Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Be confident. Even if you're nervous, pretend to be at ease. Eye contact. Be yourself. Focus on your good qualities. GOOD LUCK!

Libbster

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
the rooms are small

the food isn't that good either
qft

they can't even cook rice, u get a half gluggy/half uncooked mixture that tastes like clag glue.
learn to live off toast.

Last edited:

shes_jinxed

HSC
all college food is crap esp if your a girl i swear the boys will eat anything
thats why the gods invented sleven, five star and istanbul kebabs lol

soo jae

HSC
i got accepted in the international house.
is it any good to stay there? or shall i just apply for sydney uni villiage?
give me some advice thanks.

mishyma

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
ill eat anything if im hungry enough/poor enough

Libbster

HSC
oh and don't drink the orange flavoured juice (aka reconstituted sugar) as they found a cockroach floating in it, and also the same thing with the coffee machine, a cockroach fell out into someone's cup. :rolleyes: mmm tasty

mishyma

HSC
That happened at sancta?
well i think i got accepted.. i got at call at like freaking 8.30 from them asking me if i got my acceptance thingy.. i was like erugh?

jessied

HSC
mishyma said:
That happened at sancta?
well i think i got accepted.. i got at call at like freaking 8.30 from them asking me if i got my acceptance thingy.. i was like erugh?

The food isn't that bad. Well it is but you learn to live with it. Be prepared to put on about 5kg's in the first semester if you don't "watch what you eat" cos the food there contains ALOT of extra fat and salt. What else about Sancta, they put all the freshers in Octa where it's small and smells like the gerry ward at a hospital.

mishyma

HSC
Yah got a tour, smelt like old lady house.

watch what i eat aye.. ya i will thanks for the advice. theres also the false idea that if what u eat isnt junk food its good lol .

Btw if anyone knows im paying $200 for something? orientation week... is that just to stay during it or what?
all the fees are a bit confusing.

Last edited:

jessied

HSC
mishyma said:
Btw if anyone knows im paying $200 for something? orientation week... is that just to stay during it or what?

You pay alot of money for alot of nothing at Sancta. But the $200 you pay for o-week goes to accommodation and all the extra stuff you do in o-week like drinking. All the College's have different events/piss-ups during o-week, Sancta usually have champange in the quad, John's have a pool party so do Drew's I think, and there's a cruise and stuff like that so that $200 goes into paying for all those things.

You might end up being my neighbour, I don't have any at the moment.

shes_jinxed

HSC
mishyma said:
Yah got a tour, smelt like old lady house.

watch what i eat aye.. ya i will thanks for the advice. theres also the false idea that if what u eat isnt junk food its good lol .

You pay $200 for the best week of your uni life!
Oweek is awesome im jealous but hopefully ill be back living at johns which will be awersome
Def go to the Johns pool party it was the best party of the week. Except for the cruises they are heaps of fun also.

mishyma

HSC
jessied said:
You pay alot of money for alot of nothing at Sancta. But the $200 you pay for o-week goes to accommodation and all the extra stuff you do in o-week like drinking. All the College's have different events/piss-ups during o-week, Sancta usually have champange in the quad, John's have a pool party so do Drew's I think, and there's a cruise and stuff like that so that $200 goes into paying for all those things.

You might end up being my neighbour, I don't have any at the moment.
neighbour! lol cool, yeah the secretary said they were gona knock out some walls and make them into double rooms n stuff, so i should be interesting.

jessied

HSC
mishyma said:
neighbour! lol cool, yeah the secretary said they were gona knock out some walls and make them into double rooms n stuff, so i should be interesting.
Oh more double rooms hey. Thought they'd keep more single rooms cos they get more money off them. 5 weeks to go........... I'm suffering..........

Quintin

HSC
mishyma said:
O-week is the best week you will have at college, unless you get a lot of aptly named VDs in one week later on (hmmm i think you can wait and see what they are).

The money goes towards alcohol, lots of alcohol, cruses, food... And also, for you sancta girls, it go towards the beloved hats which all the other colleges try to steal while you roll around on your backs like dead cockroaches ;-) (i will let you discover that for yourself, it is very funny... just some advice, dont wear a skirt while rolling; not a good look)

shes_jinxed said:
i resent that. :p

shes_jinxed

HSC
Quintin said:
O-week is the best week you will have at college, unless you get a lot of aptly named VDs in one week later on (hmmm i think you can wait and see what they are).

The money goes towards alcohol, lots of alcohol, cruses, food... And also, for you sancta girls, it go towards the beloved hats which all the other colleges try to steal while you roll around on your backs like dead cockroaches ;-) (i will let you discover that for yourself, it is very funny... just some advice, dont wear a skirt while rolling; not a good look)

i resent that. :p
hahaha u know its true.

Sancta girls had hats? No way i didnt know that.
I got a pauls hat and then some guy talked me into giving it back because the guy I stole it from was going to get in trouble lol i cant believe i listened to it.
I also stole a Drews fresher headband and again my soph friend talked me into giving it back because the poor little fresher would get punished haha, dont know what id want and ungly blue headband saying drews for anyway:p - so this year i plan to smash a brick hahah because i know one of the fresh going there lol

jessied

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
Sancta girls had hats? No way i didnt know that.
Yeah, we had cowboy/girl hats. Got them one night at the Grose and the Drew's freshers had to try and steal them off us. One of my friends got a shirt from ever College.

As for the cockroach rolling, we did that in the middle of Martin Place as well as other random places.

Also, learn how to serenade people PROPERLY and skull goon from the bag while lying on your back.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Taking into consideration all the stuff happening during O-Week in the general uni and not just college, how many college events are we expected to go to? Obviously I want to do a lot of it, but I don't want to burn out. Also, what's the cruise like? It all feels a little daunting...

shes_jinxed

HSC
dagwoman said:
Taking into consideration all the stuff happening during O-Week in the general uni and not just college, how many college events are we expected to go to? Obviously I want to do a lot of it, but I don't want to burn out. Also, what's the cruise like? It all feels a little daunting...
Youre not expected to go to any, but I highly recommend you go to all if not the majority. Everyones very open in oweek you want to get to know as many people as possible so that you have a bunch of ppl youre happy to just go chill with when all the organised events kinda die down and friendship groups form. i met my two closest friends at the end of oweek. Also you want to meet people at other colleges its always nice to have some buddies at other colleges in case you want to bail out of yours for a bit.

The oweek leaders will take you to sydney uni oweek stalls all together so you can go sign up for stuff and each of the colleges attend the opening speech in the great hall which is hot and boring but exciting the first time you hear it because you start to feel like a real uni student. Otherwise id say sydney uni oweek is pretty much a write off and ive been to one just as a uni student and the one of my oweek. The only other thing your really have to do is get a student card, which you can do in the mornings because nothing happens in college because most ppl are dead till the arvo, but I barely slept a minute all oweek i guess i was just scared id miss something lol. So I did all uni related things in the morning hungover lol and then went back to college at lunch when everything started to get going.

Dont worry about burning out, i mean you will its kinda part of the fun of oweek you have never had so much fun/been so tired/ so scared in your life. But its all good just remember you only get it once, i know we all seem to go on about it like its a huge deal but it really is, yes daunting but you will love it just chill and go with the flow. And you can sleep all sunday lol before uni so you dont have to worry about being tired for uni the next week plus first week of uni is such a bludge they just tell you what youll be covering blah blah obviously go to it because youre a first year, but i didnt go to much of my first week last year but thats because i knew how everything worked. And also remember youre doing arts right? and youre in womens? so theyll be lots of ppl from your college in your lectures.

The crusie is lots of fun, i think you have yours with pauls its dress up i cant remember what the theme was probably something stupid so the girls look hot of course picked by the boys :rolleyes:. But its a good night def DONT miss it and you can crush a few paulines egos while youre at it haha (my bf goes there so I can be mean to them lol).
I know it all feels daunting but remember right now when youre imagining what oweeks going to be like you see yourself alone but after the first couple of nights youll have at least one friend probably a neighbour who will be going through it all with you so you wont be alone everyones nervous so you tend to find a mate to cling to for the week.

Its going to be lots of fun and an awesome oppourtunity - when in your life have you had a week designed for fun and meeting so many new people.
hope that makes you feel a little less stressed
if you have anymore questions just ask im really bored

Oh and one more thing to add to this epic response (clearly i have too much time on my hands) Youre going to womens, which is very different from say Johns. Less with the drinking and wild partying because your not influence by crazy country boys. You guys still have fun and a good time I just think its less hardcore you dont look like death and arent made to skull goon at 10 in the morning and eat suspect things lol. So theres a big difference.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)