Results and Predictions (Semester 2 2008) (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
farrkk, credits in both chems. i must have fucked up that 2403 exam real bad.

how did you do jb_nc? you may have beat me!

edit: pretty damn happy with 65 for chem2402. that's sad. lolz

so:
chem: credit
engl: credit
phil: distinction

not a bad haul

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
farrkk, credits in both chems. i must have fucked up that 2403 exam real bad.

how did you do jb_nc? you may have beat me!

edit: pretty damn happy with 65 for chem2402. that's sad. lolz

so:
engl: credit
phil: distinction

not a bad haul
I got 64! Noooooooooooooooo!

Congrats though.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
CHEM 2912 Chemical Structure and Stability (Adv) 71.0 Credit

This sucks...:mad: I thought I did much better this time than last semester as there was less organic chem, stuff was more interesting and I worked a lot harder. Looks like I'll have to reconsider whether I should major in Chem or not.:(

Does anyone know the mark distribution of CHEM2912?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
result not yet available. fuckers. official results notices are sent out next week right?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Result not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet availableResult not yet

:(

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
stazi said:
result not yet available. fuckers. official results notices are sent out next week right?
Wednesday 17 December

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, after a week of running around I have news to report back from my exam reviews:

PHAR3602 Dispensing

- Marks are unscaled, as has been with previous years. Coordinator said everyone did well, so everyone deserved a good mark, i.e. their raw mark
- I did not manage to ensnare that second HD. I was really scared because I could almost have gotten zero for quite a few hefty markers, but luckily I had the course coordinator who was nice and could see where I was coming from, so yeah. Fairly hard marking though, I guess that was necessary in order to distinguish btw ppl as it was a very easy exam
- Average was 83, which is my mark. So I'm a bit hmph about it but at least it's a good mark on my transcript after last semester's disaster and I obviously won't be conveniently mentioning to any future employers that this is an unscaled mark.
- Top mark was 98, shared by 3 ppl
- I will kick myself--keratolytic is an agent to remove skin, not to remove "keratinous tissues such as nails and hair" because when would you need to remove nails and hair? Emollient is a soothing and softening agent.
- I now understand the meaning of solubility--yep, I thought something with a solubility of 1 in 1500 was practically insoluble...no it's not if you dissolve it in enough solvent. That's my 10 marks gone. At least I wasn't the girl who answered all of the question correctly...except forgot that it's an external preparation and therefore needs to be put in a poisons bottle not a dispensing flat, realised it at the last minute and was about to change it...when time was called. So, she lost 10 marks just like that.

PHAR3615 pharm prac--I got a comprehensive breakdown of my marks. Discovered I passed OSCE (which is what caused me to fail last sem) by a hair and I'm so grateful for it.

Patient interview (OSCE)--9/16 <--talk about close!
Doctor interview (OSCE)--10/16
Written (OSCE)--50/100 <--talk about close!
Overall raw mark (OSCE)--53%
Average raw mark for my particular OSCE case study--63% so yeah I'm right on the end...
Scaled OSCE mark--60.5% (it was a slightly harder case)
OSCE as part of overall mark--21/35
MCQ--26/35
Tutes--16/20 which included attendance (10/10) plus participation which was scaled down as my tutors were lenient
Externship--10/10, everyone would've gotten this
Overall raw mark--73
Overall scaled mark and what appears on my transcript--70
Average overall scaled mark--69, so yep, I passed the average by a hair

Yep, as you can see, a lot of scaling got done--between OSCE case studies, between tutes, and overall combined raw marks. The top scaled mark was 87. 7 people failed, and that was because they outright failed either MCQ or OSCE. I know of 2 of them already, both due to MCQ. The coordinators were really kind--they realised that a lot of people were facing borderline fails, so anything they could add, to push them over the line, was done (they stated this themselves) and I really believe them because I was expecting a much higher failure rate.

I will never forget now that if anyone has a family history or personal risk or documented diagnosis of cardiovascular disease, AND migraine (particularly with aura), AND they're on the combined oral contraceptive pill, they should be taken off the pill and put on either the mini pill or progestogen implant.

Now all I have to do is wait till Feb for my non standard enrolment to be approved, hopefully they will, but thank goodness transport concessions are valid till end of March.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
Well, after a week of running around I have news to report back from my exam reviews:

PHAR3602 Dispensing

- Marks are unscaled, as has been with previous years. Coordinator said everyone did well, so everyone deserved a good mark, i.e. their raw mark
- I did not manage to ensnare that second HD. I was really scared because I could almost have gotten zero for quite a few hefty markers, but luckily I had the course coordinator who was nice and could see where I was coming from, so yeah. Fairly hard marking though, I guess that was necessary in order to distinguish btw ppl as it was a very easy exam
- Average was 83, which is my mark. So I'm a bit hmph about it but at least it's a good mark on my transcript after last semester's disaster and I obviously won't be conveniently mentioning to any future employers that this is an unscaled mark.
- Top mark was 98, shared by 3 ppl
- I will kick myself--keratolytic is an agent to remove skin, not to remove "keratinous tissues such as nails and hair" because when would you need to remove nails and hair? Emollient is a soothing and softening agent.
- I now understand the meaning of solubility--yep, I thought something with a solubility of 1 in 1500 was practically insoluble...no it's not if you dissolve it in enough solvent. That's my 10 marks gone. At least I wasn't the girl who answered all of the question correctly...except forgot that it's an external preparation and therefore needs to be put in a poisons bottle not a dispensing flat, realised it at the last minute and was about to change it...when time was called. So, she lost 10 marks just like that.

PHAR3615 pharm prac--I got a comprehensive breakdown of my marks. Discovered I passed OSCE (which is what caused me to fail last sem) by a hair and I'm so grateful for it.

Patient interview (OSCE)--9/16 <--talk about close!
Doctor interview (OSCE)--10/16
Written (OSCE)--50/100 <--talk about close!
Overall raw mark (OSCE)--53%
Average raw mark for my particular OSCE case study--63% so yeah I'm right on the end...
Scaled OSCE mark--60.5% (it was a slightly harder case)
OSCE as part of overall mark--21/35
MCQ--26/35
Tutes--16/20 which included attendance (10/10) plus participation which was scaled down as my tutors were lenient
Externship--10/10, everyone would've gotten this
Overall raw mark--73
Overall scaled mark and what appears on my transcript--70
Average overall scaled mark--69, so yep, I passed the average by a hair

Yep, as you can see, a lot of scaling got done--between OSCE case studies, between tutes, and overall combined raw marks. The top scaled mark was 87. 7 people failed, and that was because they outright failed either MCQ or OSCE. I know of 2 of them already, both due to MCQ. The coordinators were really kind--they realised that a lot of people were facing borderline fails, so anything they could add, to push them over the line, was done (they stated this themselves) and I really believe them because I was expecting a much higher failure rate.

I will never forget now that if anyone has a family history or personal risk or documented diagnosis of cardiovascular disease, AND migraine (particularly with aura), AND they're on the combined oral contraceptive pill, they should be taken off the pill and put on either the mini pill or progestogen implant.

Now all I have to do is wait till Feb for my non standard enrolment to be approved, hopefully they will, but thank goodness transport concessions are valid till end of March.
look its time to break it to you: no one has ever read a post of yours over 2 lines

hope this helps

bye

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^meh, if you did attempt to read it, gotcha. And if you didn't, well I feel quite in the verbose mood anyway. Any bored 2nd year pharm student who happens to be on here, make of it what you will. Oh and I'm so sorry it's now three lines--you're not going to be reading this anyway. kthnxbai

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Result not yet available

Discovered the delay. Unit Coordinator had a baby in the last week of semester and disappeared on maternity leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)