resources for hast exam (1 Viewer)

skzzks

HSC
can you give us an example of the questions? im so lost on what to study and where to find stuff also how long should u study for to do well thanks
for hast or for edutest? the links i provided have some examples as well as what other people on bos have posted that’s how i found most of mine

personally i studied from about january-the test but that being said i did so in both year 9&10 (year 9 it was sort of pointless due to lockdown but helped significantly for year 10) in year 7 & 8 i hardly studied for hast and well the results weren’t horrible but not good enough lol but id recommend starting asap but make sure to keep on top of school asw (reports can be important for certain schools)

happy to answer anymore questions as ik how hard it is but it will pay off in the end!!

sw2090

HSC
in ur previous post u said that its nothing like you would learn in school? what does that mean? i mainly concerned abt math tbh . thanks

skzzks

HSC
in ur previous post u said that its nothing like you would learn in school? what does that mean? i mainly concerned abt math tbh . thanks
this was mostly referring to hast from what i can remember it was more about your ability like the test i did in y7 was completely different to y8 even tho it was the same age i would say its somewhat similar to amc combined with icas science. from what i can remember there were a couple of questions where you had to interpret data, some amc style questions. the hast website has a new version of the sample question booklet (i’m not sure how useful this will be as the old one was not that great) but it should be sufficient to help you understand what kind of questions they ask. if you’re lucky someone here might be selling a copy but if not https://shop.acer.org/higher-abilit...6L*MTcwNTk3NzA1MC4xLjAuMTcwNTk3NzA1MC4wLjAuMA..

you can probably find the old one online for free tho, i would send it to you but i got it for free hard copy in like y7 and i lost it lol

edutest had 2 maths tests, numerical reasoning and mathematics. numerical reasoning was mostly patterns such as fibonacci sequence and was more about how fast you were at recognising them. the mathematics part was what i would say was the most similar to school maths, however it was a bit ahead (they included year 10 optional topics which are normally taught in term 4) so i would say it’s essentially what you would learn in your grade but ahead and also time is an issue in this asw as you have lots of questions in a small amount of time.

sw2090

HSC
alright thanks, i think im gonna do hast not edutest tho

sw2090

HSC
also do u know how many kids do the test? and it says u need acadmics awards i dont know what that means?

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
also do u know how many kids do the test? and it says u need acadmics awards i dont know what that means?
I counted around about 60 people when I went for my exam, but it was for a school that's highly competitive to get in. Also, academic awards just refer to any certificate that shows academic excellence or you have done well in a subject. For example, my school gives out awards to people who come 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)