Results (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
And yet both myself and a friend scored highly competitive graduate positions (IB) straight after graduating with nothing more than a "poor" UWS degree. Well done troll, you are an embarrassment to society with your bigot, stupid and moronic attitude.
Did your degree last 1 year?..You state you completed HSC in 2008..
I knew UWS was kinda like a TAFE, where degrees are shortened (because bogans have low attention spans), but 1 year?
The investment bank must have very lax entry standards..'cash converters' perhaps?

HSC
I knew UWS was kinda like a TAFE, where degrees are shortened (because bogans have low attention spans), but 1 year?
The investment bank must have very lax entry standards..'cash converters' perhaps?
shut up.

empirestrike

HSC
Obviously my information is not accurate, try E&Y and PwC.

isjongood

HSC
The fact is that UWS is a poor university with an even worse reputation. No amount of forum yelling will change that. No person in their right mind would choose UWS over UNSW or USyd (or any Go8), or even Maq and UTS. It attracts the lowest of the lowest.
For anyone who read my rant on the reasons for negative UWS attitude look here, this individual holds a very emotional view of what other people should and should not do. Why do you care what uni I go to?

I choose UWS over the other uni's, why? Because I don't care what people like you think, I love living in Western Sydney and I'm not going to have my life dictated by the racisim-like predjudice people like you hold.

I have no doubt that people like you hold your belief's based on irrational reasoning and vested interests so I am confident in saying that you will never change your mind, but I can say to any UWS student reading comments like this to think hard about it. Do you feel like your inferior to this person? Are you going to let them say they are better than you? Are you as sick as I am of garbage like this?

Ignore them, these people feed of the emotions they elict. Pity them for the fools they are. Be proud to be a Westie, show these fools what a "poor reputation" university student can do. Succeed, and use this kind of prejudiced thinking to motivate you through the late nights. It's what i've done and I've never doubted I made the right choice at choosing UWS. I love UWS, and I don't care what a pathetic snob like this thinks.

EDIT: so just ignore whateverrrr, ComingUpForAir and ad infinitum. They are trolls, whom like I said feed of your replies. To change topic, how do you guys think you went in the exams? I'm anticipating a little lower marks than usual.

Last edited:

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
For anyone who read my rant on the reasons for negative UWS attitude look here, this individual holds a very emotional view of what other people should and should not do. Why do you care what uni I go to?

I choose UWS over the other uni's, why? Because I don't care what people like you think, I love living in Western Sydney and I'm not going to have my life dictated by the racisim-like predjudice people like you hold.

I have no doubt that people like you hold your belief's based on irrational reasoning and vested interests so I am confident in saying that you will never change your mind, but I can say to any UWS student reading comments like this to think hard about it. Do you feel like your inferior to this person? Are you going to let them say they are better than you? Are you as sick as I am of garbage like this?

Ignore them, these people feed of the emotions they elict. Pity them for the fools they are. Be proud to be a Westie, show these fools what a "poor reputation" university student can do. Succeed, and use this kind of prejudiced thinking to motivate you through the late nights. It's what i've done and I've never doubted I made the right choice at choosing UWS. I love UWS, and I don't care what a pathetic snob like this thinks.

whoa did you say that now???

haha, awesome, for once someone actually thinks with maturity, i cant stand people like that, they are so immature, they think the name UWS is soo crap, its because they listen to idiots who dont know nothing, they think with no intellect whatsoever, ohwell i pity those fools also, its beginning to agitate me, and its not what they say about the uni that pisses me off, its the way they make themselves they know everything about the uni and they dont know nothing, they just listen to randoms and take there word for whatever, if uws is so crap, why is it continuosly attracting more and more applicants? Not because the marks are low, some courses have higher cutoffs then other unis, its all based on supply and demand, but the dumbasses here dont know that

i like your post and support it, you are getting rep for that one, good one ya:uhhuh:

isjongood

HSC
whoa did you say that now???

haha, awesome, for once someone actually thinks with maturity, i cant stand people like that, they are so immature, they think the name UWS is soo crap, its because they listen to idiots who dont know nothing, they think with no intellect whatsoever, ohwell i pity those fools also, its beginning to agitate me, and its not what they say about the uni that pisses me off, its the way they make themselves they know everything about the uni and they dont know nothing, they just listen to randoms and take there word for whatever, if uws is so crap, why is it continuosly attracting more and more applicants? Not because the marks are low, some courses have higher cutoffs then other unis, its all based on supply and demand, but the dumbasses here dont know that

i like your post and support it, you are getting rep for that one, good one ya:uhhuh:
Thanks skyline and It's good to see some UWS pride, just ignore these peoples post now, don't give them the privilege of a reply.

boris2003

HSC

EDIT: so just ignore whateverrrr, ComingUpForAir and ad infinitum. They are trolls, whom like I said feed of your replies. To change topic, how do you guys think you went in the exams? I'm anticipating a little lower marks than usual.

Definitely worst than the last semester, at least for me. Last sem it was 72,72,72,84,
this semester prediction:
F/P
P/C
F/P/C
then again i mark myself hard, so...

HSC
N/A

quiet the emotional diatribe....obviously this inferiority complex of yours has been building up for some time.

cold hard facts: UWS has lowest ATAR cut-offs
-UWS's student body is made up of those who are not bright enough for Go8
-UWS does not employ professional academics, the lectures are ex-high school teachers
-UWS does not offer PhD's, it does not do research
-UWS is in fact a TAFE

Now, don't take this the wrong way, I'm sure your a very nice person and all, however, you know that if you had the marks, you would not be at UWS.
So please, in the future, do not attempt to lure vulnerable and confused high school students to UWS.

boris2003

HSC
Btw marks have been uploaded to mysr, but are hidden, stupid stars, damn.

boris2003

HSC
quiet the emotional diatribe....obviously this inferiority complex of yours has been building up for some time.

cold hard facts: UWS has lowest ATAR cut-offs
-UWS's student body is made up of those who are not bright enough for Go8
-UWS does not employ professional academics, the lectures are ex-high school teachers
-UWS is in fact a TAFE

Now, don't take this the wrong way, I'm sure your a very nice person and all, however, you know that if you had the marks, you would not be at UWS.
So please, in the future, do not attempt to lure vulnerable and confused high school students to UWS.

1. UNCLE, and La Trobe have lower cut offs
2. UWS does employ professional academics, but their numbers are miserable. Also, the majority of employees are those that have been in the workforce
3. This is true, UWS is very poor when it comes to research. That is why there is so many lecturers/tutors who are undertaking research at USYD and UNSW, while working at UWS at the same time
4. UWS is not like TAFE.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A

A wall of denial and self deception. UWS is an inferior University. It is empirically worse than UNSW, USyd, ANU, Melb Uni, Monash, etc. It has a low endowment, etc. It's primary target student in those that did not score well enough to attend a Go8 University.....admit it, if you had scored a decent ATAR you would not be at UWS...I'm sure the students there a very nice, however obviously not very 'acedemic'.

wakeywakey

HSC
N/A
You can go to USyd/UNSW/etc and fail your subjects and be anti-social or extremely weird (like the trolls on here) - I know of people like that. You could also go to UWS because your UAI didn't make the cutoff for other unis, but do very well academically and socially at UWS and get job offers from the best companies - I know of plenty of people like that.

Who cares what anyone thinks. Just do your best. Stop trying to ride on the coat tails of your uni, it's sad.

isjongood

HSC
1. UNCLE, and La Trobe have lower cut offs
2. UWS does employ professional academics, but their numbers are miserable. Also, the majority of employees are those that have been in the workforce
3. This is true, UWS is very poor when it comes to research. That is why there is so many lecturers/tutors who are undertaking research at USYD and UNSW, while working at UWS at the same time
4. UWS is not like TAFE.
There's no real point in arguing with these people. However I'll say one thing for UWS students, lower cuttoff's does not signify that UWS is a worser university. As I have said previously the underperformed are filtered out and the high performers do come to the fore in later years.

The other points made are obviously attempts to incite emotion. This is the last time I will respond to the claims of these people, their arguments are flawed, aimed to incite "flame wars" which break down into shouting matches.

Through these kinds of posts these people show a very ugly quality of themselves, bigotry and prejudice. I'm personally glad they do not go to UWS, go do whatever you want to, get better jobs than me, get more money than me, I don't care and never will. UWS students rule, Western Sydney rules and people that overcome prejudice rule. Go the West Side Warriors! (catchy mascot name right?)

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Oh really? I can think of at least two centres for research within the School of Arts, let alone all of UWS! The Centre of Cultural Research and MARCS Laboratories, and YES they do offer PhD's. It's not fucking hard to find through Google either: Postgraduate Research Training | University of Western Sydney (UWS)

Research before you spout your shit next time...

I agree with this

where do all these idiots come from, i mean hec, if they wana bag UWS why didnt they make a seperate thread about it rather then doing it in the results thread?

honestly you people are unwelcome, your all invading UWS territory and if its soo shit like you dimwits say, dont bother looking up the UWS thread you idiots...

and dude, if you think theres no research centres in the uni....your seriously one screwed up dumbass, you shouldnt even talk...you make yourself an insult to any uni in australia...

Originally Posted by ComingUpForAir

you are stuffed?

Last edited:

M@ster P

HSC
I agree with this

where do all these idiots come from, i mean hec, if they wana bag UWS why didnt they make a seperate thread about it rather then doing it in the results thread?

honestly you people are unwelcome, your all invading UWS territory and if its soo shit like you dimwits say, dont bother looking up the UWS thread you idiots...

and dude, if you think theres no research centres in the uni....your seriously one screwed up dumbass, you shouldnt even talk...you make yourself an insult to any uni in australia...

Originally Posted by ComingUpForAir

you are stuffed?
Why did you choose UWS over other unis such as UNSW or USYD?

HSC
can you guys please shut up? I check this thread for any updates on loop holes to check my results - not read what you douche bags have to say about anything.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Such biased emotional rants in this thread (from both sides of the debate). I've been at UWS for 3 years and I've heard it all, the truth is simply this:

-UWS is not as prestigious as the G8 unis and even uMaq and UTS. This is a real disadvantage.
-However, prestige is only one of many factors that are important in the labor market.
-A UWS degree does not mean you cannot get an excellent job with a top firm and I have known many UWS grads who have been hired by top tier law firms, major banks and big 4 accounting firms.

A 6.5 GPA from UWS will always be better than a 4.5 GPA from uSYD. If you are talented, ambitious and hardworking, you will succeed almost anywhere.

If you don't put in the effort and have the wrong attitude, it won't matter if you got the best UAI and got into the best uni, you will fail.

I have compared the content of Economics, Finance and Law subjects at UWS to what friends at USYD UNSW and uMaq have been studying. The actual content is almost identical.

Furthermore, many lectures at UWS also teach at the top universities or have taught there in the past.

But most importantly, the focus at uni is not on sitting around being taught by amazing tutors, its about independent learning. That's why people can do very well at UWS, although on average performance is worse because of the lower cutoffs to get in.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
There's no real point in arguing with these people. However I'll say one thing for UWS students, lower cuttoff's does not signify that UWS is a worser university. As I have said previously the underperformed are filtered out and the high performers do come to the fore in later years.

The other points made are obviously attempts to incite emotion. This is the last time I will respond to the claims of these people, their arguments are flawed, aimed to incite "flame wars" which break down into shouting matches.

Through these kinds of posts these people show a very ugly quality of themselves, bigotry and prejudice. I'm personally glad they do not go to UWS, go do whatever you want to, get better jobs than me, get more money than me, I don't care and never will. UWS students rule, Western Sydney rules and people that overcome prejudice rule. Go the West Side Warriors! (catchy mascot name right?)
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)