spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
fuck, i just saw---

(for everyone else)

http://asia.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=3411228

Report: Hitler's Filmmaker Riefenstahl Dies
Tue September 9, 2003 07:10 AM ET
BERLIN (Reuters) - Adolf Hitler's filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl, the last of Germany's famous Nazi-era figures, has died weeks after turning 101, a journalist with links to her family said on Tuesday.
"Frau Riefenstahl died without pain, she fell asleep in her bed on Monday night," said Celia Tremper, a journalist for Bunte magazine who said she has close links with Riefenstahl.

There was no other verification of the report.

Tremper said Riefenstahl's long-term friend Horst Kettner and her assistant Gisela Jahn had asked her to spread the news.

No one answered the telephone at Riefenstahl's home near the Starnberger See lake south of Munich on Tuesday.

Riefenstahl, whose films of a Nazi party rally and the 1936 Berlin Olympics brought her pre-war fame and postwar notoriety, had been too sick to give interviews or make media appearances in recent months.

Riefenstahl won awards at the Venice and Paris film festivals in the 1930s for her "Triumph of the Will," a documentary highlighting the meticulously choreographed, eerie grandeur of the Nazi Party's 1934 Nuremberg Rally.

She was then commissioned to make the official film of the 1936 Olympics."Olympia" pioneered techniques such as mounting the camera on electric cars on rails to follow races.

Ever since the war, those films have haunted her, and she remained a villain to many for declining to apologize for them. Critics have accused her of failing to own up to being associated with the Nazis.

s2ophie

HSC
I think its fantastic! it was so nice of her to die before the HSC!!! Think of the documentaries!

Oh come on don't think i'm a horrible person. She was 101 and i think she lived a very full life!

s2ophie

HSC
I walked into my mh class 1st period and everyone yelled it at me! i was like who? and then it clicked!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol so funny in a way. Our modern teacher had been looking forward to her death in a way so we would have more docos to watch. But you can't say she didn't have a pretty freaking extraordinary life!

Leanne

HSC
true, true....but it will take a while for the documentaries to be made.. and we only have about 7 weeks until the m.h exam...

does any1 have examples of the 'assess' or 'analyse' q's about Leni? For the second part.....? thanx!

Elena

How do you know Shylock???? "The villany you teach me i will execute and it shall go hard but i will better the instruction!!!"

I feel bad now writing stuff about Leni!!!

Assess the early influences in the career of Leni - if that helps.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Elena

I feel bad now writing stuff about Leni!!!
Meh, dead or alive, I still believe she was a propagandist.

Benno

HSC
ding dong the bitch is dead, which old bitch, the wicked bitch

Benno

HSC
very true, did u c the way she acted on the wonderful/horrible life of Leni Riefenstahl. she was a real bitch

s2ophie

HSC
yes. it was hilarious when she wouldn't walk and talk but she was doing it anyway!

Kittycat

HSC
I think my MH teacher said something like 'O image the number of those poor Modern History HSC markers that have to read 'Leni, who only died recently' in the HSC.' Are you all going to put that in there?

U serious? Is she a real bitch or something?

Last edited:

Benno

HSC
lol the question would be somthin like "outline the highlights of leni reifenstahls life"

"died 2003 1 month ago"

s2ophie

HSC
you'd be kind of stupid not to put in that she died....... The question is usually outline the significant events in her life etc...Dying is pretty significant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)