Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
pezdog said:
1. Do not lecture me about how you think our prices are to high. I stack shelves, i dont set the price. I really dont give a shit if you think you shouldnt pay $3 for 3 kilos of sugar.

I have had the same guy lecture me about our prices for 3 saturdays straight, fuck he gives me the shits
You need to snap like I do.
I get bitched at because of waiting lists, like I set the list or something.

Fucktards, you need to stand up for yourself and say 'Honestly, if you have an issue with the pricing take it up with the manager'.

You shouldn't have to put up with rude assholes all the time.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
wuddie said:
yet you stood there and took the lecturing, like you should as an employee?
Have you ever said anything back to a customer, whether polite or not? It does absolutely nothing except make them angrier, and in turn you get in trouble for shit all.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
wuddie said:
yet you stood there and took the lecturing, like you should as an employee?
What else would you do?

edit: well what boris said, but the way you put that post it's as if you're supposed to deck them or something

Evilo

HSC
jodi..1 said:
Have you ever said anything back to a customer, whether polite or not? It does absolutely nothing except make them angrier, and in turn you get in trouble for shit all.
some people need to be put back in their place. i do that.

When i'm right they will hear about it, especially when its a legal issue (RSA)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
simply tell them that if they have any comment about the pricing, send a letter to the management. then walk off. it is called being thinking on the spot. you should try it.

greekgun

HSC
Had this god dam annoying customer today, who bought 10 cans of tuna (there was a special: 5 cans of the SAME FLAVORED TUNA for 5 dollars). Now this lady comes in and buys like 10 different falvored tuna's, and some are different brands. Now this is how the convo went
Me- "Hey how are you today"
Her- "These cans are on special, dont stuff it up"
Me- *thinking in my head* FUCK U, U RUDE CHEAP BITCH
Me- "Ah ok, let me just scan them for you"
Her- *Staring at the screen* "Hang on, why is it 15 dollars, its discounted it should only be 10 dollars"
Me- Well, the special only applies to the same brand of tune, and even then it has to be the same flavor"
Her- ranting on about false advertisment "I want it for 10 dollars because YOU STUFFED UP- GOD I HATE WHEN IM SERVED BY YOU HIGH SCHOOL KIDS" at this point she was screetching.
Now at this point i was getting pissed off at this lady, i was just trying to do my job, so i called the service manager and he came down and told her the same thing i did and she was still having a sook.
So my service manager goes and gets the sign infront of the tuna and shows it to her and tells her "That will be 15 dollars and 57 cents, have you got fly bys"
And then the bitch stormed off.

So the rule is: please, be 100% sure of what you are arguing before you bite our heads off. Our job is crap enough already what with the shitty wages and all.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
they aren't stupid, they know fully well what the special actually is, they're just trying to use the "omg bad service from young kids/the world is falling apart" line to scam you :D

greekgun

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
they aren't stupid, they know fully well what the special actually is, they're just trying to use the "omg bad service from young kids/the world is falling apart" line to scam you :D
next time a customer tries this on me after a full on busy day, ill kick em in the balls.

Evilo

HSC
"ma'am if you had read the sign properly, it clearly states that you must by 10 of the same brand of tuna to get the discount, these are 10 different brands therefore does not get the discount offered.".

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
no that's why they have the "incompetent high school kid/customer is always right" character, so they can act shocked/offended when you say that, since the idea is that you are a stupid kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. Trying to explain just makes them more indignant

The only way to fix it is to defer to someone else straight away... it doesn't even have to be a manager I've found, just anyone who's not standing on a register (e.g. another checkout operator walking past at the time will sometimes do, especially if they're a bit older than you)

greekgun

HSC
Stuff it, i dont give a shit anymore, if they go compain to my manager ill just tell him that the customer was being a knob and wasnt listning to what i was saying. I swear, its amazing how stupid and ignorant some of our "mature" and "grown up" society can be.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
wuddie said:
simply tell them that if they have any comment about the pricing, send a letter to the management. then walk off. it is called being thinking on the spot. you should try it.
i tend to offer customer service

you should try it.

Evilo

HSC
uhawww said:
i tend to offer customer service

you should try it.
hhahaahahaha

customer service isnt being a little bitch and letting people give you shit for something that isn't your fault (and shouldnt ever be). I dont set the prices, and they know that. Tbh unless you're in a boutique store, prices are usually low anyway. Its called reality, they need to get used to it.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Evilo said:
hhahaahahaha

customer service isnt being a little bitch and letting people give you shit for something that isn't your fault (and shouldnt ever be). I dont set the prices, and they know that. Tbh unless you're in a boutique store, prices are usually low anyway. Its called reality, they need to get used to it.
oh you actually take what they say to heart? and making the customer feel deserted is your definition of customer service?

half they time they just want someone to bitch to, just let them go on and on and half the time they'll start to think you're the good guy, even apologising to you sometimes.

But you must work at a supermarket or something. I work in a department store. Where it's our job to be little bitches I guess.

greekgun

HSC
uhawww said:
oh you actually take what they say to heart? and making the customer feel deserted is your definition of customer service?

half they time they just want someone to bitch to, just let them go on and on and half the time they'll start to think you're the good guy, even apologising to you sometimes.

But you must work at a supermarket or something. I work in a department store. Where it's our job to be little bitches I guess.
Customer service means providing a service to the customer. Telling a customer that you arent in charge of prices, dairy, stock etc and telling them to go to another staff member is customer service as you might not tell them the correct information or provide them wth the correct service is there asking you a question which is not your job.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
greekgun said:
Customer service means providing a service to the customer. Telling a customer that you arent in charge of prices, dairy, stock etc and telling them to go to another staff member is customer service as you might not tell them the correct information or provide them wth the correct service is there asking you a question which is not your job.
yes, that's fine. but just saying "go to the manager" and walking off, leaving them there, is pretty shit. "putting them in their place" doesn't sound like you are kindly referring them to the correct personnel and apologising that you can't do anything.

Evilo

HSC
customer service isnt taking shit from people. i spose i do take it to heart yes, but i refuse to apologise for something that isnt my fault. Those people get a high from putting people down, me telling them to "shove it" (instead of apologising) puts them back in their place. I honestly dont see whats wrong with that? do not feed the troll?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)