RU486 - Abortion Pill (1 Viewer)

ohne

HSC
Tony Abbott is a democratically elected figure responsible to a democratically elected parliament responsible to the people.

The TGA is an unelected body made up of unelected figures that is not democratically accountable.

This is why politicians should not wash their hands of their responsibility and force unelected figures to make such ethical decisions. RU486 is not "therapeutic" and it should not be handled by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ohne said:
RU486 is not "therapeutic" and it should not be handled by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Therapeutics

1. Branch of medicine concerned with cures and remedies.

Therapeutic

1. Contributing towards a cure of a disease.
2. Soothing conductive to well being

I think RU486 fits within the bolded above.

In any event the TGA website defines its role as regulating medical drugs or anything that comes under the TGA Act. I believe RU486 is a medical drug. Also I think regardless of whether RU486 is a therapeutic or not it use would be regulated by the TGA Act anyway.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
That's like saying that people should have the right to murder others, as long as we don't commit murder ourselves. In fact, it's not Like saying that, it IS saying that.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
That's like saying that people should have the right to murder others, as long as we don't commit murder ourselves. In fact, it's not Like saying that, it IS saying that.
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

I wonder how many times we have been through this. Abortion is not murder and has not been for some time. There are numerous reasons why abortion is not murder and they have been repeated at you like a brick wall. You will not listen to a single logical argument as to why abortion is not murder or why it should not be classfied as murder. You repeat the same thing over and over again. You live an an ideological dreamland or some kind of utopia phanatical. You also hate women for some unknown reason.

Even worse for your own cause is that you have trouble clearly expressing your ideas. You also make fanciful claims that you disproved feminism. Thankfully your inability to clasp onto some kind of common reality might ensure that you never find power.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Schroedinger said:
That shit just makes me hard.

Really hard.

dude, they blend the baby up inside the chick and pull it out bit by bit.

lol know nothing about abortions.
Legalising abortiion, i think is giving the oppurtinity to women abuse the right to have an abortion. ALready abortiion are high, and just shows that women dont care about killin little innocent babies.

Its ultimately thier problem and they should handle it, rather taking the easy way out an d killin a life.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Yeah and you have the qualification to say that, because, y'know, you're able to get pregnant. So therefore you know everything about the situations surrounding pregnancy and thus, you'know, you should be allowed to mandate that women shouldn't be allowed abortions.

If you think women will ABUSE abortions (Which are a serious psychological issue for many women, and do cause long-term consequences.) you have NO RESPECT for women, at all.

Look, by limiting abortion you're limiting choice which means you're limiting the free will of someone.

I don't even understand why this is still an issue.
when u give people the right of freedom, u expect people to respect it!. So you think having an abortion only affects the person pregnant, man it affects everyone around her just as much. .
Firstly think of this why does women want an abortion? .. its a complex issue, but perhaps there is way for it work, such that women dont abuse it, and respect life. Perhaps u should think of life that is being killed, destroying life is not a simple thing.

The solution is not to simply legalise abortion, it requires more thought than that.

Generator

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
The solution is not to simply legalise abortion, it requires more thought than that.
Legal termination is, well, legal, so it would best if everyone remembered that fact and focused on the issue at hand - whether the minister or the relevant authority should have the power to approve the drug's use within Australia.

roxychicksta

HSC
i see what u mean but also do we really want people dropping out of school at an early age if they are pregnant??? I know its irresponsible but i think its a very good idea to have the pill so then unwanted babys dont just pop out...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
roxychicksta said:
i see what u mean but also do we really want people dropping out of school at an early age if they are pregnant??? I know its irresponsible but i think its a very good idea to have the pill so then unwanted babys dont just pop out...
but thats thing, its irresponsible- fix that first and then move on. Rather fixing the later, which need not be fixed, if the chicks dont pregged in school. ultimately whose fault is it? its the chick or the guy - whatever and not the baby - why put it on the baby?

but, sometimes you have no choice but to have an abortion. Abortion should be seen as the last option, the ultimate choice.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ohne said:
Tony Abbott is a democratically elected figure responsible to a democratically elected parliament responsible to the people.

The TGA is an unelected body made up of unelected figures that is not democratically accountable.

This is why politicians should not wash their hands of their responsibility and force unelected figures to make such ethical decisions. RU486 is not "therapeutic" and it should not be handled by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
i didnt think u need to be democratically elected to sift through data to figure if a drug was medically safe..

i guess Tony Abbott with his yrs of statistical and clinical training as a medical scientist and/or medical doctor makes him the right man
cos.. hes democratically elected... of course...

why do u think this is a ethical debate not a harm minimisation one?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Generator said:
Legal termination is, well, legal, so it would best if everyone remembered that fact and focused on the issue at hand - whether the minister or the relevant authority should have the power to approve the drug's use within Australia.
fuck that, when u have drugs u use it, otherwise wats the point.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
how do you determine a drug safe? take a group of people put them on the drug, analyse results and generally they have some standards that need to be met.

Butback to my points, when you have drug, why dont u use it?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
erawamai said:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

I wonder how many times we have been through this. Abortion is not murder and has not been for some time. There are numerous reasons why abortion is not murder and they have been repeated at you like a brick wall. You will not listen to a single logical argument as to why abortion is not murder or why it should not be classfied as murder. You repeat the same thing over and over again. You live an an ideological dreamland or some kind of utopia phanatical. You also hate women for some unknown reason.

Even worse for your own cause is that you have trouble clearly expressing your ideas. You also make fanciful claims that you disproved feminism. Thankfully your inability to clasp onto some kind of common reality might ensure that you never find power.
Has not been for some time? How can the termination of human life NOT be considered murder? Who the fuck are you to say that a human life is NOT a life? Why don't we just draw the line at the 90th trimester and abort you? You may have more experience, but no more right to life than a child of 3 years old, and that 3 year old has no more right to life than a foetus of 3 months old.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
Has not been for some time?
Last time I checked abortion was a legal procedure carried out in New South Wales and has been carried out in NSW legally for 35 years for women who choose to have it. Non legal abortion carried out in backyards with coathangers has been carried out for a few hundred years.

phanatical said:
How can the termination of human life NOT be considered murder?
How can a foetus be a life? It isn't born. It is potential life which lives as a parasite inside the female until it is born, at such a stage the child evolves from potential life to a human life. OF course there are degrees of of which a child moves from potential human life to human life. That is why it would be considered wrong to abort in the late term. It is also why early abortions are the best abortions.

phanatical said:
Who the fuck are you to say that a human life is NOT a life? Why don't we just draw the line at the 90th trimester and abort you? You may have more experience, but no more right to life than a child of 3 years old, and that 3 year old has no more right to life than a foetus of 3 months old.
I have no more right to life than a 3 year old. I never suggested otherwise and I would warn you to not attribute statements to people who never made them or who made no such inferences.

A three year old has a greater right to life than a foetus because the foetus is not born and is therefore a potential human life and not a human life that is already in being.

No matter what society will always weight the rights of a person that is already in existence as greater than the right of the potential life.

If society were to choose to save one life and the life which it was to save was either yours or the 2 week old foetus society would choose you as you are a life that is already in being.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Committee fence sits on abortion pill

A parliamentary committee has failed to take a stand on whether Health Minister Tony Abbott should be stripped of his exclusive control of the abortion pill RU486.

Instead, the Senate committee has called for more funding for abortion counselling and support services.

The committee has been considering a private members' bill which would give Mr Abbott's control over distribution of the abortion-inducing drug to the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

"The committee is not making any recommendations relating specifically to the bill," it said in its report tabled in the Senate this morning.

"The committee recommends that increased financial support be provided to improve sex education, including better education on responsible human relationships (and) wider availability of information about and access to contraception and other fertility control techniques," it said.

The release of the report comes ahead of a conscience vote on the issue tomorrow and more than six hours of debate in the Senate tonight.

AAP
*shakes head*

For a copy of the report, those submissions that have been publicly released and transcripts of the public hearings, please visit this site.

The report's additional comments are quite interesting (as one would expect).

Last edited:

kinabarina88

HSC
if u ddnt kno how RU486 works..there is the first pill which starves the baby..so in affect u ARE KILLING IT!!!!!!!!!!! therefore it is an abortifacient...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the 2nd pill is then taken 5 days later and the girl should stay at the surgey for anothr 4 hrs, so basically the 2nd pill induces contractions..but dd u kno that there is a extrememly high risk of foetal body parts that will be left inside the mother..and within a couple of hrs the mother will die of infection...GET A SCIENTIFIC EDUCATION ALL YOU PPL WHO THINK RU486 SHOULD BE LEGAL!!!!!!!!!! abortion proves that ppl are willing to kill for sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCARY HUH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

kinabarina88

HSC
roxychicksta said:
THEN DNT HAV SEX IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Generator

HSC
N/A
kinabarina88 said:
if u ddnt kno how RU486 works..there is the first pill which starves the baby..so in affect u ARE KILLING IT!!!!!!!!!!! therefore it is an abortifacient...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the 2nd pill is then taken 5 days later and the girl should stay at the surgey for anothr 4 hrs, so basically the 2nd pill induces contractions..but dd u kno that there is a extrememly high risk of foetal body parts that will be left inside the mother..and within a couple of hrs the mother will die of infection...GET A SCIENTIFIC EDUCATION ALL YOU PPL WHO THINK RU486 SHOULD BE LEGAL!!!!!!!!!! abortion proves that ppl are willing to kill for sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCARY HUH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
Kid, I'm sure that Hillsong has its own online discussion forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)