Rugby League Tri-Nations (1 Viewer)

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
wtf. shocking results.

i have no idea why king and hodges are being dropped for lyon. seriously. no one expected gaz injury so *shurg*

keep the queensland combo i say. hodges, hunt, lockyer, thurston and smith

Cpt obvious

HSC
I reckon if the Aussies are going to throw the Tri Nations again the should atleast play Hayne. Get the players of the future some test caps.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Bad decisions?

More like, the game was thrown to try to give "international" :)rofl:) rugby league more credibility.
he is probably right - it wouldnt suprise me

Stranger10

HSC
Nobody will throw the Tri-Nations

Mason getting suspended for hitting glass jaw is absolutely insaine. This is rugby League, AFL...

wuddie said:
really would like to see how brits' 'talents' stack up against us in our league. tho i must admit that a few of their players are pretty good and have potential. but if they are playing just for the money, then there will be no way a nrl club can attract them to come over, unless its south sydney.

so i gonna put it out there, do we want poms in our league?
Wuddie, shuttup :). The Saints would compete very well in the NRL. There are a few clubs that could compete, but the large percentage of them would just be like souths.
There will not be many converts like Carney for the simple sake of Money.

Cpt obvious

HSC
Of coarse the Tri-nations get thrown do you really think the rugby league world cup would be a succes if Australia wins all the tri-nations matches before it.

Stranger10

HSC
The League World cup is farcical. There are very few teams that can compete in the world cup. Although it cant be worse than union and having a country like Namibia...

The Kangaroos just aren't as good as they were 5/6 years ago. Look at the quality of players they had back then and currently we just don't compete.
Lockyer, Rogers, MacDougall, Sailor, Fittler, Webcke, Johns, Tallis, Kennedy...

We just don't have players this quality anymore. Locker needs a fair bit of room to be effective, and there is no replacement that i can see for Johns/fittler/Kennedy/Tallis, which should really account for the losses. We just are certainties anymore like we used to be.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
the reason Australia lost was because of Stuart's stupid rotation policy! for fucks sakes, they only play 4 games before the final, surely the best team should be picked for all of those games to ensure that the team can 'gel'

i still don't understand how Stuart can be coach. having a team that misses out on the top 8 two years in a row and than to be dropped by your club, but you can still pick up the Australian coaching job?

it seems like ppl are always quick to blame the coach when a team doesn't perform, something i dont agree with, but if the coach lets quality players miss out because of some retarded rotation policy than i think he deserves every cristiscm he gets

Stranger10

HSC
The rotation especially with Smith is a joke. Hes an 80min player like Bedsey and should be used as such. Berrigan and Hornby in Aussie jumpers is a fucking disgrace. What the hell is Stuart doing?!?!?!?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Stranger10 said:
The rotation especially with Smith is a joke. Hes an 80min player like Bedsey and should be used as such. Berrigan and Hornby in Aussie jumpers is a fucking disgrace. What the hell is Stuart doing?!?!?!?
i can see Hornby playing for Australia, if say someone else was injured, and Berrigan should be on the bench as a replacement for Smith or to cover the wing/centre if an injury happens, but i dont see how you can give Hornby a run at halfback when you have a more than capable no. 7 in Thurston who is missing out because Stuart believes everyone should get a go, its not a bloody primary under 8s competition, and its nothing more than a sympathy test cap

sure those players who were 'rotated' on in last game are great, their just not good enought to be there, hence we lost, hence Stuart is a retard. someone mentioned Australia is losing the talent they use to have, to a degree ill agree, but i think ppl are forgetting that NZ and GB are getting better, and tests are not just walks in the park anymore. Stuart has to stop fucking around and make sure we get a team that can win

Stranger10

HSC
fornstar said:
i can see Hornby playing for Australia, if say someone else was injured, and Berrigan should be on the bench as a replacement for Smith or to cover the wing/centre if an injury happens, but i dont see how you can give Hornby a run at halfback when you have a more than capable no. 7 in Thurston who is missing out because Stuart believes everyone should get a go, its not a bloody primary under 8s competition, and its nothing more than a sympathy test cap
I really dont see the need for Berrigan at all. He doesnt really offer impact like the wing/Buderus combo did. The rotation for the sake of a rotation is just crap IMO. A player like Menzies is much more fitted to take a bench spot.

fornstar said:
sure those players who were 'rotated' on in last game are great, their just not good enought to be there, hence we lost, hence Stuart is a retard. someone mentioned Australia is losing the talent they use to have, to a degree ill agree, but i think ppl are forgetting that NZ and GB are getting better, and tests are not just walks in the park anymore. Stuart has to stop fucking around and make sure we get a team that can win
The players are good enough, but they arent going to gel especially with the shit Stuart is playing. NZ and GB are getting better, and like i said before Australia is going backwards. They dont have the John's the Fittler, Tallis, BK, that they did for ages. NZ are still missing their 2 best players in SBW and Benji IMO, and they came close to putting AUS to the sword. Quite simply, the talent pool for AUS is getting bigger, but the quality is not as high.
Inglis = Freak, but in terms of playing ability doesnt quite cut it with Johns/Tallis. In terms of athletic ability Inglis destroys them.

B35tY

HSC
and then in the final?

On paper Aussies have it easily, but i reckon the Kiwis will win it through passion, something we do not seem to have at the moment.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
comprehensive demolision by the aussies, finally we see something closer to reality. aust vs nz in the final, going to be a fiery match regardless

Stranger10

HSC
Kewis to win IMO, the Aussies just arent as good as they think they are... The lack of passion is just pathetic... Look at K Hunt and Hindmarsh not willing to put their bodies on the line and dive on the ball... just freakin ordinary.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Australia is a much better side and they should win easily but I'd like to see NZ win.

I am sick of Australia not taking other teams seriously and not putting in the effort they should. I have also been disappointed in the selectors the last couple years. They aren't rewarding good form as much as they should they are just picking people who have done it before. And this rotating bullshit they have going on makes no sense at all.

I'll be going for NZ.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i'll pick kiwi's too.

haha. and then aussies would be like :(

and start a fight or something. woo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)