RET test entry at UWS (1 Viewer)

T

talene

Did any of you use your RET rank when you got accepted at UWS?
If so, how did you go in your HSC, and what was your UAI?
I'd just like to have some kind of indication of how RET ranks are in relation to UAI's because right now I'm freaking out about getting into uni and would reallllllly appreciate any info on how the RET test

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
Well I did the RET last year, scored in the 60's and got in the 90's for my UAI, so the RET test was a big waste of time and money for me, but hey that's just me. Everyone's different! Don't stress about getting into uni, you'll get in, even if its not straight away, where theres a will theres a way. Just concentrate on your HSC and take everything else as it comes.

Goodluck!

stressed monkie

im a random
i agree with above person
my uai was way higher than my ret so it was a waste of time and money

T

talene

so when do we get our results back?
i was told 'mid november'... but when did students from previous years receive theirs??

a_person86

HSC
They come in the mail on the 30 November... I be at schoolies during that time so i told my mum to open it and contact me whether its good news. If i dont get a call, hopefully i will be to drunk to notice :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
i wouldn't call it a waste of money... you've done it as a back-up, so there's always peace of mind that you've got something extra. i'll be interested to see how i went...:)

hatty

Banned
is there a limit or anything as such like you cant use ur RET when its below a certain number? or they wont accept ppl who have UAIs less then something even though their RET might be good?

mishka

HSC
N/A
your UAI has to be within 10 points of last year's cutoff AND your RET score has to be higher than the cutoff.

i think that's pretty much the conditions. it was explained in the little booklet that came with the application... i've got it laying around somewhere...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)