• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

roles and impact of conservative parties and elites on political process (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
going through my notes i realised i have hardly anything on the above dot point of the syllabus. it is unlikely that we'll get a question on that point, right? but i'd like to have some notes just incase. the only thing i can think of are the roles and impact of people such as hindenburg and bruning... ideas anyone?? any notes??

rama_v

HSC
Absolutley not - its HIGHLY LIKELY that you will get a question on this dot point. For exmaple last year's question on Weimar Germany adn Hitler's Nazi Party required you talk about the impact of conservatives on Germany in the period 1918-1933. Basically the 'conservative' part refers to the right wing Prussian aristocracy (i.e. people like the judges and the teachers, who circulated the stab in the back legend and actively encouraged acts against the Weimar Republic whom they beileved was too liberal).Conservatives also links to the big cartels who joined in supporting the Nazis, because they wanted authoritive leadership during times of crisis.

Meanwhile the 'elite' refers to people in the army such as Schliecher adn von Papen, and how their manoevring undermined the Republic and highlighted the flaws in teh constitution, and led to the ascession of Hitler as Chancellor. You probably already have notes on this, I daresay its just that you didn't quite understand what the dotpoint asked, thats all :)..

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
rama_v said:
You probably already have notes on this, I daresay its just that you didn't quite understand what the dotpoint asked, thats all :)..
now i think the opposite.. i had to do all my own research on schleicher and von papen etc we didnt even mention them in class!!
ARRGGH i really need notes on this stuff seeing as it seems an important dot point- i have limited stuff from the text book only

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)