Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
interesting point, the answer is no for me. i only switch into my customer service shoes when i got my uniform on and i know i am getting paid. it will never be an instinctive thing for me. when i am in casual clothes, i do whatever i please. if the store person is nice and helpful, i will treat them the same.

so you people in customer service who said you'd treat your 'colleagues' in the retail industry very nicely. in the same logic, would a telemarketer start chatting to other telemarketers who ring their house on a random basis? and possibly support their scheme? never will he hang up on them rudely?

and err kym, shouldn't you be doing your hsc at the moment? or have you bombed out already? still find the time to get on the net and post, that's 'admirable'. you'd better be getting real good at your part time job, because soon it'd be your full time.

kym999

HSC
wuddie said:
and err kym, shouldn't you be doing your hsc at the moment? or have you bombed out already? still find the time to get on the net and post, that's 'admirable'. you'd better be getting real good at your part time job, because soon it'd be your full time.
Hahaha. Oh, you are so funny! And Clever... gee i wish i was as clever as you. No wait, I am, its called Alternative Entry, fuckwit. Im already fully accepted and enrolled into the course i want off an interview, schools recomendation, references, and because i worked my ass off in the school based assessments. So, yes i am doing it, but not caring too much because the UAI doesnt mean shit to me.

So lets get back to the real issue of you being a tool!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wuddie said:
interesting point, the answer is no for me. i only switch into my customer service shoes when i got my uniform on and i know i am getting paid. it will never be an instinctive thing for me. when i am in casual clothes, i do whatever i please. if the store person is nice and helpful, i will treat them the same.

so you people in customer service who said you'd treat your 'colleagues' in the retail industry very nicely. in the same logic, would a telemarketer start chatting to other telemarketers who ring their house on a random basis? and possibly support their scheme? never will he hang up on them rudely?
it's not that we would treat our 'colleagues' nicely, but that we do treat them nicely. Because it's really just a treat-others-the-way-you-want-to-be-treated thing, like others have said. i can't speak for the telemarketers. perhaps they do the same thing. But i think once you've dealt with enough shithouse customers you become aware of your own behaviour and modify it accordingly when you're out shopping.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
wuddie said:
I doubt it, because there's a difference between going to a shop to buy something and someone calling you during dinner trying to sell you stuff. Or mormons coming knocking on your door on a weekend morning.

Notice how I'm never at the supermarket at dinnertime, buying things I don't want.

ALSO telemarketers don't let you speak. They say "helloidliketotalktoyouaboutagreatopportunityinblahblahblah" and you don't get an opportunity to say "no thanks", which would be polite enough. So you have to interrupt their spiel and say NO THANKS and hang up, because they don't take no for an answer.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i am not disagreeing with you, but sometimes you aren't awared that you are doing things other people find annoying.

i have worked with telemarketing before (for Nielson Polls). what you have to understand with this industry, it is a high stress and pressured job with a very low strike rate. everytime people pick up the phone and it is not someone that they know, they'd think it is some indian dude trying to sell them something. it is a tough job - but we appreciate that not everyone is interested in a survey, let alone giving us their credit card details over the phone.

having worked with nielson's, i certainly understand the pressured situation that the telemarketer is facing, and try to reject them nicely. so don't jump to the conclusion that telemarketers don't let you speak before you put yourself on their shoes. by hanging up on them, you are doing exactly what you are ranting about in this thread. to them, you've become the annoying one.

what i am saying is, no one is perfect. so unless you're 100% sure you've never offended any trades-person, don't jump on the net and whinge about a person at the first instance you've got. we've got a word for that - hypocrisy.

CieL

HSC
Please take a shower before you come in the store.
It's uncool when I can't see you but I can smell you.
The stench of stale urine and shit is absolutely horrible.
I was dry wretching when I was serving you and no shit that was the reason why I was scanning so fast, why did you even bother to ask.. I was scared I'd chuck up in front of the store in peak hour
Then when I was outside gasping for air and happened to be standing 10m away from you DOWNWIND.. fuck I felt like chucking up again..

``````````

Learn to read signs.
When it is per kilo, it MEANS per kilo. Don't tell me that the sign has $x.xx on it so you pay like a dollar for a 7kg watermelon.
Each day I waste so much time deleting and refunding items because people don't understand what /kg means.

```````````

No, we do not refund or exchange tobacco items - especially those without receipts. You bring in a pack of DRUM tobacco and tell me a woeful story about how your 89yr old mother bought you the wrong tobacco for your birthday.. aww.. and you can't smoke DRUMs? Aww.. more like you don't want to! Fucking 80yrs old and still whinging like a little bitch because your mummy bought you the wrong smokes, and that you don't want to break her heart to tell her you only smoke White OX. You insist that you want to exchange or refund. He doesn't even fucking know where she bought them. Because guess what. We don't even sell 30g DRUM tobacco. As if go into a random store with NO receipt and demand a refund. Are you a fucking lunatic? We'd go broke if everyone did that. Hell, I'll just hijack a truck full of stock now and demand a full refund on everything in there.

astarael

strawberryqueen
HSC
CieL said:
so why would I want a rude angry curry standing behind my back any longer than they have to?
wow, you really made a giant deal out of the fact that this guy was indian. i wonder if it would have made any difference if he was caucasian...?? maybe he was rude to you because he was unhappy about being served by an angry white racist

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
astarael said:
wow, you really made a giant deal out of the fact that this guy was indian. i wonder if it would have made any difference if he was caucasian...?? maybe he was rude to you because he was unhappy about being served by an angry white racist
i think she was just describing the customer tbh rather than being actively racist.

astarael

strawberryqueen
HSC
this fucking curry man .... "I don't want it then" in a fucking curry accent.... You've probably made so many fucking babies you'll buy $100 in groceries the next day anyway....Some other customer told me I should of slugged one over his head.. then another white guy taught me how to call him a faggot in punjabi...rude angry curry

sounds pretty goddamn racist to me...

if she was merely describing the customer, then i think it would have been adequate to refer to him as indian, once, not that it would have any relevance. making numerous references to him being a "fucking curry" is racist.

astarael

strawberryqueen
HSC
clearly i was just trying to point out that the original poster had a very hostile attitude towards the customer and a large amount of her aggression seemed to be based around the fact that the customer was indian. the reference to fucking babies (made by her, not me) was clearly based on the stereotype that all indian people have lots of children.

and according to you guys, her rant was not racist...

i personally would be grossly offended if anyone were to talk like that about me or around me and i find it odd that anyone would be o.k. with that kind of attitude...but each to their own i guess.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hear hear.

in this thread, ranters can do no wrong. they can be as racist as pauline hansen and john law, yet as long as its directed at customers, its all cool, no love loss.

if that indian customer smelled so bad, why didn't you say something? it's rude? but it's a whole lot better talking behind his back? plus referring him as a fken curry?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wuddie said:
in this thread, ranters can do no wrong.
pretty much, yeah. that's what the thread is for, after all.

i don't think Ciel was being racist if you actually look at her comments within the context of the rest of the post (ie the stress and anger she was obviously feeling). there's nothing there to suggest that under normal circumstances, that she would hate indian people. Everyone has times where they get furious and start flinging around insults, it doesn't mean they hold those views when they're not upset.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hell no, of course not. after all, if she was racist, she'd probably stabbed him and blamed it on anger and stress.

so being angry is a perfectly good excuse for using a few 'fken -nationality-' in your sentence? even hours after the event took place?

she didn't call the guy a 'fken curry' at the time because she knows it's not acceptable and she'll probably get fired. she knows it, i know it, so do you. no excuse for her there.

nevertheless, in this perfectly secluded world of 'ranting about customers/your job', there can be no wrong. so feel free to lash out with racist comments.

waysted

HSC
After seeing this thread i had to join just so i could add to it! Seeing as there's like 100 pages already they may have already been said but anyway...
i work at k-mart:

1. Please do not swap your 5 year old smelly disgusting pair of shoes for new ones and leave the old ones for me to pick up. If spent all your money on drugs and can't afford to buy K-MART shoes, fine, but at least put the dirty fucking things in one of the 66000 bins around the store so i don't have to touch them?

2. Don't call me a fucking liar when all i'm trying to do is help. Swearing at me does not make me feel any way inclined to help you and you may find me telling you to get fucked, you stupid wog bitch who rang the other day.

3. DO NOT expect athletes foot service when you come into k-mart. I have 1000 other things to do because i'm the only person working. No, i don't care if you have knee pain when you run. No, i don't care that you're morbidly obese and need something that will support 600kgs. GO TO A FUCKING SHOE SHOP DICKHEAD!

4. At least attempt to put clothes back on the hangers after you try them on you lazy fucks?

5. Stop calling me by my name you disgusting old men!! Just because i wear a name badge it doesn't give you the right to use my name in every sentence.

6. There are fitting rooms for a reason. Don't try things on in the middle of the shop and then throw them on the floor when they look shit on you.

7. Why don't we have leather shoes? Because it's k-mart buddy! What do you expect for $30?

8. Please, please, please, stop dumping everything at the scanners!! Look at the price on the ticket you incompetant fuck.

9. I work in the clothes section. Therefore, no, i don't know if we sell season 3 of the brady bunch. Go and ask someone remotely near the DVD section.

10. Don't leave a 10 metre pile of shoes that you can't be bothered putting back on the floor becasue you're a lazy bitch and then blame us when your kid trips over them and gets stabbed in the throat by a stiletto.

11. STOP taking stocking, bibs, shirts etc out of the packets!! The packets are made of clear plastic!! You can see straight through them!!!

12. I don't know what colour socks you should wear, nor do i care, i'm not a fucking fashion adviser.

That'll do for now.... ahh, relief.

T

Testpilot

Last night some woman paid for $250 of groceries in $5 gift cards. Thats 50 transactions.

T

Testpilot

pete_mate said:
wtf is flybuys anyway, i always get annoyed when they ask, like they're trying to sell me something.

if it was so important wouldn't i have the card ready?
Just seen as it hasnt been exlained properly. Flybuys is a market research tool. It is designed to gather information about what customers buy, how often the buy it etc. People recieve points for every dollar spent in return for giving us access to the data. This way Coles knows they need to have x facings of product y and things like that. Im sure that the data also goes to the manfacturers of the products too.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
re waysted, the chick who joined just so she can whine.

after posting about 12 rules for your customers, can you tell me and for the sake of all your potential future clients and employers - what are you happy to do?

as far as i can tell, you have just eliminated the vast majority of your job description.

waysted

HSC
Pretty much anything as long as you make an effort to be nice to me about it and don't treat me like i'm some sort of lower life form? It doesn't take that much effort to not be a completely rude shit.
Most customers are fine and know that there aren't enough staff to help them for half an hour. But some think they're the only person in the whole store who needs help and it shits me.
By the way, isn't the whole idea of this thread so that people can whine about customers so that they don't actually take it out on the customers?
So fuck you.

kym999

HSC
wuddie said:
re waysted, the chick who joined just so she can whine.

after posting about 12 rules for your customers, can you tell me and for the sake of all your potential future clients and employers - what are you happy to do?

as far as i can tell, you have just eliminated the vast majority of your job description.
Hey Wuddie, its been made pretty clear that this thread is for a bit of whinging, and you have demonstrated that you disagree. As we all know your oppinions, and we all know that you are wrong - how about you leave this thread... If it pisses you off so much why dont you just stop reading it??? So to quote the wise words of waysted - FUCK YOU!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)