Robert Gray Poetry (Area of Study - Discovery) (1 Viewer)

What is your favourite Robert Gray poem?

• Total voters

Gypsy26

HSC
I think it would be great if people studying Robert Gray could all come together on this forum and share ideas and help analyse the six poems. I have heaps of information to share, especially in relation to the all important 'techniques', so, if anyone responds to this thread, shows some interest and wants to contribute I will to.

Last edited:

Gypsy26

HSC
Okay, I am going to give a little to hopefully get a little. Here are some annotations for the beginning of 'Journey, the North Coast'.

'Journey, the North Coast'
(The comma makes the title flow and further reinforces the idea of movement and a journey)

Next thing, I wake-up in a swaying bunk
(The first two words tell us the journey has already began and we are part way through the story.)

as if on board a clipper
(A simile is concluded which further reinforces the idea of movement and a journey.)

clambering at sea,

and it's the train that booms and cracks,
('booms and cracks' = onomatopoeia, which offers a comparison to the country and the loud sounds of the city.)

it tears the wind apart.
(The verb 'tears' provides a powerful piece of imagery.)

Last edited:

stefanosgerakios

HSC
Does anyone have any information on Late Ferry, Flames and Dangling Wires and Diptych? I was away sick from school and missed out on the notes from class.

stefanosgerakios

HSC
Hey there. Do you have any information on Late Ferry, Flames and Dangling Wires and Diptych? I was away sick from school and missed out on the notes from class.

DepressedPenguino

HSC
I'll start analysing Gray's poems tomorrow.. hope I can find something relevant to discovery :)

Gypsy26

HSC
Hi, I have the same problem. I'm more than happy to help you out with notes. Firstly though, would you be able to upload Flames and Dangling Wires and Diptych as my teacher never gave them to me, because I was away hence, I only have the old versions from online to work from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)