you like but its a lot more fun for everyone in my opinion if everyone gets into things.

raymo69

HSC
when do we start... as in when do we actually need to pack up and move in to college'?... coz i havent been told anything about when i start... all i know is when o-week starts..

shes_jinxed

HSC
raymo69 said:
when do we start... as in when do we actually need to pack up and move in to college'?... coz i havent been told anything about when i start... all i know is when o-week starts..
I assume its the same at all the colleges Im not sure where you are going, My letter says 28th of feb so I guess its the same for all freshers
Ive never been more excited for the holidays to be over, im bored out of my mind
you should get more info soon, hanbooks etc
cya

raymo69

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
I assume its the same at all the colleges Im not sure where you are going, My letter says 28th of feb so I guess its the same for all freshers
St John's..

shes_jinxed

HSC
raymo69 said:
St John's..
hey, me too
yeh somewhere in the letter it says 28th of feb, thats when oweek starts it says they will send all the rest of the info closer to the time

Last edited:

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
yeah mate i'd imagine the tuesday of o week.
the first day is actually good fun. last year when i moved in to drews we had the morning to move our stuff in, then lunch, then some official stuff from admin, bit of history and pdhpe style stuff about behaving ourselves, then we got put into our little groups and taken out for beers and briefings, students' club style. then dinner, then more beers. eventually we all met up with the freshers and leaders from all the other colleges at the hammy. i don't remember much about the first night. i don't know how the choppers do things bu i imagine it's not much different.
but one tip, make sure your bed's made up and the path from your door to your bed is clear of boxes etc once you've set your room up a bit. god knows what condition you'll be in when you get back. :D

raymo69

HSC
are we allocated our rooms once we get there? I haven't even seen inside the rooms or the college properly.. i've only been in the rector's office for my interview...

shes_jinxed

HSC
raymo69 said:
are we allocated our rooms once we get there? I haven't even seen inside the rooms or the college properly.. i've only been in the rector's office for my interview...
yeah same here, i got taken on a tour of the "nice" parts, but didnt see inside the rooms, ive been in drews and wes ones tho, my friend has a big one in drews but its not that nice, my friends at wes is shit and she has to share it with another girl

ive heard johns arent that great and small, i dont really care - plus b/c of boarding im used to it

jrk

HSC
I'm applying to usyd for next year and I'm hoping to live on campus in one of the colleges. It looks like you have to have an interview which isn't very handy seeing I live in Hong Kong (I'm an aussie citizen though). Do I still have to go for the interview?

Whats the application process like for international students to live in the colleges btw?

HSC
I got an offer from st john's today which is fabulous and so last minute. :) I went to the open day, had a tour, said i hadn't put in an application for the few places left, had an interview within 20 mins and sent my application the following day. Phew! And the rooms were on the small side, but i ain't fussed either.

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
at johns you are given your room key and number and someone from the o-week committee will show you the way (upon arrival. they hand out o-week t-shirts too, i think).
you also may need to buy an academic gown... but things may have changed

johns rooms aren't great but i've never had cause to complain

welshi

HSC
walrusbear said:
at johns you are given your room key and number and someone from the o-week committee will show you the way (upon arrival. they hand out o-week t-shirts too, i think).
you also may need to buy an academic gown... but things may have changed

johns rooms aren't great but i've never had cause to complain
yeah same here, but this year i'm ringing when the UTS people moving in and asking them which room i'm in as they'll have phone lists. that way i can start planning my decor. :D

sportsgal, who's your friend at drews?

welshi

HSC
archangel leila said:
I got an offer from st john's today which is fabulous and so last minute. :) I went to the open day, had a tour, said i hadn't put in an application for the few places left, had an interview within 20 mins and sent my application the following day. Phew! And the rooms were on the small side, but i ain't fussed either.
and well done! but start applying that fake tan now, darling. they make you wear togas to uni in the first week of classes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)