Rove (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
How terrible is Rove Live. It was hilarious when I was 12 and didn't know any better. He has no subtlety what-so-ever. God I hate that fucking show.

Discuss, with references to the text.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i cant stand rove. its a complete rip off of one of the american shows in a similar genre.
and i mean, he sits there, interviews people, and reads prescripted jokes off autocue, even i could do that, there is no way in hell he deserves all the logies.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Just goes to show what a crock the logies are, and always have been.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
for sure. dude, I have about the range of facial/voice expression that he does, and I'm like the worst actor/comedian ever.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm probably quite biased about the guy, because I'm of the belief that 99% of australian tv is a dump full of rotten crap anyway.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I'm inclined to agree, although I still watch neighbours for no reason but pure habit.
the Aussie film industry has a bit more promise though :) (ie, the castle, two hands, lantana)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i love it how people bitch about how they could do someone else's job.. it goes the same for art and music and films and stuff.. "oh look at that crap, I could do that."

well, why haven't you then

whilst rove isn't my favourite tv personality by far, the point is that he has a personality which has contributed to his success

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i cant stand rove. its a complete rip off of one of the american shows in a similar genre.
and i mean, he sits there, interviews people, and reads prescripted jokes off autocue, even i could do that, there is no way in hell he deserves all the logies.
well, most variety shows are like that, although some do not have autocue no.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
I'm inclined to agree, although I still watch neighbours for no reason but pure habit.
the Aussie film industry has a bit more promise though :) (ie, the castle, two hands, lantana)
yes, also a japanese story, muriel's wedding, priscilla, the rabbit proof fence, the dish, strictly ballroom, alexander's project, swimming upstream, shine, australian rules.. they are just off the top of my head, i'm sure there are many others

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
i love it how people bitch about how they could do someone else's job.. it goes the same for art and music and films and stuff.. "oh look at that crap, I could do that."

well, why haven't you then

whilst rove isn't my favourite tv personality by far, the point is that he has a personality which has contributed to his success

well, most variety shows are like that, although some do not have autocue no.
why haven't I? well, because that's not what I want to do with my life. but seriously, I'm not saying I can do better per se, just that I think he's shit. informed opinion from a lifelong drama student : )

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
rove - his jokes r lame, his features r lame, the show stinks ...

Carlito

HSC
its only good when he has some guest on that you want to see, and even then he spoils it cause he cant interview for crap and he always cuts them short so he has more time to do his lame scripted crap

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah I think he seriously thought he was funnier than mel brooks. I was like wtf.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
yeah I think he seriously thought he was funnier than mel brooks. I was like wtf.
well mel brooks ain't that funny :p spaceballs = most unfunny comedy ever

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i love the show, he makes even the most boring people entertaining to watch. you can't say h ehas no talent - not everything is off autocue, he has a great talent for interviewing people

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
well mel brooks ain't that funny :p spaceballs = most unfunny comedy ever
you obviously haven't seen young frankenstein

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
you obviously haven't seen young frankenstein
nope, only seen spaceballs, blazing saddles and men in tights, although i have heard good things about young frankenstein and the producers, but then i heard good things about spaceballs (*cough*mark*cough*)

:kaz.n:

HSC
rove isnt THAAAT bad..give te old chap some credit...if he was so terrible how come he gets good steady ratings..

i cant say im a fan but i can say whenever i remember he is on i will watch :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)