RolePlay Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you read the complete story, but as a manga?

• yes

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • no

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • If I'm in it

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Depends on the art style

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • If you keep the story itself interesting

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
“Welcome home everyone.”, Shiva smiles.
“When will Joshua be here?”, Clive concerns for his younger brother.
“He should already be here-”
“Clive!”, Joshua shouts at the sight of his brother coming out of one of the other hovercrafts.
“Joshua!”, The two brothers stretch their arms out to hung one another, relieved that one another are safe.
Shiva stands at the side, feeling a little bittersweet from this moment in front of her.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Joshua and Clive have so many questions for each other, but there is something that crosses Clive’s mind that he has to get to the bottom of.
“How did I end up in the city anyways? I could have sworn the place I was last was my classroom!”
“I’ll fill you both in on that.”, Shiva intervenes.
“Who’s she?”, Joshua asks Clive.
“She’s the person who saved me. So treat her with respect.”
“T-thank you very much ma’am!”
*headpat*, “I’ve done what I could, but now it’s your turn to protect your brother. I trust he’s in good hands?”
“Of course! I’ll do anything to protect my only family !!”, Joshua responds with conviction.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
“Anyways, follow me to my work station, I’ll inform you both once inside. Of course, take your time, I don’t want to stop the two of you from getting comfortable with your new home.”
“Um, ok. Wait, how would we find your work station?”
“Ask around, the people know one another very well.”
Joshua who’s shy to talk to strangers looks up at Clive, hoping that he’s got it covered. Clive is also the same way, but he decided long ago that he would no longer fear meaningless things, so decides to follow Shiva’s advice.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Joshua and Clive, along with Steve (Clive’s new friend), all go around exploring together.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
As Joshua and Steve get slowly aquanted, it isn’t until Clive encounters a person who requires assistance with something that Joshua no longer pays attention to his fear of strangers.
“Excuse me young man, do you happen to be The Messenger who came from the outside world?”, asks an older lady at the agricultural station.
The inside of the base is filled to the brim with greenery and advanced, ancient civilisation aesthetics.
“Um, yes, I think so.”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you. In our community, it is commonplace to help one another and being rewarded for their just work. I actually need help with something, I’ll make it worth your while.”
“What do you need help with?”
“I’m tending to these plants here you see, a very delicate process, but I also need some hands to help me water the other plants, just to make things go by a little quicker.
Over there is the amount of water that needs to be showered over each plant.
There are many as you can see, and I don’t want to miss out on lunch.”
“Understood, we’ll help you out.”, Clive says as Steve smiles greatly and Joshua stares in awe at the new activity of watering plants.
“Oh thank you all so much. Let me know when you’re done.”

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
The three of them gather miniature watering cans and begins pouring each one on the different potted plants that appear to not yet have damp soil.
During this activity, Joshua is guided by Clive, and Steve gratefully marvels at the scenery around them.
“The people look so alive and free here. It’s a refreshing change from always seeing people stare at their phones whenever outside.”, Steve says.
“I get what you mean. Whenever I was on the train to school, I always wondered when it became commonplace to not acknowledge strangers. If anything, that’s more strange than anything else.”, Clive responds.
“Do you think everyone here is like the older lady?”
“In what way?”
“I don’t know, I guess I’m wondering if her outgoingness towards strangers is actually the norm here.”
“Well… We can’t expect too much, we don’t know enough yet.”

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Once done with their job, Clive goes up to the older lady, “Finished already? Wonderful! 4 pairs of hands is always better than 1. Here, as promised, your reward.”
“Oh, no, I really don’t think there’s any need to give us-”
“No, you did me a favour, so I have to return it any way I can. No matter how big or small, that’s the way we do things around here.”
Clive looks into the eyes of the older lady, and notices that this decision of hers is a genuine desire, rather than an obligatory attempt to thank him.
“Then, I gladly accept.”
“That makes me happy.
And a word of advice I would like to share:
Get well acquainted with everyone here, for although we are all observers who experience this world alone, it doesn’t mean we can’t be alone together.”
Joshua and Steve grow confused, but Clive understands right away.
“I understand. I’ll try my best to make some friends.”
Joshua and Steve then understand.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
The next place Clive, Steve, and Joshua go to is the medical department, and there, they see many patients who have physical damages.
Thankfully, the doctors present are able to support the patients’ tdamaged body parts and help guide them to have their bodies heal their wounds within hours, rather than weeks or months.
“Yep, that’s perfect. Hold that state until you’re fully healed.”, the doctor says to a skeptic patient who is wearing similar clothes to Clive, Joshua, and Steve. The patient must be one of the survivors, so as many others in this room right now.
“Yes, do you need any help?”, asks the doctor who is single handedly caring for over 20 patients.
“Oh, no, do YOU need any help?”
“Oh, that’s very kind of you to offer. But I don’t recognise you, even though you appear to be a messenger… oh, you must be that outsider Shiva was looking for.
Maybe you could be of some use then.
Do you know anything about chakras?”
“Ummm… what‘s a chakras?”
“Oh, ok, I understand now. Well, maybe you could help me with something else. Could you help me purify the water in these supplies the patients brought back with them.
There are so many plastic bottles, and I’m afraid that they will contaminate water they drink out of it.
Water should not be wasted, so purification is ideal.”
“Is water scarce?”
“No, far from it. It’s just that pure water is. Even the snow outside is contaminated by the dirtied air from the outside world, so this is common practice no matter who needs water.”
“Oh, then how do I purify it?”
“Boil it in the pot over there. To cool it down faster without having majority of the energy lost, I’ll deal with that part myself.”
Clive goes over to the pot. It seems really rough, as though it was hand made rather than a commercial product.
Clive then pours all the bottles of water into the pot that has a fire lit underneath it, and waits until the doctor says that it’s purified.
“That should be enough now.”, the doctor quickly mentions to Clive as he’s dealing with a patient.
Clive then turns off the fire, and waits for the doctor to quickly cool it down.

The doctor then goes over, puts his hands together as though praying, and then charges his hands with an energy that can cool the temperature of the pot and water inside of it.

“wow!”, Joshua says bewildered.
“That is grade A water. Here, for your work.”, the doctor give the three of them a glass of the warm water that isn’t boiling.
“Is this meant to still be warm?”, asks Steve.
“Do you not want it warm? What if I added honey to it?”
“Oh, then I would love it warm.”
They then have their warm honey water together, and it’s the most refreshing and energy restoring drink that they have ever drank in their entire lives.
The doctor then gives them all canisters to keep more portions of the drink warm as they carry them around.
This is my compensation. Since I know how annoying it could be to wait for boiled water to cool, instead of being impatient to drink purified water, just come to me any time, you might learn how to purify it yourself one day as a result with some practice.
“thank you! This is far too kind just for boiling some water.”
“Don’t mention it. My job is pretty easy, usually, so I don’t have much else to do.”
“By the way, that’s a unique pot. Is there something special about it?”, Steve asks.
“It’s unique? How else can pots be made if not out of metal?”
“It just don’t look like a modern utility.”, Clive follows up.
“Well, I don’t know much about what it’s like from where you all came from, but things that hold water are made of 100% iron. No other elements are present in the forging of that there pot.
If you want to know the one who deals with the metal works and materials, talk to John Smith, the smith.”
“Cool, thanks, you answered everything I wanted to know. Don’t overwork yourself now.”
“Oh, this is far from over work, if anything, it’s underwork being a doctor here.”
“Hmmm… I’ll just have to take your word for it.”
“Ahaha, no problem.”

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
“Ok, I think that’s enough exploring for now.”, Clive says after the three sit at a park bench, staring at the giant, floating spike in the middle of the facility.

He stands up, ready to go to Shiva’s office space.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
“Oh yeah, we need to ask for directions.”, Joshua reminds Clive.
“It’s fine, I know where she is.”, Clive says.
“You do?”, Steve asks.
“Yeah.”
“How?”, the both ask.
“I just do.”
“…?”

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
The two follow Clive up some stairs and down a corridor, eventually making their way to a large, heavy door that appears to have a unique design that is similar to that of a religious space, but the images and symbols appear to be chaotic and uniform all at once, with triangles being at the centre of the design.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Clive then pushes on the heavy door, and with the help of Steve, they open it quicker.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Beyond the door, they see a vast hallway, like that of a throne room.
At the end, they see an icy thrown, and near it, Shiva can be seen dealing with some work.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
She turns to the noise, and she is shocked.
“How did you get in here?”
“What do you mean? We just pushed against the door.”
“That’s…”, she stops herself from continuing to talk.
She then puts her papers down on the table next to the thrown, and she hurries over to Clive.
“Did I do something wrong? Is this not your office space?”
“Far from it, you rascal.”

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Suddenly, the moment Shiva grabs Clive’s hand, she freezes, he freezes, everything freezes in time.
His hand begins to heat up, and while still fully conscious despite time having stopped, Clive and Shiva try their best to pull their hands from one another, but to no avail.

‘Clive, can you hear me.’, Shiva sends a message to him telepathically.
‘Y-yes, I can.’
‘Oh, thank goodness. Now tell me, what are doing right now? Stop it.’
‘I’m not doing anything!’
‘Tell me, how did you find me. And how did you open the door?!’
‘I sensed your presence using my intuition as you said we have, and then opened the door as I would any.’
‘Well, there’s a seal placed on this room and anything in it, so that it will go unnoticed to even the naked eye. To think that you could consciously lead yourself to me despite being within this space…’
‘What about the door, how is opening it so special?’
‘…You’re the only other person who I’ve met who can even find the door, let alone open it. Did you really do it by accident?’
‘Hmmm… well, I do see the possibility that my common sense is somehow allowing me to do what most consider would require effort. I’ve just been ‘this way’ for so long now, that it might of slipped my mind that I interacted with the door in a specific way.’
‘Are you referring to your awareness of chakras being used as a key for the door?’
‘Is that what chakras are? I do sense some things within me, and I’ve been playing around with them to do different things.’
‘…It’s honestly a miracle that you were able to reach the level of potentially making consecrated spaces without even any knowledge of chakras.’
‘Anyways, that’s enough with the interview questions, let’s figure out how to unfreeze time.’
‘Yeah, let’s.’

An hour of experimentation passes, and Shiva begins to get anxious of the possibility that the two could be frozen in time for an indefinite amount of time.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
“Oh, I think I’m getting the hang of it now.”, Clive says in his mind but begins to speak as clearly as though using his mouth.
‘Really? Oh thank goodness.’
“Ok, I need to concentrate, just give me a sec.”
‘…We’ve been holding hands for a while now.’
“Shiva, you’re still sending me your thoughts.”
‘…Do you have to call me out like that?’
“Ahaha, well I’ve been thinking about that as well.”
‘Well, it’s not like we can stop ideas from popping in our head.’
“Well, that’s not totally true.”

Shiva thinks for a moment without using words, and then remembers the way she should be approaching the situation in a fully pure way that allows her to have complete mental control.
‘How could I forget such a normal thing? I need to observe and pay attention to the things I want to.’
“Yeah, but don’t beat yourself down about it.”
‘But this hasn’t happened before.’
“Then consider yourself lucky. I’ve had to deal with that all my life until I managed to brute force my way into becoming a Messenger.”
‘How did you do it anyways?’
“You don’t have enough experience with being impure, so I can’t describe to you how I went from being impure to pure.”
‘Hmmm, no, I think I’ve actually got a fair amount of experience.’
“…So you lied earlier. Actually, it would make more sense if you did.”
‘Lied about…?’
“How you’ve never experienced forgetting what it means to be genuinely normal. You’ve gone down an entire rabbit hole of being cray, haven’t you?”
‘… I’d rather forget that. So please don’t make me aware of it.’
“Oh, of course. Just remember to not associate me with this part of the conversation then, so as to not trigger another idea that pops into your mind.”
‘You’re really articulate.’
“Thank you.”

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
[Writing all of this makes me wonder if there is a potential library dedicated to spiritual entertainment. What I wrote is only relatable to those on the spiritual path, where as those outside of it will go crazy just trying to figure out how we uncrazied ourselves.

Well, anyways, it’s gotta be pretty interesting for a future spiritualist to read all of this later.
Though, I don’t know if I’ll become a person that someone else can be so inspired that they end up digging up my Bored of studies rants, so that’s unfortunate that no one will probably end up reading these - unless if I become inspired myself, in which case, give me 2 months tops to really get the ball rolling.
My current issue for those reading back on this, is that my attention span to hold a single want, until at least success, is something I’m lacking.]

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
[Though honestly, spirituality explained in an enjoyable way is really tough, and when it comes to this, I’m still explaining this in a hypothetical way, since I don’t have ANY experience with chakras whatsoever, yet.]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)