Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

Bob.

HSC
thanks for that. I wasnt saying that I'd regret going to johns and wanna be at other colleges with the dregs remark, jsut that johns might be abit aprehensive on putting me high on their list if i didnt put them high on mine. i'll try and call the office asap.

shes_jinxed

HSC
Bob. said:
johns has filled all its spots and actually has a waiting list of 40 people. damn
wow. Dude that sucks im sorry

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
there's prob like 20 freshers because the sophomore year will be huge

walrusbear

HSC
i was joking with 20
35 is an incredibly small year
no wonder johns filled up for once

jessied

HSC
Sancta usually contains all the dregs/rejects from all the other colleges cos no-one wants to originally go there but they seem to have an awesome time when they get there. Any college is better than no college. Rumours from the admin office in October were that we already had 30 freshers for 07 and that was before anything "really" happened. Our fresher year this year will probably be fairly small too cos most of the 60odd freshers from 06 are staying on as sophs.. WOO go sancta.

I'm having major college/social withdrawals at the moment and all this talk of o-week in a few weeks is making me depressed. WHY, WHY do usyd start so friging late.

sarah89

HSC
yaya im a st johns fresher im that psyched
i honestly cant wait to get out of this town and move
did anyone share a room at all??? how do they allocate roommates??
would love to hear about others experiences...

shes_jinxed

HSC
sarah89 said:
yaya im a st johns fresher im that psyched
i honestly cant wait to get out of this town and move
did anyone share a room at all??? how do they allocate roommates??
would love to hear about others experiences...
hey hey congrats,
I didnt share a room, but i lived on Fresher corridor which is where all the shared rooms are. Its top floor of the middle main part of the building so thats where you will be living, stairs suck lol but awersome views if you are on the city side. I think allocations are done randomly unless you are moving with someone you already know like two best friends last year, or like a twin. If there is a major problem with the person you live with i think its possible to try and get changed but im pretty sure they try to match you up with someone they think youll like eg. same age etc.
Fresher corridor needs to lift its rep, but i had the best neighbours ever so if ur up there youll def meet them because theyll staying, they share a room hahah im sure youll figure out the crazy boys im talking about. My friend was speaking to the RA whos got that floor next year and he said he wants to make it the party place lol, but i doubt itll happen its generally pretty good sound wise and lots of the seppos (americans) who study here for a semester live on fresh and they are lots of fun.

Hey random question, you obviously have your offer now. Did you get some nazi thing you had to sign about the use of alcohol? Or maybe it was just us, because we were really naughty last year lol? We got in trouble alot for drinking in tea stations and corridors a few ppl got suspended etc. But I doubt it will stop the fresh

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
hmm i have a spot this year at sydney uni village if that counts as a college, hm not really, but its still on-campus accomodation. awesome. Anyone else from bos live there? and want to give me any info on what i can expect?

I am getting a studio apartment.

mishyma

HSC
jessied said:
Sancta usually contains all the dregs/rejects from all the other colleges cos no-one wants to originally go there but they seem to have an awesome time when they get there. Any college is better than no college. Rumours from the admin office in October were that we already had 30 freshers for 07 and that was before anything "really" happened. Our fresher year this year will probably be fairly small too cos most of the 60odd freshers from 06 are staying on as sophs.. WOO go sancta.

I'm having major college/social withdrawals at the moment and all this talk of o-week in a few weeks is making me depressed. WHY, WHY do usyd start so friging late.
Hmm well i rung up and got an interview in the 23rd for sancta, there basicly the only ones that have space left, i dont mind as long as there not making me go to church or have strict rules or anything

Btw when u mean dregs regects, is it mostly the people that applied late or people with crappy uai's that got into sydney? lol coz when ever they ask for mine im like .. errr

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
What is considered a good UAI by the USyd Colleges?

shes_jinxed

HSC
I dont know what a good UAI is most ppl i know are over 90+
but that being said everyone is picked on different things eg. where you are from, what you can offer. But generally i think 90+

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Okay, cool. I got mid 90s but I was just paranoid everyone there would have UAIs of like 98+.

shes_jinxed

HSC
dagwoman said:
Okay, cool. I got mid 90s but I was just paranoid everyone there would have UAIs of like 98+.
lol youll be fine, plus its uni only nerds run arround going look what i got for my UAI. Itll come up like once

Libbster

HSC
dagwoman i thought u had an estimate of 99 or something :confused:

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
No, our school doesn't give estimates.

I got my handbook and a bunch of other stuff today! Feeling really excited but a little nervous...

shes_jinxed

HSC
dagwoman said:
No, our school doesn't give estimates.

I got my handbook and a bunch of other stuff today! Feeling really excited but a little nervous...
Im so bored March can not come fast enough anything to get back to college and out of this house even if it does include having to go to uni..which i fully intend on attending this year.
And i might be working at usyd Oweek so i might get to move back early woo so pumped, see all the new fresh fresh hahah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)