Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The discount coupon says "50% off any Boost juice".
Some customers fail to read it and ask for smoothies, but when I point out that it says "juice" they understand.

Except for one guy. He tried to argue that smoothies are juices ("Your store is called Boost Juice, so every drink is a Boost juice"). I don't see why he bothered. Did he really think that arguing was going to get him the discount? Just because he doesn't understand the concept of juice vs smoothies doesn't mean we have to accomodate him.

jamiedumas

HSC
meh, i hate cinema but i love cinema at the same time, everyday somethings different...

spangacrab

HSC
scarybunny said:
The discount coupon says "50% off any Boost juice".
Some customers fail to read it and ask for smoothies, but when I point out that it says "juice" they understand.

Except for one guy. He tried to argue that smoothies are juices ("Your store is called Boost Juice, so every drink is a Boost juice"). I don't see why he bothered. Did he really think that arguing was going to get him the discount? Just because he doesn't understand the concept of juice vs smoothies doesn't mean we have to accomodate him.
Even I would feel a bit ripped.

CieL

HSC
Can customers please open their eyes and look around properly before they ask a question on product placement?
Like heck, it's not cool when I'm really really busy in peak hour, and you ask me where the eggs are, when they're RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.. literally in the aisle in front of you, three metres to the left..

Don't ask me where the baskets are. It is common sense that we place them at the entrance after the detectors so you can pick one up and go shopping straight away... BUT wait a minute! Of course you didnt see them, because you went through the checkout lanes to get into the store! Heck, what is wrong with you people, there's an ENTRANCE and an EXIT.. you go in the entrance and out the exit.. is it that hard to understand? I'd be considerate and not think too much of it if we were a HUUGE store in which if you were on one side and couldnt be bothered walking 20m to the entrance.. but our entrance and exits are like 2m apart.. it doesn't kill to walk those few extra steps..

J

jhakka

1. Go to the Information desk, NOT THE REGISTERS, when you have a question.
2. When I ask if you want to join the mailing list, don't look terrified and do that quick shake of the head (like in the Seinfeld episode when Jerry's girlfriend won't take a bite of his pie, and when Jerry wouldn't eat the pizza because he knew Poppie didn't wash his hands after going to the toilet). A simple "No thanks" will do.

pete_mate

HSC
Malfoy said:
Poker wench

My job is good and easy, and I'm grateful for it, but small things irritate me.

1. Do NOT put your glasses on the floor. It's dangerous. Besides, if I walked past your tables and knocked your beer over, you'd want me to buy you a new one. If I shattered an empty glass and it cut you or me, there'd be trouble. The tables have cupholders for a reason.
2. I am not going to organise side games for you when there's six people left in the main game. I get paid a flat rate and I'm not staying later than I have to while waiting for a side game - which we don't even HAVE to organise, it's a privilege - to finish. It's an hour's drive home, and it'll be 11.30 by the time the main game finishes.
3. Do not regale me with endless stories of your poker feats at various other games. I don't care. I'm not interested in poker. I do the job because I'm good at organising things and because for a student, roughly $25 an hour is good money.
4. If you smoke at the tables, I WILL throw you out of the game. I don't care if the guy that runs the other night lets you do it, I won't. It ruins the tables. Thankfully I've never had to do this, but please don't badger me about smoking.
5. It's not my fault the bar staff are understaffed and can't do tray service. I won't go and buy you drinks. I don't have an RSA, so I think it's actually illegal for me to do this. Buy your drinks in the break or get someone else to buy them for you.
the guys at the APL poker night i goto seem to be fairly into it, one guy can do all these psycho chip tricks. but i think he said he got a comission on the side tables?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Nothing here really the customers fault but peoples jackets are annoying me. They put them over the back of there chair, but there jackets are bloody looong. I keep tripping over them. Again not much they can do.

CieL

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
Nothing here really the customers fault but peoples jackets are annoying me. They put them over the back of there chair, but there jackets are bloody looong. I keep tripping over them. Again not much they can do.
Table waiting?

I remember when I worked for a party, the table was 12 people long.. and on one side there was about 20cm between the backs of their chairs and a glass divider.. and people who hang their long coats there.. I stepped on all of them by accident when I clear tables.. can't be prevented.. I either step on their coats, or spill sauce all over them..

CieL

HSC
scarybunny said:
ironic, much?
I've learnt to ignore him.

EDIT:

I dont think APL's supposed to take commission from the cash games.. my bf works for them and no poker crew in their region takes commission.. I think your area's doing the dodgy..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i actually like my job. (video store). wish it paid a bit better though. the person who said 'no one here NEEDS to work at these jobs' is a bit presumptious though - you may live at home and have no bills to pay, but some of us need to pay the rent, fuckwit.

most of my customers are really nice and i have some brilliant regulars. i think what pisses me off most is when people ring the store during pub trivia etc, particularly when i'm busy/closing. esp when they say something generic like 'name 3 cate blanchett movies', i do it and they contradict me. fuck off. you're not actually buying anything

kloudsurfer

HSC
glycerine said:
i actually like my job. (video store). wish it paid a bit better though. the person who said 'no one here NEEDS to work at these jobs' is a bit presumptious though - you may live at home and have no bills to pay, but some of us need to pay the rent, fuckwit.

most of my customers are really nice and i have some brilliant regulars. i think what pisses me off most is when people ring the store during pub trivia etc, particularly when i'm busy/closing. esp when they say something generic like 'name 3 cate blanchett movies', i do it and they contradict me. fuck off. you're not actually buying anything
Haha people actually do that?

gowie

HSC
  • Yes, we are called 'the reject shop'
  • no, im not kidding
  • no, im not called a 'reject' because i am an employee
  • dont, ask me if it the glue will glue wood when it is clearly labeled as "uses: wood"
  • dont ask if there is another one "out the back"...there is no back, all it is, is a mop, bucket, broom, office, and walls.
  • dont ask me if the cutsie dog-jacket will fit your dog, this is for a number of reasons: -What I know about dogs can be written on a post-it -I dont know YOUR dog , I have never seen YOUR dog -I do not know what a king-charles-spaniel-schaunzer-poodle is
  • dont ask for cash-out when the sign practically on your head reads sorry no cash-out
  • dont tell me "oh wait I have the money" when weve already done the transaction on ur card 5 secs ago.
  • dont ask me if you left your glasses here 2 weeks ago, there gone buddy, let 'em go alright.
  • Never again, ask me if i can get the solid wood bookcase, from the top shelf, which I clearly cannot reach right now, and bring to your car which you told me was "right out front" when it is a block away amidst a car park, then ask me to put in your convertible, through the gap between in your front seat and door ,to get to the backseat, which is evidently smaller then the cabinent itself, without tearing your leather seats, where through the simple push of a button YOU COULD PUT THE FUCKING TOP DOWN ARSEHOLE.
:bomb:
ahh. that felt better

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Haha people actually do that?
yeah there's a few. i don't mind so much if they ring when we're quiet or whatever but ringing, for example, at 7pm on a friday night is totally not on. or five minutes before we close.

i personally don't get why you would care so but, but oh well. people kind of expect us to be experts and i'm like... um... i didn't even know who roman polanski was til i started working here. (well, not quite, but you get the picture)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
gowie said:
  • Yes, we are called 'the reject shop'
  • no, im not kidding
  • no, im not called a 'reject' because i am an employee
  • dont, ask me if it the glue will glue wood when it is clearly labeled as "uses: wood"
  • dont ask if there is another one "out the back"...there is no back, all it is, is a mop, bucket, broom, office, and walls.
  • dont ask me if the cutsie dog-jacket will fit your dog, this is for a number of reasons: -What I know about dogs can be written on a post-it -I dont know YOUR dog , I have never seen YOUR dog -I do not know what a king-charles-spaniel-schaunzer-poodle is
  • dont ask for cash-out when the sign practically on your head reads sorry no cash-out
  • dont tell me "oh wait I have the money" when weve already done the transaction on ur card 5 secs ago.
  • dont ask me if you left your glasses here 2 weeks ago, there gone buddy, let 'em go alright.
  • Never again, ask me if i can get the solid wood bookcase, from the top shelf, which I clearly cannot reach right now, and bring to your car which you told me was "right out front" when it is a block away amidst a car park, then ask me to put in your convertible, through the gap between in your front seat and door ,to get to the backseat, which is evidently smaller then the cabinent itself, without tearing your leather seats, where through the simple push of a button YOU COULD PUT THE FUCKING TOP DOWN ARSEHOLE.
:bomb:
ahh. that felt better
ahahahahaha i used to get the 'reject' jokes too when i worked there. and people who used to want discounts (yes, discounts) on stuff that was like, 2 bucks...i mean, come on guys, seriously.

//Niix//

HSC
N/A
ANNNDDD dont think u are going 2 lose weight by ordering a diet coke when u have just ordered everything in the store. fat fark!

bassqueen16

HSC
just some curiosities from the shoe business:
* If I tell you we don't have a size 6 or anything within that range, don't continue to pester me by saying "So you don't have a 6.5???" in that annoying asian accent of yours
* If the roller doors are coming down, dont bash on them and give me that look, im not letting you in, i want to go home
* DO NOT and i repeat, DO NOT try and beg me for 50% off ALREADY discounted shoes, especially in that annoying asian accent of yours, or even if you look pretty wealthy and have dior sunglasses atop your greasy extensions, i don't own the store and even if i did i wouldnt give a discount to the likes of you...

That sounds about right :)

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
At a real estate agent:

1. No, the property manager is not in on weekends. No, you can not get a hold of her. I will take down your name and number but it can't be guaranteed we will do anything for you until Monday. None of our agents will be able to help you with your problem so don't insist asking for help. I am pretty much the best you've got.

2. If you would like to look at a house can you please book in advance? Calling up at 11:15 and expecting an appointment for 12:00 is not just unrealistic, its plain rude. Our tenants need 24 hours notice.

3. I should not be yelled at. It's not my fault if nobody has repaired your property. It's not even my fault if there is no note of keys or a lease to sign. I am here on a Saturday and do the best I can to accomodate you people. Yelling at me only makes me angry and pissed off and makes me want to sort out your housing issues even less.

4. Thankyou is a good word. It should be used often. For example today a lady came in and thanked me for helping her get a rental property 6 months ago and for me being generally friendly. That meant a great deal to me. I appreciate that so much rather than a pasted on smile and a fake hello.

In a Restaurant:

1. I am paid to speak to customers, it is part of my job. Don't yell at me if you don't like the fact I know one of the customers and they like to speak to me. It isn't my fault. If you find the conversation offensive bring it up with them.

2. I am not a mind reader. If your children are cold, I don't know unless you tell me. Therefore you shouldn't blame me if it is, unless you tell me and I don't make any effort to fix it. If it's too cold, don't fricken come out to eat.

3. When I say 'No, I'm sorry, we don't do deliveries' I generally mean 'No, I'm sorry, we don't do deliveries.' Calling back in an hour is not going to change this fact, neither is giving me an order worth 100 dollars and then asking to have it delivered. I don't care how cold, miserable and rainy it is. Come out and get it yourself.

4. Please don't make us come and ask you to leave. When you are the only people left in the restaurant, we have asked you if we can sweep around you and it is a school night it is generally a good indicator for you to pick up your stuff and go.

There is many more things that I will post up when I am generally pissed off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)