Ross Gittens (1 Viewer)

j-mo

HSC
Riviet said:
I heard he has a daughter who did the HSC economics course, and he wrote articles relating to the topics she did over the year. So it wouldn't be surprising if he happens to write an article on the topic that you're just doing.

Wow, 12000th post in this forum.
Yes, Riviet, he did have a daughter, and she did Economics at my school. He used to come in and lecture :p But that was some time ago now, although our eco teachers look "back in the day" as it were in pride.

And yes, he did (at the time, anyways) at some stage say that he specifically wrote at an HSC level - simply because it means that while you have to have intelligence and some sort of background knowledge to understand him, you don't have to be a genius to get it. A layperson with a brain can appreciate it, and that is, as far as I'm concerned, why teachers like him so much; because he is understandable.

Furthermore, I don't know about other schools, but where we are we have to hand in a portfolio of newspaper articles as part of our assessment, which have to be read, highlighted, and summarised. And the specifications say that we have to have at least one article under each topic which is NOT by Gittens, so there you go :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)