Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Customers think there's some magical place "out the back" where dreams come true.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
scarybunny said:
Customers think there's some magical place "out the back" where dreams come true.
lol,

whenever I say "I'll go see whats out the back" what I really mean is "I'm gonna go out the back, have a drink, kick some shit around and come back and tell you I couldn't find any"

BlackDragon

HSC
fnkychk said:
Yeah right. If you were a cust you wouldn't walk back to where you got something.
lol. I certainly do. What's the point in just leaving it anywhere for it to waste or for a staff member to take it back later? Stop being a baby.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well if it is a perishable item then I can agree but otherwise no I don't think it matters customers are basically creating more jobs for the store by doing it so it's win win and you get paid for it so :p.

And next time I ask for something and they say they will check out the back I will walk off or follow them to back sure they at least get to out the back, then leave. But I ask nicely. :p

BlackDragon

HSC
A customer took the cap off a 3 litre juice bottle and walked away today. i mean, what the fuck? Also, you get frozen mangos, pizza taken out of their boxes, meat in the juice section, and ice cream left at room temperature.

Who does this?

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
Gelatissimo

1. THEY ARE NOT ALL ICECREAMS. THEY ARE NOT FROZEN YOGHURTS. THEY ARE GELATO, AS SUGGESTED BY THE STORE NAME. Some are sorbets, which is not pronounced "sorbetttttt", and those that are have "SORBET" written on the label.

2. If something's dark brown, with a big hunk of cooking chocolate sticking out of it with a sign saying "CHOCOLATE" in front of it, it's most likely the chocolate flavour!

3. You may *NOT* have a bottle of Rum that is a garnish for Rum & Raisin. Don't think you're hilariously witty and the first person ever to ask if you could have it. You're a masssive R-tard, that's what. If you really want one then go down to Dan Murphey's and buy one for $6 yourself.

4. Do not sample every single flavour. If it's strawberry, then it's most likely gonna taste of damned strawberries.

5. Don't try to sound cultured by incorrectly trying to pronounce the flavours in Italian.

6. Don't ask me what the difference is between a cup and a cone. If you can't figure that one out then go back to grade 2 geometry.

7. If I turn around to get you some part of your order (or out back) then I can't magically hear the rest of what you're muttering, so don't look affronted when I get you to repeat it all.

8. I don't care if you don't speak English, go for it. Horray for immigration. But at least realise that vague sounds from your mouth and obtuse body movements don't tell me your order. Please realise that pointing and making distinct "this pleases me" or "this displeases me" sounds works wonders.

9. $50 bills are not all that the ATM spits out. If you hand me a $50 at 9:12am right after 3 other people then expect to get a shit load of $5 bills and change.

10. I don't not want your filthy used tasting spoons back. Put them in the frieking bin. Don't look so disgusted when I point the bin out to you and refuse to take it back.

11. You need to be more specific than "I'll have a gelato", "A cone, thanks" or "a cup of coffee"

12. No, you can't have 12 differnt flavours in a single cone.

13. Forming some horrible ogre-smile and telling me to give you a "big scoop" is going to result in you getting a quite small scoop.

14. Don't mumble. If I say "Beg your parden?" or "Sorry?" then don't just speak at the same barely audible level as you did before.

15. If you've somehow not obeyed one of the above rules and your order doesn't go as planned, don't wait until I have finished and give you your product to tell me this isn't what you wanted.

16. No, we do not stock Unflavoured, Devon, Roast Chicken or Cheese Gelato.

17. Don't bitch about the price. Gelato certainly isn't a staple and I couldn't care less about all these other expenses you have and no you can't get any sort of discount unless you buy over $100 worth of stock.

18. Don't be so surprised that I'm not overweight at all. My job doesn't involve eating stock endlessly. Yes, I have tried every flavour.

19. Don't try to use your awful maths skillz to debate what price the register says.

20. If the gelato is packed away, the floor mopped, the chairs up, music off and doors locked - we're shut. I don't give a flying fuck if you only want one scoop. I'm going to turn around and ignore and count my till. Camp out all night if you want.

21. Complain all you want, just do it to head office. If you refuse to take the business card with head office's phone number on it then you revoke any right to complain about anything.

Last edited:

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
more for gelatissimo:

1. trying to chat me up will not result in a discount. even if i'm in a good mood.

2. if you see that i'm preoccupied with another customer, please don't try and tell me your order. wait in line like everyone else in the store is.

3. if a flavour is not out the front, then its less likely its out the back - don't ask why its not there - amazingly we run out of flavours.

4. when i ask you "how are you?" i'm being polite... i don't want your life story. a one word, or even better one syllable answer is best.

5. don't complain if the freezer has frost all over the front and you can't see the flavours - if you want you're gelato to be edible you just have to wait for a minute for the freezer to defrost.

6. yes i know it takes effort to scoop gelato, you don't need to tell me - i've worked there and i know what's involved in the job.

7. i'm not going to tell you my favourite flavour, i'll tell you a random one because you're more likely to buy that.

8. if i have mopped somewhere, don't walk all over it and put dirt all in my store.

9. if you're sitting in the store, there are bins conveniently located at each exit - use them when you have finished eating your gelato.

10. baby cones are for babies, hence the name. and don't tell me you're buying them for your non-existant child.

11. if you are allergic to nuts, then maybe don't try sampling hazelnut.

12. yes the sorbet flavours are 100% fat free, it doesn't mean you'll lose weight by eating excessive amounts of them.

13.we are not your babysitters... do NOT leave your children in the store and expect us to look after them while you "run to the bank".

14. we give you what you ordered, don't expect us to put more on if you think its too small - because we will just pretend to put on more.

15. we can tell when you're not going to buy stuff, so don't stand there 'contemplating' which flavour you are going to buy for five minutes and then walk out of the store. we could be doing better things rather than following you around waiting for you to order something.

16. veronese chocolate is not vienna chocolate, veronose chocolate or vietmanese chocolate.

17. if you say you want the chocolate flavour, we have many. if you don't specify you're just going to get the regular one.

18. if you say you want more time to choose a flavour, then we're going to go away and do something productive so don't complain when we don't serve you the exact second you've decided to be ready.

19. no we don't accept credit cards... most purchases are not worth using one and if you don't have cash there are multitudes of atms around so find one before coming in the store.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
On a saturday, when there are only 2 of us working, please go away. I don't want your money, I want to spend saturday cleaning the store haha. If you really must swarm in, do it between 1230 and 130 when there are 3 of us.

If you want something without ice, don't order an ICE CRUSH. That's what they're made of. It's a good thing I didn't serve you because you were an ass about it, and I'll never go out of my way to help an ass.
Don't ask for your drink to be thicker AND no ice. Ice is what makes it thick.
Don't ask for a small juice with EVERYTHING in it. I'd be more than happy to make you an original sized one, but it's too hard to fit 20 things in a small cup.
Understand that I take the juicer down 10-15 minutes before we close, so I can start cleaning it and get out of here on time. You had hours and hours to order a juice, so don't be a shit when I tell you we're only doing smoothies until close. Come 5 minutes earlier next time.
Don't stand there, staring at the menu board with your mouth open. I just want to throw a ping pong ball at you. Maybe I'll win a prize.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
"Attention Customers, please be advised this store will cease trading in 5 minutes time....we'd ask customers to assist staff by making their way to the checkouts to finalise their purches...."

that means, STOP SHOPPING AND GO TO THE CHECKOUTS

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
one_wit said:
"Attention Customers, please be advised this store will cease trading in 5 minutes time....we'd ask customers to assist staff by making their way to the checkouts to finalise their purches...."

that means, STOP SHOPPING AND GO TO THE CHECKOUTS
hahahaha yes. i've had some customers who will barge past the staff member who is putting up the roller door and closing it, walk right past the blank screens of the empty turned off registers, pick up a basket and start shopping, only to look surprised and get all shitty when the manager pops his head out the door to ask what the fuck they are doing in there. some people never learn.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
we had one lady with a whole basket full of reduced xmas decorations line up at 5. we told her to come back the next day ....not suprisingly she didnt.
I think that they should announce closing and give about 30 seconds before either turning all the lights out completeely or pin pointing lingering customers and leaving only the light on that they are near. OR just progressively turning off the lights on the floor. that will get them out

"Chubby"

HSC
big w :

do not open a pack of clothes/undies whatever and say that wasn't the brand i want and leave it there.

Do not open a packet and say you want a discount on the packet uve just opened. My manager will know if u have opened it or not.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
One time I was opening on a saturday, and the bins were lined up outside the closed, locked doors of the store. The lights were off, the music was off, and this MORON was still pushing on the doors, trying to find a way in.

If a store has attempted to hinder your entering its premises, it's closed. No open store has locked doors or half-open rollers. When the staff are prepared to serve customers, the door will open. Until this time you will not be served, so bugger off.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yes, i realise the service desk clock isnt on perfect time, unfourtunatley it is perfectly in sync with the fingerscan unit downstairs, the unit which tells the cashoffice how long we've worked for, and funilly enough, the company doesnt like paying us extra.

therefore, when it comes to deciding what time the store closes, the service desk clock is the clock we use, get over it

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
BlackDragon said:
A customer took the cap off a 3 litre juice bottle and walked away today. i mean, what the fuck? Also, you get frozen mangos, pizza taken out of their boxes, meat in the juice section, and ice cream left at room temperature.

Who does this?
I reakon that is one of the most frustrating things about supermarket work. If its general groceries, and can be resold it doesnt really matter where you put it.
But if you open it/ruin it, or if its meant to be refrigerated place it back where its not going to go warm.

Customers, Use your brains!

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
For an only McCafe store

1. Please don't put your rubbish next to the bin. Put it IN the bin

2. Don't put rubbish on the "put rubbish in the bin" sign

3. Don't Put used sugar packets back with the fresh ones

4. Don't steal our sugar packets then complain we don't have any left

5. Don't come into the store and ask for a Big Mac. We CLEARLY don't sell ny of those.

6. Dont then go "what do you have" and ask for me to go through the whole menu. You have eyes, use them (like you should have before).

7. As said before don't give me a fifty first thing in the morning and expect me to have all the chane in the world. The float has just started

8. Don't complain and ask us to sell you egg and bacon rolls after 10:30. We stop making them eventually and you know that aswell.

9. Don't complain saying the food doesn't look exactly like the one on the sign (go figure)

10. Don't go to the toilets when I have left the door open and are in the prosess of cleaning them. Go to the disabled (theres no law against it) or hold it in.

11. Don't pay then change your order straight afterwards. You just paid for it.

12. Don't take our furniture outside. Or if you do please have the courtisy to bring it back in.

13. Don't complain when we close. I want to go home.

Pilotdude

HSC
This is gold!!,

Hear the this is "false advertising" etc EVERY day.

More rules:

1. If you a forigen and choose to live in this country dont tell me that the government is fucked up and John Howard is greedy over your stupid cigarette prices, either dont smoke or leave

2. If your Asian, Indian or European dont winge at me about something being wrong because you think its wrong or should be done another way. And dont winge because the coke was in the wrong spot.

3. Dont ask me for smokes without the "gross" images, ill make sure to give you the brain or the gangreen one.

4. I dont price cigarettes so dont yell at me for doing that, ill yell back and if you have a problem ill call the manager.

5. Just because youre buying a whole 5 cartons you arent going to get a discount for buying at woolworths, you dickhead.

6. The store closes at 9pm if you try to come in i will boot you out, smokeshop closes at 9pm so tough if you take for ever.

7. Dont blame me because you have to walk around the back of the mall because liquor is closed at 9pm.

8. After 9pm when i walk up to you and ask you to hurry up DO IT. I will do it untill i have to follow you, then dont ask me to check prices because wont at 9.20 because i have to send my staff home.

9. Dont tell me youre friends with "Youre CEO, Roger Corbett", because i will reply "You obviously havent spoken to him since october because hes not CEO anymore" and dont acuse me of lying fuckwit.

10. WOW you have friends in high places, im so scared

11. If i cant understand you and you try to yell at me in an unknown language i will look at you and laugh.

12. Dont come through express with full shopping because you want to buy cigarettes or the lines are too big, you have to wait like everyone else and dont yell at me because youre in a hurry, not my problem.

13. Dont ask me questions about taste etc of cigarettes, ill reply with "I dont smoke, its a filthy habbit" dont yell at me because i call you filthy.

14. Dont try to steal stuff then look at me and run out, i will call service 100 catch you and then have you charged with theft.

15. Dont come to me if you have BO please.

16. There is a fundamental difference between OPERATOR ERROR and SCANNING POLICY, i will get you a feedback form and the policy for you to read if you wish to further argue.

17. Dont tell me off for not having any of a special left on a sunday night at 8.30, the special has been running since monday. I will not write a raincheck out.

There a few rules that have pissed me off in the last week.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol @ this thread. i love it how customers seem to see us simultaneously as all-knowing gods and pond scum at the same time...for example, we're clearly too stupid to make anything of ourselves because we work behind a register, but we're also supposedly possessed of photographic memories and a magic ability to solve all their problems...i wish they would realise that neither is true.

Skeeta

HSC
If I am busy, and clearly run off my feet. PLEASE dont try and start a conversation with me, about how busy we are today.

Fucking idiots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)