rugby league/rugby union (1 Viewer)

beach_babe

HSC
Does anyone out there think that rugby union is a more of a gentlemans game then league??
And do u think that they can talk better during interviews??

berghousemaa

HSC
There is an old saying.
Cricket is a game for gentlemen played by gentlemen
Soccer is a game for gentlemen played by thugs
Rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen
League is a game for thugs played by thugs

While League is indeed tougher than union it is far less complex and takes almost no thought except for two players. There are also a lot less skills involved.

Compare Fitler's interview when he won the GF to John Eale's speech at WC

berghousemaa

HSC
DaddyK said:
Thats not a saying, thats just crap. To the point, league has more intensity than union, its more of a full on spectators game whereas union developes more through the game.
You idiot. What part of the post do you dispute.
I'm not saying League is crap. I like it. I just like rugby better.
Most of what you said is right but how can you possible dispute that rugby players are more elequont.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
berghousemaa said:
You idiot. What part of the post do you dispute.
I'm not saying League is crap. I like it. I just like rugby better.
Most of what you said is right but how can you possible dispute that rugby players are more elequont.
No, just the part about "league - thugs - played by thugs" Thats bs, i know heeeeeaapppss of people who play league and there the nicest fella's ever. There also pretty smart, there not all block heads, thats just a cliche i reckon.

HSC
Rugby Union is a better sport to watch, play and takes a level of skill and thought that cannot be gained by just spending all day in the gym or training like league players.

Jiga

Rugby Union better to watch....now Ive heard everything.

I rate union as one of the most boring sports to watch, Super 12 is good, but internationally, I dont like watching someone kicking penalties from 50 metres out, and teams winning without scoring a try. Even funnier thing, they developed a football which could effectively kick goals from like 70 metres out - that would just make the game even better.....

berghousemaa

HSC
DaddyK said:
No, just the part about "league - thugs - played by thugs" Thats bs, i know heeeeeaapppss of people who play league and there the nicest fella's ever. There also pretty smart, there not all block heads, thats just a cliche i reckon.
It's not a cliche, it would be a stereotype.
Obviously it's not gonna hold true for every single person. However Union players are classier and more deserving of the title gentlemen because thye predominantly go to the better schools.

No game is better because they appeal to people in different ways.

League is a true spectator sport because you can see everything that is happening. Not so in rugby as you can't see in the ruck and most people can't even comprehend the rules they are applied so inconsistently.

I like rugby more because i can appreciate the tactical nuances and get bored of the repetitive nature of league.

beach_babe

HSC
i love rugby,and my brother plays.and i love league.
But i cant get enough of union and i find it far more interesting to watch!!
I just prefer to watch an interview from a union player then a laegue.
Especialy when gorden tallis,when the broncos played cronulla and the ref was trying to explain he could recieve and he had no idea what was going on.
meat head big time!!
The union is also alot more civilised,not like the larikins at the leagure who are like drunk and check 13 year old chicks out!1

but any sport is good to watch!

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
The Rugby boys are definitely the smarter bunch of players............

When was the last time any of the Australian Super 12 sides had a scandal?

The NRL seem to have one every week and the season hasn't even started!

berghousemaa

HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
The Rugby boys are definitely the smarter bunch of players............

When was the last time any of the Australian Super 12 sides had a scandal?

The NRL seem to have one every week and the season hasn't even started!
let's not forget what the Brumbies did when they went to Saffa land.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Rugby Union is a better sport to watch, play and takes a level of skill and thought that cannot be gained by just spending all day in the gym or training like league players.
Yet how many league players cross over to union? Quite a few...there the same people, Oh wait a minute...union players spend all day in a class room doing university level physics. Bloody fool.

berghousemaa

HSC
DaddyK said:
Yet how many league players cross over to union?.
Nowhere near as many as cross over to league after school because of the easier wages.

Bobcat

HSC
union is genralised as a private schools game, so more 'gentleman' like if u wish
league more public schools

thats how i see it anyway

league and union players are prob just as bad as each other during interviews

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:

I rate union as one of the most boring sports to watch, Super 12 is good, but internationally, I dont like watching someone kicking penalties from 50 metres out, and teams winning without scoring a try. Even funnier thing, they developed a football which could effectively kick goals from like 70 metres out - that would just make the game even better.....
lol. Even if I don't agree with your views on league...I certainly share your opinion about union.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
union is more upperclass, where as league is more working class

oh and btw i prefer union a lot more over league. but hey its just my opion.

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:

matt#1 said:
lol. Even if I don't agree with your views on league...I certainly share your opinion about union.
Yeah same here. God I hate union.

beach_babe

HSC
no offense but the dragons suck big time u cant say union is crap when your team cant even win!!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
beach_babe said:
no offense but the dragons suck big time u cant say union is crap when your team cant even win!!
lol...how the hell can you make the point that Union is better by refering to one team in the NRL? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)