Retreating from retreat from the global. (1 Viewer)

bathtubsoap

HSC
shimmy&shine said:
I'm sure if your teacher is teaching the module, it's because they have a good grasp on the topic. otherwise they wouldn't be teaching it.
That's probably true of most teachers, but not for all. For us my class foolishly chose this topic, and then our extension one teacher decided to take it on. But then she left, replaced by another who even admitted to us at one point he was as confused as we were about the topic. Needless to say that didn't give us the best of confidence in what we were learning.

I'm sure the topic must have seemed much better from a more informed source though. Maybe they should offer semimars for other teachers who are soon to be teaching RFTG.

shimmy&shine

HSC
yeah, i agree with what you have said.

but, every english module or elective has been prepared by a specific english teacher. They will obviously then have a slighter advantage when teaching the course, and that doesn't go just for my teacher but for lots around the state.

I admit it's a bit unfair. I've had a 'bad' teacher before, and yeah it's a bit annoying when the other class shows off about how great their teacher is. Which i hope I'm not doing here.

I think if a teacher is going to teach it, then they must know the course and at least have someone, like my teacher, help them teach it.

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
yeh david eldridge came to our school..he was helpful
but all the same it couldn't make the elctive more appealing.
I WISH you didn't have to do E1 to do E2.
In the future the BOS should change it and make it optional.
Yeh E1 should be compulsory for year 11 but not for year 12 (that is if you want to do E2).
I reckon alot of 4uniters wouldn't do E1 if they had the choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)