Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

shes_jinxed

HSC
jessied said:
Yes I did note Johnsmen. The Jets seem to be a good bunch of girls. As for the tire incident I was just as pissed off as you guys (well not quite but I was pissed)were cos the girls who did that didn't own cars themselves and it didn't effect them in anyway if our car tires got let down while those who have to travel e.g. us cumbo folk are left stranded or on public transport. Anyho, apologies. It wasn't me. Funniest thing was definatly when the Johns pool ended up in the Sancta quad one morning. That was great.
hahaha no need for a apologies at all

Actually got to say i was very impressed that you guys managed to get that pool back to sancta seems like a lot of effort. Johns got owned in that little war, we were told by our rector that we werent aloud to retaliate in anyway for the loss of our goose. But we held a hearing and the guy who gave away the goose and his helper they got sentenced and punished: spray painted red and white, with car paint so it took them hours with turps to get it all off it was hilarious we should have made them walk threw sancta

jessied

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
hahaha no need for a apologies at all

Actually got to say i was very impressed that you guys managed to get that pool back to sancta seems like a lot of effort. Johns got owned in that little war, we were told by our rector that we werent aloud to retaliate in anyway for the loss of our goose. But we held a hearing and the guy who gave away the goose and his helper they got sentenced and punished: spray painted red and white, with car paint so it took them hours with turps to get it all off it was hilarious we should have made them walk threw sancta
I didn't even realise the goose was back until a couple of weeks ago. Unsure of its whereabouts at the moment, I guess the less people that know the more likely it is to stay at sancta. Those guys definatly deserved to be punished and they should of walked through the sancta quad... They would have been serinated for sure... The aldusterous will be back at sancta next year....

Quintin

HSC
SpHan said:
I just had another thought- do most ppl go into college knowing nobody? (As is my case lol)
To be honest its actually probably a good thing knowing no one because the whole purpose of O-Week is to meet new people, and get hopelessly drunk... go figure...

JimJam...1

HSC
i'm coming to john's next year!!
she's jinxed you better take care of me! haha
is it true you need permission to have a fridge in your room? and whats the go with the handbook saying no-one can stay over???? should i quickly disregard that? haha

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
JimJam...1 said:
is it true you need permission to have a fridge in your room? and whats the go with the handbook saying no-one can stay over???? should i quickly disregard that? haha
I stayed at John's overnight last year with a friend. You should be fine having people stay over.

I_F

shes_jinxed

HSC
JimJam...1 said:
Yay congrats youre going to have an amazing time.

pretty much disregard everything in the handbook. I remember when I got it last year and was like...I did not leave one boarding school for another.
The "rules" are "enforced" by the Residential Assitants or "RAs" but they are all seniors and the majority of them picked this year are really nice. Last year we had a few stooges but its no biggy. If you get caught doing something they usually just tell you to keep it down etc.
The handbook practically says we arent allowed to drink in the college, and I can say theres hardly a day that doesnt go on in Johns. I dont know anyone that asked for permission for a fridge, and yeah you can have ppl stay over you dont have to ask for premission etc my bf stayed at johns more than he did his only college this year, they dont know who stays and i dont think they care. Its just when ppl bring spongers over you stay in the college 24/7 etc and eat meals that they get cranky.

Im jealous you get Oweek youll have an awersome time, hope youre not in love with you hair tho lol.

mishyma

HSC
Just wondering .. im applying late.. what are my chances?

and when they mean referees i can be anyone? like work boss and a friend?
i only just got an offer from sydney uni which i didnt think i had a chance in hell of getting ...

plz help!

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Just wondering .. im applying late.. what are my chances?
Ring up the various colleges and see. I think Wesley only has 6 places left, for example, though others may have more vacancies. Your best chance is probably to ring up and check.

and when they mean referees i can be anyone? like work boss and a friend?
You can't have friends. Bosses are good. Others you could have are teachers, community leaders, etc., but as a general rule no friends or family are allowed.

I_F

mishyma

HSC
That was quick! thanks alot, i was thinking of applying to Sancta and Womens ..
From what i read sancta look like a pritty mad bunch, i duno about womens? is it like a bitchy all girls private school?

shes_jinxed

HSC
mishyma said:
That was quick! thanks alot, i was thinking of applying to Sancta and Womens ..
From what i read sancta look like a pritty mad bunch, i duno about womens? is it like a bitchy all girls private school?
Yeah i would ring up and check, sancta would probably have places not sure about womens tho the competition to get in is pretty hard. Johns might to if you call and check but we have a small intake this year.

About womens, sure there are lots of girls from "bitchy all girls private schools" but i doubt its like that, its a massive college so they are heaps of different types of ppl to meet, not just the stereotype. Its a great college academically and in sport. Personally after my whole life in all girls private school and boarding the last thing i wanted was to go so an all girls college, that being said if i had to choose between the two i would take womens in a second, but thats just my opinion youll have fun where ever you go.
Good luck

mishyma

HSC
ive applied to sancta, nice lady on the phone :p. if ur at st johns ur next door to sancta?

Bob.

HSC
man i wish i got into wesley. damn colleges being so picky is gonna make finding somewhere to stay down in the city so much harder.

shes_jinxed

HSC
mishyma said:
ive applied to sancta, nice lady on the phone :p. if ur at st johns ur next door to sancta?
yeah we are next door. Best of luck getting in if you make it word of warning stay away from the feral feral johnsmen hahah no i joke

walrusbear

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
Yay congrats youre going to have an amazing time.

pretty much disregard everything in the handbook. I remember when I got it last year and was like...I did not leave one boarding school for another.
The "rules" are "enforced" by the Residential Assitants or "RAs" but they are all seniors and the majority of them picked this year are really nice. Last year we had a few stooges but its no biggy. If you get caught doing something they usually just tell you to keep it down etc.
The handbook practically says we arent allowed to drink in the college, and I can say theres hardly a day that doesnt go on in Johns. I dont know anyone that asked for permission for a fridge, and yeah you can have ppl stay over you dont have to ask for premission etc my bf stayed at johns more than he did his only college this year, they dont know who stays and i dont think they care. Its just when ppl bring spongers over you stay in the college 24/7 etc and eat meals that they get cranky.

Im jealous you get Oweek youll have an awersome time, hope youre not in love with you hair tho lol.
who were the RA stooges of 2006?! ;)

shes_jinxed

HSC
walrusbear said:
who were the RA stooges of 2006?! ;)
hahah you know ive never figured out who you are, but i remember before i was a silly fresher you told me about johns and disproved all those evil shithead rumours my friends at drews had told me lol so thanks.
My friend got into to drews this year, and the shitheads are still pushing that whole "the coed thing didnt work out at johns the girls get treated badly" thing on their tours :rolleyes: which i think is rude lol

Im guessing youre an RA but i can honeslty say i didnt have any trouble with them mine was awersome but there was a girl my friends had a few run ins with, guess its their job.

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
hahah you know ive never figured out who you are, but i remember before i was a silly fresher you told me about johns and disproved all those evil shithead rumours my friends at drews had told me lol so thanks.
My friend got into to drews this year, and the shitheads are still pushing that whole "the coed thing didnt work out at johns the girls get treated badly" thing on their tours :rolleyes: which i think is rude lol

Im guessing youre an RA but i can honeslty say i didnt have any trouble with them mine was awersome but there was a girl my friends had a few run ins with, guess its their job.
lol
no i wasn't an RA
i doubt you ever saw me, i was the biggest myth senior ever

Bob.

HSC
hey does anyone know if johns has any vacancies left? I only just got the letter today that welsey are passing my application onto them. reckon there is any chance of getting in there? or dont they really wanna take the dregs from other colleges?

shes_jinxed

HSC
Bob. said:
hey does anyone know if johns has any vacancies left? I only just got the letter today that welsey are passing my application onto them. reckon there is any chance of getting in there? or dont they really wanna take the dregs from other colleges?
Haha youre not the dregs from another college, trust me if you get into Johns you will wonder why you ever applied anywhere else. Its the same with everyone only nuffies/spooks/phantoms whatever you want to call them sit in their own college thinking longingly that if they got in somewhere else then maybe they would have friends there lol. Sorry ignore me im grumpy.

But yes call them do a little promo for yourself, say hi Wesley is passing through my application im interested yadda yadda do you have any vacancies?
I honestly have no idea if we do or dont all i know is that my year in 06 was big (almost half the college were fresh) and most of us are staying, so they dont have as much space as last year but quite a few sophs left so call right about now.

But its worth a try right? Lots of my friends applied too late for other colleges and got into Johns so they really dont care if its your second preference, my friend got in Feburary of our fresher year. Plus you are not from Sydney so that would probably help to, the rector is a really nice guy so if hes got a place youll probably get it.

best of luck :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)