Rules for Customers (3 Viewers)

*Minka*

HSC
LOL!

It doesn't bother me - I mean, I see no reason to lie about where I come from because some people are assholes.

It just makes me hate customers :)

HSC
:uhhuh: the cleaners at my work are serbian theyre such nice people, i help them out with cleaning team room because everyone there are pigs

but yes back too customers, general public is rude, impatient, messy pigs

they refuse too wait, demand instant service, put things back wrong on shelf and on top of that blame you

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
*Minka* said:
I have had quite a few people look at the badge, look at me, and then say 'Oh you are one of those DANGEROUS wogs' or 'Don't you have something to set fire too or someone to shoot?' and then go to someone else's register.

the girl from the registers said in a very snotty tone 'We speak ENGLISH in this country. Leave your wogspeak in Europe'. Little bitch.

I got the last laugh on her - the lady came back an hour later with this gorgeous little bracelet from Diva and she put it on my arm and insisted that I keep it when I told her she didn't have to do it. It was so pretty - the snotty cow was eying it off for the rest of our shifts.
the girl must be jealous you are fluent in another language, that was very nice of the lady.
Casmira said:
. You know what its like at least too get constantly hounded by xenophobic customers. Today there was a customer that couldn't speak good english but she was greek (tourist) and I helped her out speaking greek too her, and customers went and told my manager that I'm not speaking english
Again, wtf? Some people are so rude, I can't understand them and didn't know that that this happens!
cimbom said:
... so, do you go by Stephanos everywhere else? Is that why it is a problem?
What was that supposed to mean? He shouldn't have a problem with Australianising his name? The customers should stop being so petty and idiodic.

cimbom

HSC
iambored said:
What was that supposed to mean? He shouldn't have a problem with Australianising his name? The customers should stop being so petty and idiodic.
I mean- that there's not a huge difference between Stephanos and Stephan. He said that he doesn't go by Stephanos anywhere else... so why choose to change it at work? Where you're dealing with mostly English- speaking strangers? Not that he should be australianising his name- it's just hard to believe that customers would have a problem with it, in 2006. How would muslims and hindus etc. with non- Christian names deal with it?

HSC
I lost my nametag, its been steve all this time I wonder if I should push my luck and put stephanos even though everyone calls me steve, probably not it'd seem like im against soemthing :(

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
thats a joke Cas to start with your name is not even that woggy besides what's it to them?. I guess I am lucky that my Greek/Baptism name is my middle name thus no one ever calls me it, although technically I was told in the eyes of the church, thats my first name since Melissa isn't a saints name...

*Minka*

HSC
iambored said:
the girl must be jealous you are fluent in another language, that was very nice of the lady.
It was so pretty and very nice of her. I have actrually been called Un-Australian by some people because I speak more than one language. I actually speak five which I am very lucky to be able to do.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh wow, i was coming into this thread to bitch about annoying customers who a) treat me like a fucking atm machine and chuck a psycho when i don't have $400 in my drawer to give them and b) still bitch and moan constantly about the refurb like 3-4 months after it started.

but at least i don't have to put up with this disgusting, xenophobic shit some of you guys go through. i would absolutely go right off at any customer who attempted to judge me on my sex/race/etc. most customer abuse i just take cos i figure it's not worth the hassle, but that is beyond rude. it's horrific.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
If you have a VIP card, or work in the centre and get a discount, tell me BEFORE I put your entire order through. Don't pay for your order, and then say in a confused voice "oh, don't i get a receipt with a free coffee on it? I work in the centre by the way". I am not going to ask every customer. I cant print the damn thing off once its through and it.causes.a.hassle. Its friggen annoying.

don't make a joke about our tips bowl- 'oh, can i pay with this? HAHAHAHAHA'
or - 'oh, is this for me? HAHAHAHAHAHA'. it wasnt funny the first time either, jackarse.

Don't try and tell me what the cake of the day is. I Know what it is, and you arent going to trick me into giving you the cheesecake for cheaper. If you were nice to me, I probably would have given you that deal anyway/stupid arse ho

don't ask me why the citrus tart costs more than the slices- It costs more, -because it just does. the god of prices decided it. Im just here to make some money.

don't forget your table number or your cutlery after I've handed it you- its really annoying, and it makes it look to everyone else that it was my fault. and i dont like that/

*Minka*

HSC
Oh I can totally relate with people who scream at me when I don't have $400 in my till to give them as cash out when there is an ATM right outside.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
*Minka* said:
Oh I can totally relate with people who scream at me when I don't have $400 in my till to give them as cash out when there is an ATM right outside.
today i was hungover and in such a fucking foul mood and when the 8th person in a row was like "why dont you have it? you should be able to provide your advertised services" and i'm like cashout is a bonus not a right. THERE ARE FOUR FUCKING ATMS IN THIS TINY LITTLE PLAZA.
sometimes if a customer has pissed me off and then ask for cashout i just tell them i can't have it. :) i need some satisfaction in this life

also i cannot STAND people who start unpacking, failing to mention the green bags they've left UNDER everything else. funnily enough, my job description does not involve reading minds and i absolutely REFUSE to unpack and repack everything i've already done. either suck it up and take the plastic or do it yourself, i don't care either way. as long as you understand that i'm not fucking doing shit.
also, i hate people who take stuff out that you've already packed and repack it. fair enough if i've put in detergent with chicken or something, but ffs, i've been at this for over a year. i know how to pack a bag, and i don't tell you how to do your job, so what makes you think you can tell me how to do mine?

back to cashout, there is a little concept called enunciation. it means i can understand what you say. don't yell at me because you mumbled something and then mumbled again when i said "sorry, that was fifty out?". i always doublecheck how much people want out, so if it's wrong, i'm sorry, it's your own fucking fault.

fuck work has been pissing me off so much this week. mostly cos i did a week in deli and have been back in service for most of the week.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh, i always double check the amount out cause i know you fucking customers will yell at me if i get it wrong.

AND, dont get the shits wen i ask "Credit, Savings, or Cheque" Funilly enough, just because a card is Visa doesnt meant it cant also be savings or cheque, and i'm sure u'd be the FIRST to complain if i pressed credit without asking and u wanted savings

*Minka*

HSC
There are times where I have enough in my register to do cash out, but I say I can't strictly because some customer has been an asshole to me and spoken to me like I am a peice of dog shit they stepped in.

People should remember that I am the one on the till, and I will decide how hard I try and get a price checked, whether I will do cash out, Whether I will try and find someone to get something for you or whether you have to do it yourself.

HSC
townie said:
yeh, i always double check the amount out cause i know you fucking customers will yell at me if i get it wrong.

AND, dont get the shits wen i ask "Credit, Savings, or Cheque" Funilly enough, just because a card is Visa doesnt meant it cant also be savings or cheque, and i'm sure u'd be the FIRST to complain if i pressed credit without asking and u wanted savings
adding to that...
dont fucking stare at me as if im an idiot and then go on to say.."yes, its a CREDIT card."

*Minka*

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
adding to that...
dont fucking stare at me as if im an idiot and then go on to say.."yes, its a CREDIT card."
Especially when it is actually a DEBIT card. Yes, I can often tell you yuppies.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
With the cash out thing, oh my god yes!!

Its like, ok guys, yes technically our cash out limit is $400, however, we're not meant to have more than $200 in our till at anyone time, and I've just done a clearance to rid my drawer of $1200 or so's worth...so, no, when all I have is 2 50's and 5 or 6 20's, no, you cannot have $400 cashout. However, I am happy to call a supervisor and have them suspend the sale and take your transaction to another til which may (although unlikely) have your money. This will result in holding you up for longer, and thus, I enjoy my job more as you were a bitch to me.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
katietheskatie said:
and people who pretend not to know what movie they're going to go see - it makes you look like a tool. or people who just stick money on the counter and give you a blank look. sure, i know what movie you want to see and if you're an adult/student/concession etc. and make sure you can pronounce what you're going to see - it's not the pacific-er, its the pacifier. a bit of fucking articulation goes a long way.
Lol. Remember "meet the fockers". Many red faces appeared on customers as they whispered what they thought was the correct pronunciation

steelite

HSC
glycerine said:
also i cannot STAND people who start unpacking, failing to mention the green bags they've left UNDER everything else. funnily enough, my job description does not involve reading minds and i absolutely REFUSE to unpack and repack everything i've already done. either suck it up and take the plastic or do it yourself, i don't care either way. as long as you understand that i'm not fucking doing shit.
Or they either leave it in their trolley. Once someone come in and gave me this soiled dodgy bag which is definitely not hygenic and demanded l pack it in there. Told them l wasnt even going to touch that and they started whingeing about saving the environment, anyway l refused to pack it in there.

back to cashout, there is a little concept called enunciation. it means i can understand what you say. don't yell at me because you mumbled something and then mumbled again when i said "sorry, that was fifty out?". i always doublecheck how much people want out, so if it's wrong, i'm sorry, it's your own fucking fault.

fuck work has been pissing me off so much this week. mostly cos i did a week in deli and have been back in service for most of the week.
After they press the savings button l always ask if they want cashout, they sometimes ignore me then proceed to typing in their PIN number and then ask (after its been accepted and the docket is being printed) that they need $x amount . That sometimes happens with flybuys, l ask them if they have flybuys and they ignore me by either continuing to talk on their mobile or talking to someone else (l dont plan on speaking too loudly to get their attention) and then they flash out their flybuys card at the end. idiots

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Flybys cards are the worst. Without fail i will have one idiot who will say they dont have one but keep looking in their wallet for it and then find it after the sale has gone through.

Sure I can fill out the paperwork for your $5 purchase but it's much easier for me to say no.

- yes, we are short staffed. you don't need to point it out every five minutes.
- just because our store doesn't have stock of the item you're after, doesn't mean that it's false advertising.
- i really don't care if you want to call a current affair. if you really want i'll give you head offices phone number and my name and you can make a complaint about it to them too.
- just because it says 20% off doesn't mean it's off the entire store. read the signs, they're there for your benefit dumbass.

Lanily

HSC
- Unattended children will be given an Expresso and a free Puppy
- Don't ask me 'Do you work here' when I walking up an aisle clearly wearing a work uniform woolies scarf and name tag, because I don't - I just enjoy wondering up and down supermarkets in their uniform in my free time.
- If you a perfectly able bodied person don't dump your basket on my check-out and stare blankely at me, waiting for me to unpack it for you, because I won't.
- Don't bring $300 worth of groceries through EXPRESS and wonder why it took so long to scan it.
- Don't tell me 'You look bored' or 'I've come to give you something to do' or 'You were just waiting for me weren't you' and wonder why I don't laugh, we're told that several times a day. It wasn't funny the first time and it's not funny now.
- Don't make lame jokes when Items don't scan
- Just because I'm a check-out chick, doesn't mean I'm a high school drop-out
- Don't wink at me, tell me I'm pretty or ask me if I'm going to the club, if I was going to the club, I wouldn't go anywhere near you.
- No I didn't 'Press the wrong button' when something scans at the wrong price, I don't magically have the ability to remember the price of every product we sell in the store.
- Go to Coles, I don't care. I still get paid regardless
- Just because you give me a sob story, doesn't mean I can give you free stuff.
- Don't give me change thats been wrapped up in a soiled hanky in your pocket
- Don't leave your greenbags under everything in the Trolley and give then to me AFTER you've put everything on the conveyour

I'm sure there a more, but I'm all ranted out for today.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)