• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Romantic Restaurants (1 Viewer)

HSC
I want to take my boyfriend to dinner somewhere nice this weekend as we havent been to dinner somewhere beautiful for a while. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe a restaurant at coogee, or a place with a beautiful beachside view. I dont really wanna go to the city too .. just want something romantic and thats in a really nice location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated =]

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
anything that has waterfront views would be ideal for a romantic date

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
the restaurant strip along Dee Why beach is really lovely on a balmy Summer evening. it's like Manly, except without the billions of people and the annoying road that spoils the view of the beach.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
There are quite a few along Darling Harbour. I was taken to a few, one Italian restuarant in particular was beautiful, and not that expensive. Two mains and dessert costed about $80, which is pretty standard anywhere for a romantic restuarant of sorts.

As for specific names, I don't know.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I second Darling Harbour.

Walk around Harbourside, cross Pyrmont Bridge and go around the other side as well, and look at all the menus. I remember me and my boyfriend went to one of the Italian restaurants near Passionflower for our 3 years and they had the best garlic prawns on fettucine I've ever had.

Another place I would suggest is Meat & Wine Co. near IMAX.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I can't for the life of me remember how much they are but there's a collection of restaurants on the Harbour in the Rocks near the Hyatt. There's a steakhouse: Wolfies I think and a fantastic Italian restaurant. I think there's also a Japanese place?

It's so pretty down there too.

HSC
Summer Salt rest. at Cronulla has an awesome view but its effing expensive.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Having dinner on a mountain's bench is pretty romantic. You just need a bit of candles, and a "safe" place.. (where there won't be wild animals rushing out in the middle of your playtime)

Don't go there when it's too dark, though

gracie007

HSC
if u have the money, i would suggest bondi iceburgs. its really fancy but the view is sooo nice

otherwise anywhere along king st wharf (darling harbour) or cockle bay.

wagga

HSC
Balmoral bathers pavilion is really exxy but its worth every cent, and the setting couldnt be better

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
There are quite a few along Darling Harbour. I was taken to a few, one Italian restuarant in particular was beautiful, and not that expensive. Two mains and dessert costed about $80, which is pretty standard anywhere for a romantic restuarant of sorts.

As for specific names, I don't know.
i took my girl there for dinner on valentine's day last week. we had the best time ever... we went to Baia (Italian Restaraunt on Cockle Bay Wharf) which is on the IMAX side of Darling harbour but up near the footbridge. wasn't expensive and we had a table practically right at the water. so it was a beautiful night view.

check http://cocklebaywharf.com.au/ for more restraunts in that area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)