Results! (1 Viewer)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Haha, got through all my subs. Didn't fail ACST305 like I thought I would :D Actuarial is done! Well, except for ACST400 and ACST401 but meh LOL

1 more year, and then Applied Finance is out of the way too then I'm freeeeeeeeeee!

ascentyx

HSC
Haha, got through all my subs. Didn't fail ACST305 like I thought I would :D Actuarial is done! Well, except for ACST400 and ACST401 but meh LOL

1 more year, and then Applied Finance is out of the way too then I'm freeeeeeeeeee!
congrats. have fun doing the control cycle lol. i think by the time i do it, the syllabus is going to be changed with possibly more tests (something i read about on IAA website) :(

laila09

HSC
hey everyone!
I have jut finished year 12 and next year would like to do a degree for arts and education at Maquarie. I have applied through UAC and my ATAR meets the requirements.

I was wondering if anyone in this thread does this degree?

If so could you pretty please answer some questions for me?

- When do you choose your major?
I would like to do english major and history minor however on the application we only put down the degree when do I choose this? I am just concerned because I want to be sure I can do english and history here.

-How do you get travel concession passes and when from the uni?

I did want to post a thread about this, But don't know how do any of you know how to?

Is there a special orientation day when we choose majors etc?

Thank you so much for your help!

dolbinau

HSC
yeah i'm so confused :S

so can they scale your marks down or only up?
I heard they can do both...it makes sense that they could do both (if it is a subject that everyone gets very good marks in, they can't give everyone high distinctions - at least in the normal distribution model, which a lot of units are still using IIRC [I did read something about a change to standards, though]).

Doomah

HSC
the can and do scale down, but rarely do so such that a person fails

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I think thats what happened to me :(
Well from a Pass to a PC
Otherwise they made a mistake or a got 0 in my evaluation (I don't even think thats possible lol)

Will emailing the course convenor help or should I not bother?
Media Cultures right? I got a credit for it. The only way you could have got a 0 for the interview is if you didn't rock up to it. Maybe you're overestimating how good your other marks were, or maybe there's an error. Either way you should contact Liz.

Kiim2507

HSC
Media Cultures right? I got a credit for it. The only way you could have got a 0 for the interview is if you didn't rock up to it. Maybe you're overestimating how good your other marks were, or maybe there's an error. Either way you should contact Liz.
Yeah MAS105
Even if I give myself a borderline pass for the marks I don't know it still means I got 3.5/10 for the evaluation which I doubt.
Yeah I need to email Liz.
The only reason I'm dissapointed is cos I tried really hard in the subject...went to every tute and almost every lecture and the only thing I failed was those stupid in class suprise tests :angry:

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
congrats. have fun doing the control cycle lol. i think by the time i do it, the syllabus is going to be changed with possibly more tests (something i read about on IAA website) :(
Cheers man! lol that sucks about the more tests thing :( did they detail as to how they'll (possibly) add in tests? As in, will they make part I, II etc bigger or will they add a part IV?

Last edited:

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
If we begin our Part IIs in 2009, then we need need do an Investments Bridging Course as well. However, if you begin your Part IIs from 2010 onwards, it will be split into two parts: part 2a which consist of the current form of part II (control cycle) and part 2b which consist of an investments part I think. And Part III module 1 will no more consist of a compulsory Investments paper but we will instead have a choice of doing the Investments paper or an ERM paper (which consist of the UK ST9 + 3 day course giving u the CERA qualification).

That's from what I understand... though you might want to check it out yourself.

BoganBoy

HSC
If we begin our Part IIs in 2009, then we need need do an Investments Bridging Course as well. However, if you begin your Part IIs from 2010 onwards, it will be split into two parts: part 2a which consist of the current form of part II (control cycle) and part 2b which consist of an investments part I think. And Part III module 1 will no more consist of a compulsory Investments paper but we will instead have a choice of doing the Investments paper or an ERM paper (which consist of the UK ST9 + 3 day course giving u the CERA qualification).

That's from what I understand... though you might want to check it out yourself.
so since im doing my part 2 next year I'll be doing the new course? sounds alright since im looking forward to the investment side of acst, and not the nitty gritty premium/reserve calculations.

ascentyx

HSC
so since im doing my part 2 next year I'll be doing the new course? sounds alright since im looking forward to the investment side of acst, and not the nitty gritty premium/reserve calculations.
This might be worth a read::

Changes to Part II
Due to the changes to the Actuary designation, Council has approved in principle for extra investments and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) material to be added to the Part II education program to bring it into alignment with the IAA’s Fully Qualified Actuary (FQA) requirements. This investments material will be based on content that is currently in the Course 1 Investments Part III course. Discussions will be held with universities offering Part II on how and when this could be done. A new Part II program conducted by universities could not be in place until 2011. The details of these changes have yet to be approved but a blueprint has been developed. A new Part II subject called Part IIB conducted by accredited universities based on this content from the Course 1 Investments course has been proposed for 2011. Under this proposal, the current Part II Control Cycle course would then become Part IIA and would include more ERM material (see proposed diagram changes below).

An online Investments Bridging Course, conducted by the Institute comprising content from the Course 1 Investments course will be established in May 2010 to meet the minimum FQA investments requirements as an interim measure. More details on the Investments Bridging Course will be available early in 2010. Students who undertake Part II before the new IIB subject is ready will be required to complete the bridging course to satisfy the new Actuary designation.

Changes to Part III
Council has also approved for a new Enterprise Risk Management subject to be added into the Part III pathway from Semester 1 2010 which will also meet the requirements of the new Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA) qualification (NB – to achieve the CERA qualification members must have attained at least AIAA status). This new subject is called Course 7A Enterprise Risk Management. This course is comprised of two components:
• the UK ST9 exam (held in on 30 April 2010) and
• a 2 day ERM weekend workshop held on 20-21 March (other dates TBC)
The ERM workshop will be not be assessed. Members who have completed the 5 day ERM CPD course will not be required to attend the 2 day ERM workshop.
From Semester 1 2010, the Part III Course 1 Investments course will not be compulsory. The Course 7A Enterprise Risk Management course may be taken as an alternative to Course 1 in meeting the requirements of Module 1. Members who choose Course 7A Enterprise Risk Management as an alternative to Course 1 Investments will be required to complete the Investments Bridging Course to complete Fellowship. The possibility of adding other single semester Part III subjects (Health, Banking etc) as Module 1 electives is also being considered for 2011/12.
Course 7A Enterprise Risk Management can also be taken as a stand alone course to achieve the Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA) qualification by Associates or Fellows.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ah fuck Credit, Pass, Pass Conceded

feckfeckfeck oh well if anyone asks 2 passes and a credit ;)

EDIT:

Ok wtf I don't see how I got a PC in one of my subjects.

I did pretty crap in assessments but I don't think that would've made me fail
Got high passes for 35%
Low pass for 40%
Got 6/15 for 15%

And 10% I don't know cos it was an interview/evaluation but I honestly don't think I could've failed that maybe gotten 5/10 but still

Even if I got
17.5/35 (Which is unlikely cos it was +pass but anyway)
20/40
6/15
=43.5/90

I truly honestly don't think I got 3.5 for my evaluation

So can your marks be scaled down?
WTF I'm so confused I hate this subject

Ok I think I got
6/15
9/15
12/20
20/40
That together is 47 which is what I got for the subject. I really don't think I got 0 for the evaluation..is there some way to check this?
What subject was this for?

X

xeuyrawp

Hooray, finally got an email from the honours convener - 93, First Class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)