Rider's Licence (1 Viewer)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Riet said:
Wrong. Bikes are 16x more fatal than cars. The problem is that you can do everything right and then if someone else fucks up you are the one that pays. There is like hardly anything to absorb the forces and so yeh, it's dangerous. Don't be under the impression that you can just take it easy and you'll be safe. Good riding needs you to actively avoid danger.
That's exactly right.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Riet said:
Wrong. Bikes are 16x more fatal than cars. The problem is that you can do everything right and then if someone else fucks up you are the one that pays. There is like hardly anything to absorb the forces and so yeh, it's dangerous. Don't be under the impression that you can just take it easy and you'll be safe. Good riding needs you to actively avoid danger.
Yeah thats correct.
I should probably say dont drink and ride ever, not even just one drink. Why? well riding takes alot more concentration and skill, with drink driving[like a few drinks iam talking about, not drunk] its easy to just drive home, your reaction speed might be down a little but thats it. That shit can be fatal for bike riders.
Also if you are going to get a bike, take some advanced learning courses so you know what to do when the shit hits the fan, knowing how to lay down a bike correctly will save your life and yes, you can walk away from it unscathed if you are wearing the right gear.

My dad had a pretty bad accident a few years back[he hasnt ridden since] where a truck was crossing this bridge, but its a thin bridge and i guess he wanted lots of room so he was in the middle of the road, end result was dad ended up with a broken leg, shattered foot, gashes in his legs and a punctured lung. He didnt do anything wrong, but if he had been wearing the right gear he would have had less injuries [like probably just the broken leg and foot] Thank god he was wearing a helmet or he would probably be dead.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
s-AINT said:
You know what dude? I've been riding a motorcycle for well over 2 years now, and the fun never ends. I wont lie, I've been in two accidents- 1 of the accidents put me in hospital for 3 weeks-but I love it!

I have my new bike now btw, but I can't ride it until I get off my P's.

On your L's, you can ride where ever you want so I couldn't have bothered going down and getting my P's done. But I eventually did, after about three L periods.
So which ones are actually P's legal bikes?

quik.

HSC
Riet said:
Why would anyone want a 2-stroke race replica to learn on though? If you don't want a bitch 250 (if you're a big guy or something) you can get a GSF500 or something that has plenty of torque but is still easy to ride. I don't see why you'd need that even, a GPX250 is a shit load faster at legal speeds than my Toyota Camry.
I was just using the Aprillia as an example that L and P plater bikes arn't all underpowered happy meal toys. Not saying he should get one.

MuffinMan said:
So which ones are actually P's legal bikes?
RTA website has a list of all the bikes you can ride, listed by manufacturer.

Edit: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/tests/motorcycleridertrainingscheme/motorcyclesnoviceriders.html

CieL

HSC
Riet said:
Very true.

I've seen countless people merge into a lane thinking there are no other CARS around, and what they don't notice is a motorcycle in that lane..

I dislike it when motorcyclists tailgate me.. I drive so much slower and more carefully because I know that if I had to brake suddenly, I dont want them to ram their front wheel into my car or get any of their wheels near my car because I feel that they will do an instant forward flip and get run over by the car behind them lol.. I dont know.. maybe it's because I've jammed my front wheel whilst riding a [normal] bike before and I ended up doing three complete 360 cycles down a hill.. and I was goddamn lucky the bike didnt land on me either..

I just get scared about the lack of protection I guess.. I've been on the road a fair bit and I've seen and been in my fair share of accidents [none of which I've caused] and I'm grateful that my car's body saved me from getting into anything worse.. Especially with alot of crap drivers on the road..

And then there's the wet weather factor.. I've seen a biker nearly lose it once and I had to brake a shitload cos I was scared he'd skid on the ground and I'd end up running over his body..

I don't know.. that's just how I feel towards a motorcycle..

I had a phase where I really wanted a bike too.. but I've seen too much shit happen and I think I'm better off without.. some people don't mind as they're so into it, and I respect that.. but it's all personal and I think my life would be safer if I stuck to driving a car lol

/essay

quik.

HSC
kols_kebabs said:
$80 helmet, $60 gloves, ~$150 jacket.
Personally, I would not put my faith in an $80 helmet.

Gear is what seperates you from the road, you said you were on your fulls so I'm assuming you've either had a few scares or kissed the black stuff yourself.

Please don't skimp, at all, on gear. Helmets especially. Sure, they're expensive, but man, it's your fucking head.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
NSR-125, or NSR-150SP in the avatar?

My helmet is a $150.00 RXT blue piece of shit. I've hit the ground twice with it on my head and I still use it, it's the only helmet I feel comfortable in. I have a bike I will sell you if you want it... has 11 months rego, it's a 250 Yamaha FZX250 Zeal, it's sexy blue, quick, 41,000kmz, PM if interested.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
My helmet was about $200, gloves were another $70 but they have CF knuckles which I hope isnt just a gimmick. As for the thrill, the only thing I can say that is better is sex. Honestly, I havent experience anything near as good to biking outside of that. I drive like and absolute fuck when no ones around and that just doesn't compare to coming out of a bend in second and just revving the engine out to the very redline.

Edit: I find it really addictive, are you guys the same?

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Yeah I love to start my bitch in the moring before I head off to uni, sit beside my bike finishing my coffee while the fog hits my face.

Fuck it was cold yesterday riding though, dang!

quik.

HSC
kols_kebabs said:
For example, I've heard some top helmets absorb the first hard impact very well, but after a single impact their protection is crumpled, and provide pretty poor impact protection if you happen to bounce repeatedly. A cheaper helmet may be more consistent in a multiple impact crash.
First time I read that I thought you'd said 'more consistent in multiple crashes' and I was like D: you should be replacing it after one!

But no. All is well :]

I don't know about expensive helmets being only good for single impact stacks, I would think that their complex design is actually a benefit in multiple impact crashes, but I have absolutely nothing to back that up.

7th Sign

HSC
save like 6k and you can get a pretty decent run around

92 prelude S with high ks...

civic????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)