Results Discussion (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Re: Marks Are Out

d cr p, great have to repeat acst200 next year, quite close as well to getting that cr

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC

pLuvia said:
d cr p, great have to repeat acst200 next year, quite close as well to getting that cr
Nice (besides 200), what was the D in?

Lots of people screwed 200, don't worry too much.

P

pLuvia

Boxxxhead said:
Nice (besides 200), what was the D in?

Lots of people screwed 200, don't worry too much.
accg253 lol, just scraped a cr in 272, 62 for acst200. I screwed up paper 1 that's probably why I didn't get the cr for 200

How did you go? Were you able to get above 60 in 272?

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC

pLuvia said:
accg253 lol, just scraped a cr in 272, 62 for acst200. I screwed up paper 1 that's probably why I didn't get the cr for 200

How did you go? Were you able to get above 60 in 272?
59, but after what I went through during/after the exam period, I didn't expect to go well lol. I might just do the stat exam externally. I got a Credit and a HD as well, and still waiting on acst200.

Kinda disappointed since I was doing well throughout the semester :( stupid atelectasis. This crap takes ages to recover from

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Boxxxhead said:
59, but after what I went through during/after the exam period, I didn't expect to go well lol. I might just do the stat exam externally. I got a Credit and a HD as well, and still waiting on acst200.

Kinda disappointed since I was doing well throughout the semester :( stupid atelectasis. This crap takes ages to recover from
It might be easier just to do the stupid CT1 exam through the institute ay?

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC

pLuvia said:
It might be easier just to do the stupid CT1 exam through the institute ay?
Probably. :p

That's what I'll likely do anyways, assuming I get a P instead of an F.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
jake2.0 said:
Yikes! I did so bad.

Acst300 - 54 P
Acst356 - 60 P (Means I gotta get 70+ in 357 to get the exemption :()
Acst354 - 67 Cr.

:(
Hey, that's not too bad dude. 300 wasn't exemption, was it?

Peartie

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Oooh, wo in Deutschland? Ich mochte nach Deutschland reisen! Nach Honours in zwei Jahren, will ich nach die Ägyptologie Universitäten (Göttingen, Heidelberg, Tübingen) in Deutschland studieren. Oder einer anderen Universität wie Chicago oder Liverpool. Wie man sagt in Arabisch 'inshallah'. :p
ich fahre nach giessen, in die naehe von Frankfurt.

Warum willst du nicht nach Aegypt fuer Uni fahren?

X

xeuyrawp

Peartie said:
ich fahre nach giessen, in die naehe von Frankfurt.
Ja ich weiss Gießen - aber warum dort? Für wie viel lange und wann?

Warum willst du nicht nach Aegypt fuer Uni fahren?
Ich hab nach Ägypten gefahren! Letzten Urlaub, fuhr ich für drei Monat... Wir arbeiten für sechs Wochen in Luxor im Süden von Ägypten. Es is sehr schön. :eek:

(Ich musste "Das Perfekt" Form(?) finden :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
It's kind of fun to be competitive with yourself at Mac, because you can be since Ds and HDs are worth the same. But damn-it!! My last subject scaled up so I should be happy, but not well enough to stop my GPA from being broken too. Oh well, I'm still happy obviously, but I just had to vent!

Last edited:

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Hey, that's not too bad dude. 300 wasn't exemption, was it?
Thank the Pope it wasn't.

Bad luck on your Stat result, especially since you got 59. How can they be so cruel and not give a 60:mad:.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
jake2.0 said:
Thank the Pope it wasn't.

Bad luck on your Stat result, especially since you got 59. How can they be so cruel and not give a 60:mad:.
They seemed to give 59 to a fair few people as well :( everybody I know who got a P (besides avatar_karma who I don't really know) got 59 or less. :bomb:

HSC
I'm... angry (at myself, of course).

ARGH! I got: HD, C, P and a PC (MATH130). MATH135 requires a P in MATH130, so I've gotta do the bastard again! I HATE MATHS! :(
Even if I could avoid this pre-requisite and somehow get into MATH135, I imagine it still wouldn't be worth it as it would be smarter getting on top of 130, correct?

Damn it.

Last edited:

1harkina

HSC
Does anyone think its worth appealing????
- For spanish throughout the semester I finished with 80% for all assesments and tests.
-The exam was good I felt really confident in my answers
-Then I only got a 63 as my final mark
- People in my class that I have talked to were really suprised because they were averaging less than me but got a credit
-The exam was online so is there anyway that it could have been messed up also what is the procedure and deadline for appealing
-Do marks often get mixed up or is there no way possible

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

X

xeuyrawp

1harkina said:
Does anyone think its worth appealing????
- For spanish throughout the semester I finished with 80% for all assesments and tests.
-The exam was good I felt really confident in my answers
-Then I only got a 63 as my final mark
- People in my class that I have talked to were really suprised because they were averaging less than me but got a credit
You need to entertain the fact that you may have screwed up the exam, to be honest. A lot of students have really strange views on how well they did in language exams...

-The exam was online so is there anyway that it could have been messed up also what is the procedure and deadline for appealing
-Do marks often get mixed up or is there no way possible

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!
Firstly, talk to your convener. Explain to her that you're not appealing grades, but that you're confused about the marks and was wondering if she could explain them to you. Outline the fact that you're really worried, because of your performance through the semester, that either you may have bad exam technique (or just screwed up the exam - in whichever case, you'd like to know) or that there was an error in the calculation of marks. Most conveners will be obliging if you are relaxed about it.

I don't care what anyone says, but the next part is important.

If you are unhappy with what they have to say, you need to say that to them. You cannot just be unhappy with the conversation and go to the Dean or Departmental Head or whatever. Going behind their back is stupid and against proper process, because they end up being dragged into it anyway. If they're reluctant to help you, you need to make it clear that you're going to appeal the grades. I think conveners hate this, but you can only make it worse by not being diplomatic, honest, and tactful.

The whole process is really tricky and can be very conducive to the convener getting the shits with you, unless you do it very tactfully -- especially in small units. There's no public official appeal against grades policy for Humanities (there's one being formulated for the Faculty of Arts for next year), so make sure you get documentation (emails if possible) of every step.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

1harkina

HSC
thanks for your help is there a deadline or can I sort it out first week back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)